Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

LOVE HYATT BUT GOT DEVASTATED - Hyatt Regency Cancun Closing Doors 30 Apr 14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOVE HYATT BUT GOT DEVASTATED - Hyatt Regency Cancun Closing Doors 30 Apr 14

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sam_goh
At checkout, we were told that tips didn't count and that we had a balance. We had tipped pretty well (20% overall) for Mexico, but since we were in a hurry we didn't push. The front desk suggested that we could call GHP to see if we could get points for all the F&B spend + misc stuff.
By not really taking the time in getting your final bill I think you did somewhat bring this upon yourself. That's something you really need to do while at the property.

GP is great for getting things like your missing Diamond amenity points posted but contesting charges made by the hotel is not really their responsibility. So contacting the hotel is still the best option, especially now that they are leaving Hyatt and I imagine GP impact is limited.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 8:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by A-Train
So I just want to wrap up the post.

I will work out the details with Dana from GP, and I cannot tell you how happy I am to get a personal response from someone with the authority to fix the issue.

THAT is one of the main reasons I am so loyal to Hyatt, and what I was looking for by posting here - a means to seek a remedy.

Good luck to everyone here who had made, or was making, reservations!
Yes my correspondence with Dana at Hyatt GP has been excellent as well. As I booked at Christmas well before ownership has changed, it appears that the reservation with suite upgrades remains in tact. Well done Hyatt

Last edited by smilee; Apr 27, 2014 at 10:59 pm
Old Apr 26, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: FB Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by OZJET
This was a great property I and a res for may but cancelled and went to westin.
Did you get back the deposit (if they had charged you for 1 night at time of booking)?
If yes, how long did it take ?

We had a reservation for Aug, but cancelled and decided to stay at Zilara.
Since then, despite several email exchanges with Hyatt, we haven't yet received the deposit back from the hotel (even though they told Hyatt that the refund went through) ...

Just want to get it worked out before the hotel leaves Hyatt….
Old Apr 26, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: AS 100K
So I booked 4 nights next month at this hotel back in January. I'm planning on starting a diamond challenge next month, will my four nights qualify???
Old Apr 26, 2014, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
So I booked 4 nights next month at this hotel back in January. I'm planning on starting a diamond challenge next month, will my four nights qualify???
Wow, three question marks. You really want to know!

If your account has reflected the Diamond status at the time of your stay, you will be treated as a Diamond. It can take up to 72 hours for the account to update, so make sure you start the trial before then.

Okay, in the context of a hotel leaving the chain, this is a legitimate question. I withdraw my snark.

I don't think any of us could give a definitive answer, so I hope the Gold Passport Concierge will chime in.

Last edited by hailstorm; Apr 26, 2014 at 4:24 pm
Old Apr 26, 2014, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Wow, three question marks. You really want to know!

If your account has reflected the Diamond status at the time of your stay, you will be treated as a Diamond. It can take up to 72 hours for the account to update, so make sure you start the trial before then.
Your response is non-helpful.

Since the hotel in question will NO LONGER be part of Hyatt in May, it's a very valid question. I'd certainly want to know the answer before I went.

Is the hotel guaranteeing Diamond benefits after it leaves the chain, for bookings made while a Hyatt?
Old Apr 27, 2014, 1:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

He really isn't asking about Diamond benefits, but if the nights will give stay credit.... and for a hotel that has left Hyatt by then, the standard answer is no stay credit (unless you can get some kind of commitment from GP before going).
Old May 18, 2014, 5:41 pm

Programs: AS 100K
So I called GP and talked to a supervisor and she said that the nights would not count for credit even though I had booked this way before they announced the change. This is a total bummer since it'll make my chances of completing the diamond challenge way tougher. they did offer me 8k points for failing to advise me about the change. She also said that they still had rooms at the zilara...for $900/night!!! Of course I turned down the outrageous offer.

Has anyone here stayed here since the management change? If so, what were your experiences? I did some research today and it seems that the property is now all-inclusive. But I'm assuming hyatt reservations will not be given all-inclusive benefits, or am I wrong??
Old May 24, 2014, 12:50 pm

Hi, first post.

I'm in similar situation. Getting very frustrated with Hyatt customer service.

Received communication from Hyatt that stated Krystal, “will also be honoring all Elite Benefits for our members.” Requested clarification. If "all elite member benefits" does not include stay/point credits... Hyatt reply was misleading at best.

Just curious... has anyone received reasonable consideration for loss of Hyatt benefits?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.