Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Diamond breakfast (option of either the club lounge or restaurant) - WIKI

Old Mar 8, 2014, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: abitlost
I'll make this thread a wiki since it's a good question - if a property allows an option for a Diamond to choose whether to have the complimentary breakfast in the club lounge or the restaurant when the club lounge is open and operating. Please add to the list if you know for sure. Please do not list properties that allow restaurant breakfast when the lounge is temporarily closed (day of the week / seasonal) since that really isn't an option but complying with Hyatt T&Cs. Just because the property is on this list doesn't mean that they do it all the time, could be a temporary test or some other reason. It's YMMV if they offer it all the time.

I'll start - please add as appropriate.

GH Hong Kong
GH Singapore

HR Mainz
PH Hamburg

Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
HR St. Louis at the Arch (8/2014)

Regency Bandung
Regency Yogyakarta
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Hi, new diamond here, if the hotel has a club can you instead opt to order from the menu in case you don't like the club offerings (staying at the Lost Pines in a few weeks)? Also we are a large family and I have a suite and extra room booked, will they offer diamond breakfast to all (we are 8 in total)?

Thanks for the help.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Hi, new diamond here, if the hotel has a club can you instead opt to order from the menu in case you don't like the club offerings (staying at the Lost Pines in a few weeks)? Also we are a large family and I have a suite and extra room booked, will they offer diamond breakfast to all (we are 8 in total)?

Thanks for the help.
No, if there is a club and it is open, that is your diamond breakfast benefit. The majority of Hyatts - including the Lost Pines (where I've stayed numerous time) aren't going to give you a choice. At a property w/a club, there won't be any issue w/the # guests.

In the event you are at a property w/o a club, or the club is closed, then, as stated on hyatt.com:

Daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) will be provided to the member and each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people when staying at Hyatt Place properties, Hyatt House properties, or Hyatt Residence Club resorts.

Last edited by bdemaria; Mar 8, 2014 at 11:11 am
Old Mar 7, 2014, 10:58 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/benefits/...ip_diamond.jsp

2 During periods of high demand access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge may not be available; therefore Diamond members will receive 2,500 bonus points per stay plus daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) for each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people.

3 Daily complimentary full breakfast inclusive of one entrée (or standard breakfast buffet), juice and coffee (tax, gratuity and service charges included) will be provided to the member and each registered guest in the room, maximum four (4) people. For stays at Hyatt Regency Bethesda, daily continental breakfast (tax and gratuity included) will be provided to the member and each guest registered in the room, maximum four (4) people. Breakfast is not valid for in-room dining. Benefit not valid when staying at Hyatt Place properties, Hyatt House properties, or Hyatt Residence Club resorts.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
I actually do not like the club access perk for Diamond, so I usually try to stay in a Hyatt that does not have a club in order to get the full breakfast deal. I know this is easier to do in larger cities with multiple Hyatts to choose from (Chicago, Dallas, etc).

I recently stayed at a few Hyatt Places and was blown away by how good their free breakfasts have become! I remember when they just started the concept and it was lame, but they have improved drastically.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum

Thanks for the help.
Every Hyatt I've stayed in had allowed me to have the breakfast in the lounge, the restaurant, or room service. But I do think the rules are written loosely enough to allow each hotel to interpret as it wishes. Call ahead?
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by bdemaria
No, if there is a club and it is open, that is your diamond breakfast benefit. You aren't given a choice. At a property w/a club, there won't be any issue w/the # guests.
Not true. I've been to some Hyatt's that allowed Diamonds to eat in the club or restaurant, at their own discretion. Asia, mostly, so far.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Moral of the story ... as with any sort of policies, it is up to the hotel's discretion. For the hotel, look on here, look on TripAdvisor, and likely email/call ahead to find out what they offer. For your property, it appears that they do not offer the either/or option unless the club is closed for the weekend/Sundays, holidays, etc. If they are closed one or more days you plan to be there, you will receive a credit for that day in the restaurant. From all accounts, the club breakfast is quite disappointing and may have short windows of availability.

You will want to make sure that you have the exact number of people planned for each room on your reservation. From what I'm reading, it may be a bit of a tight squeeze to fit 8 people in a suite and a standard room. It may be worth looking at applying an upgrade award to the second room, if that is an option.

Last edited by jibi; Mar 8, 2014 at 10:42 am
Old Mar 8, 2014, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Not true. I've been to some Hyatt's that allowed Diamonds to eat in the club or restaurant, at their own discretion. Asia, mostly, so far.
A list of these Hyatts would be useful.

I've amended my post for clarity.

I've stayed a # of times at the Lost Pines - if the club is open, restaurant breakfast for 8 is *not* going to be offered.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bdemaria
A list of these Hyatts would be useful.

I've amended my post for clarity.

I've stayed a # of times at the Lost Pines - if the club is open, restaurant breakfast for 8 is *not* going to be offered.
In some cases you just need to ask. Ones that I've personally done:

Grand Hyatt Bali
Bali Hyatt (closed for remodeling)
Grand Hyatt Melbourne (Continental breakfast, full breakfast $15 extra, I think)
Hyatt on the Bund
Hyatt Regency Bandung
Hyatt Regency Jogjakarta
Grand Hyatt Bangkok

Ones that I've read do it, but haven't personally tried.

Grand Hyatt SIN
Old Mar 8, 2014, 5:59 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I'll add GH Hong Kong to the list - didn't know about BKK though.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Has anyone actually tested wether they can still access the lounge even if they opted for the full restaurant breakfast?
Old Mar 8, 2014, 7:06 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
People who read this thread might come to the mistaken conclusion that the guest can always choose breakfast in the club or in the restaurant. The HGP terms and conditions are quite clear. If a property offers breakfast in a club, you're not supposed to have a choice. If the hotel allows you to choose breakfast in the restaurant instead, it's an exception.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

The reason I am asking is one of my children has allergies to dairy and its very difficult to find them something to eat in the club, I asked the hotel will let you know what they say.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peteropny
I'll add GH Hong Kong to the list - didn't know about BKK though.
I got it last year for the first time, but did ask about it, so it might be a ymmv type situation.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The reason I am asking is one of my children has allergies to dairy and its very difficult to find them something to eat in the club, I asked the hotel will let you know what they say.
The Lost Pines is a very family friendly property and I'm sure they will figure out an accommodation for you. However, I don't think that will = comping breakfast for a group of 8 at their restaurant.

The breakfast at the Lost Pines club includes fruit, bagels, salmon, hard boiled eggs, pastries, cereal - w/the option of soy milk, and a hot item that varies from day to day (e.g., blintzes, waffles, sausage biscuit, etc..)

Last edited by bdemaria; Mar 8, 2014 at 10:20 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.