Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

My elite rate- MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OsakaWino
From the T&C:

1. My Elite Rate is valid for Platinum and Diamond members.

2. Non-transferrable.

3. For stays from January 7, 2014 through December 31, 2014.

4. 20% off the Hyatt Daily Rate for single or double occupancy.

4. Extra guests subject to additional charges.

5. Limited number of rooms allocated to this promotion.

From the FAQ:

My Elite Rate is an Eligible Rate; members earn points as well as credit toward elite tier status and promotions.

Other:

My Elite rate is eligible for use with Diamond suite upgrades, but not for point upgrades.

Availability varies widely. Some hotels seem to offer the My Elite Rate whenever the Hyatt Daily Rate is available for a standard room; others never seem to offer it.

If the My Elite Rate will not display on your mobile app, etc., type or paste ELITRT in the special offer code box.

The My Elite Rate will normally not display if you have selected a special rate such as AAA or Senior/AARP. However, you can display both the My Elite Rate and your selected special rate by typing or pasting ELITRT in the special offer code box.

Some hotels in Asia that have a different Hyatt Daily Rate for single and double occupancy have had an error in the My Elite Rate so that the discount is only applied to single occupancy. If you see a My Elite Rate that is discounted by less than 20% from the Hyatt Daily Rate for double occupancy, this is probably the cause. Contact HGP or the Concierge here on FT to have it corrected; local reservation centers in Asia cannot correct this.
Print Wikipost

My elite rate- MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
My understanding is that this myElite (along with P&C) are intended to be permanent. But I'm sure there was some pushback from properties so they've set a year end date to reevaluate the issue. There are lots of factors involved. Primary one is whether properties are willing to offer these rates regularly or do they mostly opt out (we would not want to see a situation where most properties opt out most of the time - that would be misleading advertisement on the availability of these rates). I'm sure properties will look at it from the standpoint of occupancy and ADR - whether or not offering these rates increase occupancy / revenue (could make sense if it lowers the unauthorized usage of corporate codes etc.). One possibility is that going forward, they restrict myElite to Diamonds only since Platinum is very easy to get, feature of the credit card - no stays required.
HGP program features seems to change year to year after feedback and contemplation. The loss of the HGP points suite upgrade for up to 4 nights, is now replaced with a rate that is designed to fill regular hotel rooms. The points redemptions are geared towards this feature as well.

Probably as Hyatt expands the number of properties they manage, the matter of filling up regular hotel rooms becomes higher priority. MER rate is an actual perk for HGP elite members, just edging out the AAA rate that is widely available.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:01 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I am a DIA member and I am planning to travel this summer to Istanbul with my family (wife+4 kids) and booking three rooms for us in Park Hyatt Istanbul for eight nights.

I saw that Park Hyatt does offer the elite rate for that period. However, you can book only two room in one booking confirmation only.

Is it possible to book the three rooms using elite rate for all the three rooms with each room in a separate booking but all under my name?

Will the three rooms get the DIA benefits like free breakfast and possible room upgrades and free internet?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The MER is supposed to be used for only one room..... When I had a booked earlier in the year and booked two rooms using the MER one of the properties pointed that out to me a few days after the reservation was made.

So you might get away with it, or you might not. It would be an expensive lesson to find it out when you are actually there. Some properties offer a family plan where the second (and maybe third?) room can be booked with a fairly substantially discount like 50% off.

And getting Diamond amentities extended to two other rooms is pushing it. It's up to the property, but again it's only offered for the room you as a Diamond are staying in. Most properties do extend it to a second room, although some don't.
Old May 16, 2014, 5:04 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
But if their wording is correct (which I doubt), it is limited to either a desktop or laptop computer, which would mean that is is also not possible to book using a tablet computer, even if running a full browser, which seems ridiculous.
Elite rate booked today at Grand Hyatt for May 26 stay using Dell Tablet.
Old May 16, 2014, 5:12 pm

Using Elite Rate and DSU

Asia call center refused to apply DSU award on MER reservation request. Said it can only be used with the higher Daily Rate.
Old May 16, 2014, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by markivmil
Asia call center refused to apply DSU award on MER reservation request. Said it can only be used with the higher Daily Rate.
Frankly this is incorrect. I have used a DSU with MER without issue.
Old May 16, 2014, 9:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by pickles1107
Frankly this is incorrect. I have used a DSU with MER without issue.
Same here.
Old May 16, 2014, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Elite rate booked today at Grand Hyatt for May 26 stay using Dell Tablet.
Gosh, you might want to be a little more specific about WHICH GH you booked.
Old May 16, 2014, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I'd just call the US number. If you're out of the country, Skype is free.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Gosh, you might want to be a little more specific about WHICH GH you booked.
It was the GH in Mumbai, India. (Sorry for the late response, just got back to USA.)
It was an excellent stay with club benefits, late checkout, airport transportation.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 2:22 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold, Global Entry,
I was booking a room at the Hyatt Place at the Cincinnati airport for an upcoming trip. When I looked at a 2 night stay, I didn't get a "My Elite Rate," but when I added a night for a 3 night stay it showed up. Is it common to have a 3 day min or is this just another hyatt website gremlin?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 7:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's a property that determines what rates are available, same with the MER...
Old Jun 9, 2014, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by XCstud
I was booking a room at the Hyatt Place at the Cincinnati airport for an upcoming trip. When I looked at a 2 night stay, I didn't get a "My Elite Rate," but when I added a night for a 3 night stay it showed up. Is it common to have a 3 day min or is this just another hyatt website gremlin?
Take what you can get. If you only want two nights, book the three night package that comes with the MER, then call in and have it modified to two.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
The Elite Rate was great when it was rolled out, but it seems NEVER to be available anymore on stays I looking at.... I mean NEVER available....
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by cliburn
The Elite Rate was great when it was rolled out, but it seems NEVER to be available anymore on stays I looking at.... I mean NEVER available....
That is - unfortunately - very true

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.