Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

If I booked 3 nights at a Hyatt as a Platinum member

Old Jan 17, 14, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

but my wife is a diamond and she will be accompanying me on the trip as a guest in the room, will we have any trouble adding her name to the reservation and having her check in as a Diamond to receive the benefits? Even though the reservation was book under a platinum account?
Old Jan 17, 14, 12:50 pm

never had a problem but once the property updated folio with diamond number at checkin that changed the name and created complications with expensing... not sure is this is a issue for you
Old Jan 17, 14, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Is there anything else I should do in order to take advantage of her diamond status? Thanks for the help
Old Jan 17, 14, 8:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by voisinator View Post
but my wife is a diamond and she will be accompanying me on the trip as a guest in the room, will we have any trouble adding her name to the reservation and having her check in as a Diamond to receive the benefits? Even though the reservation was book under a platinum account?
In my experience, as long as the diamond member is listed on the reservation (and present at check in); diamond benefits will be extended.
Old Jan 17, 14, 9:36 pm
Community Director

Call in advance and have her name and number added to the booking. The booking is then held by both your name and hers.
Old Jan 18, 14, 8:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by voisinator View Post
Is there anything else I should do in order to take advantage of her diamond status? Thanks for the help
For peace of mind, you could change the reservation into your wife's name as primary reservation number with her HGP# listed on the reservation. List your name second on the reservation to ensure your ability to check-in. I'm assuming that the reservation made is not utilizing rewards.

At check out, ask the front desk to credit to the desired HGP#. Regardless of name, the HGP# listed shall be credited with the stay.
Old Jun 4, 14, 12:05 pm

Old post.
Got platinum status recently. I wanted to make an award stay for relative (I wont be checking-in). If reservation in my name with their name added as guest, will they receive platinum benefits?
Old Jun 5, 14, 8:51 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by AbeA View Post
Old post.
Got platinum status recently. I wanted to make an award stay for relative (I wont be checking-in). If reservation in my name with their name added as guest, will they receive platinum benefits?
Technically against the rules - platinum perks on award stay really is only free internet - better to just issue the award booking directly in their name (need to call in can't do it online).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: