Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Sanya Sunny Bay Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2014, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Can anyone advise when this property is suppose to open and where I can find more detail information than what is currently on Hyatt's website?
Old Feb 9, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Where is that?
Old Feb 9, 2014, 12:42 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Good Afternoon kmcbrid2,

Thank you for expressing interest in the Park Hyatt Sanya Sunny Bay! At this time we do not have a tentative opening date and we are not taking reservations just yet. We have it slotted for some time in 2014, but we do not have any more specific estimates at this time.

Safe travels,

Evan V
Old Feb 9, 2014, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by suite2suite
Where is that?
In Sanya, China. Looks like a huge development which includes Andaz and Park Hyatt, amongst other buildings.

http://www.sanyaweb.com/sanya/park-h...sunny-bay.html
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
. We have it slotted for some time in 2014, but we do not have any more specific estimates at this time.
Wow I would expect to have a tentative opening date since we are already in 2014.

Originally Posted by suite2suite
Where is that?
it is located on Hainan Island in China which is close to Vietnam.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
Any update on the opening date?

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Good Afternoon kmcbrid2,

Thank you for expressing interest in the Park Hyatt Sanya Sunny Bay! At this time we do not have a tentative opening date and we are not taking reservations just yet. We have it slotted for some time in 2014, but we do not have any more specific estimates at this time.

Safe travels,

Evan V
Old Dec 29, 2014, 3:47 am

Looks like it's accepting stays from Feb 15, 2015, and beyond.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Anyone planning on staying here? According to a couple of news sources it opened! Seems like a decent property. Though SE Asia has better beaches
Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
The property is now open - or at least part of it is. This story indicates the spa is due to open late 2015.

http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/ne...hainan-island/
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:20 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Looks like a fantastic property!
Old May 10, 2015, 12:36 pm

Weekend Stay at Park Hyatt Sanya

In a word...stunning. I cannot say enough about this property...wow, impressive, one of the best Hyatts I have ever stayed at.

Got into Sanya on a delayed flight at 11:00am. Took a taxi (CNY 180) from Phoenix Airport to the hotel. It is about 40 minutes away with no traffic. The last 2 km drive is a breathtaking view, winding alongside the hill/mountain down to Sunny Bay. There are a lot of pricey residential developments along this stretch, and the Park Hyatt (and in the future, an Andaz) is at the end of the road.

The Park Hyatt is a MASSIVE property, but does an excellent job to keep the whole environment very serene and quiet. Perhaps it was because the property was still in its soft-opening phase, so it was not very crowded. In fact, during the day time, I could see no more than 10 people using the 115m (yes, that long) outdoor pool, and I was the only one lounging around in the Bath House and indoor pool.

I used a DSU to upgrade to a suite, and it was well worth it. 125 sq m of sheer luxury. The photos on the website accurately depict the suite. I am a Diamond member, and although I took the 1000 points Diamond Amenity, a bowl of fruits (eight different varieties) and a bottle of wine was also in the room when I checked in. There was also a Nespresso machine and JING tea (my favorite brand).

The people are what make this hotel shine. English proficiency could be slightly better for some staff, but this is really a minor issue. By the evening of the FIRST DAY, the servers in the restaurants (both the Pool House and the Dining Room) could address me by name already. I don't know how they do this because it was my first time dining in the Pool House during the first evening, and when I walked in, they already knew my name. I think they must have morning briefs about Diamond guests who check in. Or, maybe it was because I had lunch in the Dining Room, and one of the servers recognized me over at the Pool House?

I had breakfast at Dining Room the next morning, and made my usual order of Earl Grey tea and orange juice. On the second morning, the server had remembered this preference already and had automatically asked whether I would like the same. She had also reserved the same table for me which I had sat at the previous morning, AND had also removed the cushion on the seatback (it was too bulky for me, so I had just placed it on another chair the first morning). These little things are what is so memorable for me.

Food prices at the hotel, for such calibre, are reasonable. For example, Hot & Sour Seafood Soup for CNY 60. A burger for CNY 110. Club sandwich is similar. I think Penne Pasta was CNY 80. Pizzas ranged from CNY 110 - 160. Also a good selection of Chinese cuisine. Buffet breakfast had a good assortment of Chinese and Western dishes. All food was very good.

I had wanted to try the Tea House, but it was closed during the duration of my stay.

The Front Office Manager, Mr. Harrison Lu, was EXCELLENT and proactive in his service. On the morning of checkout, he found me having breakfast, and offered me a late checkout of 6pm (beyond the 4pm for Diamonds) since he knew that my evening flight was not until 9:30pm. Excellent, and totally unexpected. I was planning to checkout at 4pm and then hang around the hotel, but I ended up enjoying my suite for a few hours more.

The hotel can book third-party transportation back to the Airport, at a rate of CNY 150.

I have already booked returns to the Park Hyatt Sanya for July and Sep of this year. Can't wait to go back.

It truly is a wonderful and stunning property to enjoy.
Old May 10, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Fly Me To The Moon, thanks for your wonderful trip report.

Would you remember what brand of bathroom amenities they have for the rooms?
Old May 10, 2015, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by lululee
Fly Me To The Moon, thanks for your wonderful trip report.

Would you remember what brand of bathroom amenities they have for the rooms?
Le Labo Bergamote 22 series are used as bathroom amenities. And Park Suite is set up by larger size with 90 ml.

Park Villa and SPA Villa are not opened by far.
Old May 10, 2015, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Does the hotel have access to the beach? If yes, how was the beach?

Can you comment on the club, how was the selection?

Last edited by kmcbrid2; May 10, 2015 at 10:09 pm
Old May 11, 2015, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
Does the hotel have access to the beach? If yes, how was the beach?

Can you comment on the club, how was the selection?
The beach belongs to a part of public area, and it is shared with PH, ANdAZ only. In fact, this is the only private beach around Sanya, Hainan, China.

Meanwhile, the beach is very clean because of limited access for public. As Sunny Bay is a part of Yalong Bay, swimming there is possible. Besides, Baifu Bay is the best place for snorkeling around Sanya and just located in the other side of Sunny Bay. And it is private for PH and ANdAZ guest only but not open so far.

However, more work to do to make it better. Few photos taken from there in March.

The beach in front of ANdAZ seems far more better.

Like most of Park Hyatt properties, no club is set. But HGP Diamond members can enjoy in-room breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.