Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

SOS... ineligible rate for diamond?

Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonor Gold, Hertz President's Circle

I have 24 stays this year, and booked and checked in at a Hyatt Place yesterday. The reservation was made with code 14425, which showed up as "Guar Partner Package". This is supposed to my 25th stay to requalify diamond.

I asked the front desk lady if I can pay with a Hyatt GC. She told me to leave the GC there and come back in half a hour, as she needed to call a number to charge to a GC.

Today after I returned home, I noticed on the folio that "eligible night: 0".

I emailed Hyatt customer service, and received a response in a few minute: "your stay was booked at a wholesale rate and therefore is not eligible for Gold Passport points". I asked for a courtesy to count this as my 25th night to renew diamond, but getting robotic response: "this reservation was booked at an ineligible rate".

Anything else I could do at this point?
Old Dec 26, 2013, 9:32 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Ask them to please re-price it at an eligible rate ... and pay the difference in price.
Originally Posted by epicurus
I emailed Hyatt customer service, and received a response in a few minute: "your stay was booked at a wholesale rate and therefore is not eligible for Gold Passport points". I asked for a courtesy to count this as my 25th night to renew diamond, but getting robotic response: "this reservation was booked at an ineligible rate".

Anything else I could do at this point?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
Ask them to please re-price it at an eligible rate ... and pay the difference in price.
Best advice... you clearly booked a discounted rate you were really not entitled to, so why would you expect some courtesy? Pay up if you want the stay credit.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:49 am

I would have just paid the daily rate instead of complicating things by using a GC and a discount code. Good luck sorting this out with the inexperienced staff of a HP.

It might be easier just to do an extra stay somewhere before 12/31.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonor Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Thanks for being the moral coach, the earth would stop spinning without you

Originally Posted by RTW1

Best advice... you clearly booked a discounted rate you were really not entitled to, so why would you expect some courtesy? Pay up if you want the stay credit.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

update

Finally sort everything out...

The email CSRs are robotic and cold, no matter what I said (including offering to pay the rate difference), same response that I used an ineligible rate.

I called diamond desk today-an agent named Sharon was super helpful. She did see the note on "ineligible rate", but told me only priceline and certain travel agents' bulk prepaid purchase are ineligible. All retail bookings through hyatt.com should have no problem. She openned a case for this, reached out to the property management for clarification (and sympathy), and promised to give me an update by the time she took off today.

At 5+ pm, she informed me via email that property management doesn't know why it says "ineligible", and transferred the investigation to front desk manager, who promised to get back in one hour. 640pm, I got a call from her that the property would gladly honor this as an eligible stay, with all the points from the room as well as from my lunch. An email confirmation of our conversation followed shortly after.

Thank you, Sharon!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:58 am

ack, same thing is happening to me and it seems like they are pretty strict about it and keep repeating that this reservation isnt booked thru Hyatt.com but rather a 3rd party.

Originally Posted by epicurus
Finally sort everything out...

The email CSRs are robotic and cold, no matter what I said (including offering to pay the rate difference), same response that I used an ineligible rate.

I called diamond desk today-an agent named Sharon was super helpful. She did see the note on "ineligible rate", but told me only priceline and certain travel agents' bulk prepaid purchase are ineligible. All retail bookings through hyatt.com should have no problem. She openned a case for this, reached out to the property management for clarification (and sympathy), and promised to give me an update by the time she took off today.

At 5+ pm, she informed me via email that property management doesn't know why it says "ineligible", and transferred the investigation to front desk manager, who promised to get back in one hour. 640pm, I got a call from her that the property would gladly honor this as an eligible stay, with all the points from the room as well as from my lunch. An email confirmation of our conversation followed shortly after.

Thank you, Sharon!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.