Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
Effective 7 Jan 2014, Hyatt Gold Passport offers bookings for a combination of points and cash for standard rooms. The points required are half of the points required for an all-points reservation. The following is a list of the points required plus co-pay for the 8 categories.

Cat 1 2,500 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 2 4,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 3 6,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 4 7,500 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 5 10,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 6 12,500 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 7 15,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate
Cat 8 20,000 points (modified depending on peak/off-peak pricing) + 50% of Standard Rate

1) As of November 2015, these rates can be booked online. In some cases, using a corporate code may cause them not to be shown.

2) Availability is determined by the property; some properties almost always have availability, while other properties apparently never have.

3) Points are normally deducted at time of booking; cash portion is paid to the hotel at checkout.

4) If you cancel the reservation online, the points are usually but not always automatically re-credited; may be necessary to call/contact.

5) Only available for standard rooms, not for higher room categories, Club floor rooms, etc.

6) All elite tier benefits apply, and Diamond suite upgrades may be applied if available.

7) Stay and night credits are applicable for elite qualification and also for promotions; cash portion earns points as qualified hotel spend.

8) For non-US properties, the US dollar co-pay may be converted to the foreign currency at the time the reservation is made. Sometimes the conversion rate is set for the whole year, so may be more or less than the current exchange rate.

9) The cash co-pay is inclusive of taxes and "service" charges for properties that quote their rates as inclusive of T&S. If rates do not normally include T&S, the cash portion is subject to the T&S charges.
Print Wikipost

Points & Cash - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
My first P&C booking last week went pretty well. The 21% tax/service hurt a little, though. Plus lost another 3% in the hotels conversion from USD to IDR.

Diamond amenity, plus points on the cash booking credited correctly.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 1:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Has anyone tried combining P+C, and cash bookings under one booking utilizing one DSU?

I assume that this can be done, but I don't recall any reports posted. Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Has anyone tried combining P+C, and cash bookings under one booking utilizing one DSU?

I assume that this can be done, but I don't recall any reports posted. Thanks.
I didn't do this, but was told over the phone that it could be done, as P&C is treated like any other paid rate.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I didn't do this, but was told over the phone that it could be done, as P&C is treated like any other paid rate.
Great! Thanks!

Trying to collect enough points for 5 to 7 nights of P+C at the hotels we want to stay at seems daunting. This flexibility will help.

The Possibilities Promo will help as well.. no spring break travel this year, thus no Possibilities Bonuses..
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
thank you P&C

booked Carmel Highlands
daily rate $599.00

3 nights with taxes $570 w/diamond suite cert!
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:01 pm

I just called to check availability of Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach and was told that this particular property would not load P & C rooms until 30 days before. Anyone else had this response?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:41 am
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
Originally Posted by fishinggal
I just called to check availability of Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach and was told that this particular property would not load P & C rooms until 30 days before. Anyone else had this response?
Yes... same for the PH Maldivies.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, CC Gold, SPG Gold, AA Exec Platinum
Just booked Hyatt Regency HK and will be booking for GH Taiwan on C+P.
Just a few questions as it's my first time at a Hyatt property as well as booking C+P:

1) Do you guys call the Hotel directly to ask for upgrades etc?
2) Can you do it at the time of reserving C+P with the US line or are they purely for reservations?
3) How far ahead do you guys call the hotel? few weeks ahead? 1 month? 2 month?
Old Jan 16, 2014, 1:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Justtony
Just booked Hyatt Regency HK and will be booking for GH Taiwan on C+P.
Just a few questions as it's my first time at a Hyatt property as well as booking C+P:

1) Do you guys call the Hotel directly to ask for upgrades etc?
2) Can you do it at the time of reserving C+P with the US line or are they purely for reservations?
3) How far ahead do you guys call the hotel? few weeks ahead? 1 month? 2 month?
1) no, through reservations
2) Since you are platinum your only chance for an upgrade is with points, but I don't believe P&C rates qualify for that, only rack rates do
3) You don't call the hotel for upgrades, if you want to try feel free. Your only chance of getting an upgrade is at check in. However, based on the two hotels you booked it's highly unlikely they will comp an upgrade to a platinum.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 3:31 am

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Called on 7 January and had no issues changing a points stay to a P&C stay at the Park Hyatt Sydney in early April. I was mildly disappointed to see the room type change from a City Harbour King to a Park King, but from what I've read, they don't utilize the Park King rooms unless they really have to.

Also booked 2 P&C nights at the Andaz 5th in mid-March with no problems, as well as another night at the Hyatt Regency Toronto in April.

Really digging this benefit so far.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SeaRaptor
Called on 7 January and had no issues changing a points stay to a P&C stay at the Park Hyatt Sydney in early April.
Not sure when you are staying, but the most expensive Saturday in April was US $640.34 with the My Elite Rate. Most nights it's under US $500.

Park Hyatt Sydney is a cat 7, so you're paying 15,000 points and $300 for that same room.

Doesn't seem like the greatest use of points, but I'm glad you're happy.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
I made the swap because I'm going to be on a Diamond challenge at the time and want the nights to count. Should have mentioned that. =)

I honestly didn't look at the regular rates for the dates we will be there; they were running over $800 AUD when I was looking some months ago and made the booking on straight points. It's probably worth a check, though. Thanks for the reminder.

EDIT: Had another look; they want US $750 a night for the days we are scheduled to be in Sydney. I'm happy to save the $1350 and burn the points.

Last edited by SeaRaptor; Jan 16, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Old Jan 16, 2014, 3:19 pm

Used P&C for Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe in June for two nights. Original rate $439, paying $125+10,000 points.

However, the hotel charged too much to my card for a deposit - $231. Called Hyatt and apparently I was their first P&C reservation and the hotel didn't know how to handle it. They said they'd credit it but you might keep an eye out for your credit card bill after making the reservation.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, AA
I was wondering if I sandwiched a free night-on points- between two nights P&C, would it count as two stays?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Kugkai8
I was wondering if I sandwiched a free night-on points- between two nights P&C, would it count as two stays?
Not a chance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.