Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Diamond Best Upgrades You've Gotten.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Diamond Best Upgrades You've Gotten.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2014, 6:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Best Diamond suite upgrade: Manchester Grand Hyatt, San Diego. For four nights at a cheap rate when they were fully booked and in the middle of their renovations, I was given a huge Penthouse suite where I was the first person ever to stay in the room: entry way with nice powder room, huge living room with two sitting areas, dining table for six or eight, pantry/kitchen with separate entrance, dressing room, separate king bedroom with huge master bath, garden tub and separate rain shower stall, etc....and great views.

For my best Hyatt upgrade ever, a tie with a traditional corner suite at the (then Park) Hyatt at the Bellvue, Philadelphia, after I left a Hyatt in NJ due to major problems, including major renovations (involving closed lounge and restaurants, plus generally being forced to walk through an active construction zone, the details of which had not been fully disclosed when I had explicitly asked the property).

Also in the mix, as a Diamond repeat guest on a cheap weekend rate but not using a Diamond suite upgrade: HR Minneapolis, newly renovated premium suite on a top floor with view: two bathrooms, king bedroom with desk and sitting area, dining table for six, large living room with good entertainment system, espresso machine, wet bar with nice glassware, huge antique desk in study area with fax and an interesting collection of books, all furnished in their distinctive Frank Lloyd Wright style.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Feb 25, 2014 at 6:16 pm
Old Feb 25, 2014, 6:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I've been upgraded to suites on all most all my stays for the past 5 years... Excutive to presidential....But took the family to Orlando, grand cypress resort and they upgraded me to a 3 bedroom suite, with a terrace, view of all the fireworks, the kids loved it... Priceless quality family time! AAA breakfast rate of $143 a night, 9 nights, no suite upgrade used.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 6:55 pm

Programs: VA plat EY G+ RA Hyatt Diamond
Best Diamond upgrade was Sydney Park Hyatt on a free saturday night arrived at 7pm and was given the sub penthouse. Bulgari 1/2 six bath products 4 balconies.
shame I was by myself.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dionnec123
It sure does. I have stayed in two of them. One of them was basically a hospitality suite with a murphy bed. The one I am in now is very large. It is at the end of the hallway and has double doors leading into it. The website lists and shows pictures of one of the suites. Just not the one I am in.
Interesting. Guess that's the Presidential suite. Did you use a DSU to get it?

I was under the impression that they didn't have any -- I should request it in the future, so I don't get a corner King. Still would surprise me that this property belongs in this thread, but I guess as you say, you haven't been a diamond for long.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:47 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hobo13
Interesting. Guess that's the Presidential suite. Did you use a DSU to get it?

I was under the impression that they didn't have any -- I should request it in the future, so I don't get a corner King. Still would surprise me that this property belongs in this thread, but I guess as you say, you haven't been a diamond for long.

It is room 1021. They even stocked the fridge with beer/wine/soda and had snacks. I double-checked with the front desk and they said that they were complimentary. I did use the DSU and am on a local college rate of $89 for Sunday night and $129 for Monday and Tuesday. I've only used DSU's at Greenwich Hyatt in CT, Pittsburgh Airport Hyatt (not even a real suite) Grand Hyatt in NYC, and here twice. I will be using one next week at Hyatt Colorado Convention Center.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dionnec123
It is room 1021. They even stocked the fridge with beer/wine/soda and had snacks. I double-checked with the front desk and they said that they were complimentary. I did use the DSU and am on a local college rate of $89 for Sunday night and $129 for Monday and Tuesday. I've only used DSU's at Greenwich Hyatt in CT, Pittsburgh Airport Hyatt (not even a real suite) Grand Hyatt in NYC, and here twice. I will be using one next week at Hyatt Colorado Convention Center.
Interesting. I guess I've never lobbied very hard for suite, and never tried to use a DSU here. Maybe I'll try for it next time.

As for the rate -- on the weekends, HR DTC will sell a room to almost anyone. It can become party central.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:56 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport

Hyatt Regency San Francisco

Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
I've had some very large suite upgrades over time (most I can't remember what business property it was at)... but the best upgrade I ever received was a two nights credit card and seven nights points stay in Maldives and was given OW Villa 51. I'm Diamond but it wasn't a "Diamond (Cert) upgrade".
Old Mar 1, 2014, 12:19 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
HR Churchill: Royal Suite (booked standard room, 2nd Hyatt stay ever), part of Presidential Suite multiple times (it is 4 suites combined), Saatchi suite multiple times. Royal Suite is an entire wing so by far the biggest suite in the hotel.
GH Singapore: Presidential Suite (booked standard room)

Plenty of really nice Executive Suites, but that's not unusual.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 6:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by OZJET
Best Diamond upgrade was Sydney Park Hyatt on a free saturday night arrived at 7pm and was given the sub penthouse. Bulgari 1/2 six bath products 4 balconies.
shame I was by myself.
I thought PH Sydney doesn't even do DSUs?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by dlandz
I thought PH Sydney doesn't even do DSUs?

He was upgraded as a diamond member without using a certificate it seems.

For me:
PH Tokyo Ambassador Suite - only when my standard suite could not be cleaned off the smoke smell.

PH Buenos Aires - Executive Suite 3 level upgrade from a standard suite.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 8:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Looks like the Hyatt Regency San Francisco, not the airport. The suite needs some serious updating, very 70s/80s.

Originally Posted by Markie
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport

Hyatt Regency San Francisco

Old Mar 2, 2014, 8:44 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
Looks like the Hyatt Regency San Francisco, not the airport. The suite needs some serious updating, very 70s/80s.
The first 2 are labeled as the airport and the last 2 as embacadero. It's pretty clear that the living room furniture in pictures 1 and 3 are from different rooms so I would think they're labeled correctly. FWIW, I know that Markie got very nice suite upgrades at both properties during 1 trip around September 2013.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
I've been upgraded to suites on all most all my stays for the past 5 years... Excutive to presidential....But took the family to Orlando, grand cypress resort and they upgraded me to a 3 bedroom suite, with a terrace, view of all the fireworks, the kids loved it... Priceless quality family time! AAA breakfast rate of $143 a night, 9 nights, no suite upgrade used.
Did you know beforehand you would be upgraded or did it come as a surprise every time you checked in?

So far, I've only been upgraded on half my number of stays.

I'm sure good looks must have helped or maybe it's the british accent but in any case let us know how we can increase our chances.
Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2014, 11:26 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
First two pics are the airport, the second two are Embarcadero.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.