FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Peninsula Papagayo (Costa Rica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1533742-andaz-peninsula-papagayo-costa-rica-review-master-thread.html)

sydfan Jan 1, 2020 9:33 pm

Dive Bar - Happy Hour

Can anyone who has recently stayed at the Andaz and gone to the Dive Bar at the Marina for dinner or drinks confirm that they still have a happy hour?? Half off drinks and Half off one dinner menu per day?? We are going in a month, and I hope they still do, but I think I saw somewhere (maybe Travelocity) that they no longer do?? I really hope they do!!

Thanks,
Mike

TommyboyCAN Jan 2, 2020 7:53 am

Originally Posted by sydfan (Post 31898463)
Can anyone who has recently stayed at the Andaz and gone to the Dive Bar at the Marina for dinner or drinks confirm that they still have a happy hour?? Half off drinks and Half off one dinner menu per day?? We are going in a month, and I hope they still do, but I think I saw somewhere (maybe Travelocity) that they no longer do?? I really hope they do!!

Thanks,
Mike

Still do as of beginning of December.

bcosinteno Jan 2, 2020 8:02 pm

Here on our third stay and love this property as much now as we did three years ago. One interesting thing to note is that an Andaz Residences Sales Office is now open adjacent to the lobby. After speaking with Adam, they are beginning pre-sales for Andaz Branded Residences with construction set to begin this spring. There will be five buildings with five to eight units per building (up the hill from the resort) which will all be two and three bedroom. The owners will have the option of Andaz managing their units when they're not here. The residences, and guests renting the reside4nces, will have full access to the resort and amenities.

Matt4200 Feb 15, 2020 11:04 am

Was looking at reservations and the hotel has a pop up message noting from 12/21 until 1/1 Reservations have a minimum stay requirement (guessing a week).

But on two other notes -

This Property is going up in its category will be a Cat 6 as of 3/22 so if you think you may want to stay here book soon.

Next -

What are the chances we get upgraded beyond the base Suite? We booked months ago with a TSU and confirmed it with the hotel, Globalist Concierge noted with them it is a Honeymoon stay (in case there are any additional things they do, most nicer properties do). Assuming one is available on our dates would they likely upgrade us?

I’ve read here people have been upgraded beyond the Standard Suite without using a TSU (of course it depends on the dates and how full they are). So we were just wondering if we should get our hopes up.

TimesTwo Feb 18, 2020 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by vivrant (Post 31790817)
I was able to email them and get this $25pp breakfast added to our upcoming stay.
We will be staying here for seven nights over Christmas with our two kids. Looking forward it!
btw, my daughter has a passport that expires March 2020 - will Costa Rica allow her entry if her return ticket shows Dec 27 2019?

EDIT: Hyatt is currently offering 10% off of GC's so I picked up about $1500 worth to pay for meals, excursions, etc. More details here but fwiw the code did not work on a $2000 cert, but it worked fine on a $1000 GC.

What room were you in with two kids or did you need a second, adjoining room? Thanks!

vivrant Feb 18, 2020 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by TimesTwo (Post 32087597)
What room were you in with two kids or did you need a second, adjoining room? Thanks!

we were in room 122 which had two Queens beds. lovely resort, enjoy your stay and take advantage of ALL of the activities they offer.

TimesTwo Feb 19, 2020 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by vivrant (Post 32087612)
we were in room 122 which had two Queens beds. lovely resort, enjoy your stay and take advantage of ALL of the activities they offer.

Thanks!

Matt4200 Mar 28, 2020 11:45 pm

Does anyone know for Andaz Papagayo on the Member Advance Purchase rates if they charge the card right away? I’ve read some Latin American properties offer those rates to lock people in to specific dates but won’t actually charge the card until check in. Just wondering if Andaz Papagayo is one of them.

Looking for a stay for November :)

mizzou miles Oct 25, 2020 2:53 pm

Anyone know (I'm sure someone does!) if the rooms (suites in particular) are reachable via an exterior corridor? They look almost like bungalows - just wondering if you can move to/from rooms without going thru a hallway, taking an elevator etc. The new ugly reality, I guess. ugh. Thanks!

vivrant Oct 25, 2020 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by mizzou miles (Post 32772311)
Anyone know (I'm sure someone does!) if the rooms (suites in particular) are reachable via an exterior corridor? They look almost like bungalows - just wondering if you can move to/from rooms without going thru a hallway, taking an elevator etc. The new ugly reality, I guess. ugh. Thanks!

Yes, at least our room was such that all rooms exited to a hallway that was open air. And then one flight down also open air to the walkway to get to/from all other points on the resort. There are really very few places in the resort that are fully enclosed. The kids club is but has open air areas as well.

ashley1245 Nov 9, 2020 9:48 pm

Any recent stays? Is the breakfast still buffet style? Thanks!

TommyboyCAN Nov 10, 2020 6:31 am

Originally Posted by ashley1245 (Post 32809045)
Any recent stays? Is the breakfast still buffet style? Thanks!

They haven't been open, re-opening Nov 14.

rrrrrich Nov 10, 2020 6:38 pm

Has anyone stayed in the Andes Large Suite? I’ve a stay booked next summer and interested on thoughts.

TommyboyCAN Nov 15, 2020 6:33 am

Would love to hear from any members who are out there for the re-opening. Most curious about how they are actually handling things like: Breakfast, Kids club, other meals, activities, peninsula bikes, etc.

Keep safe out there!

martinplas Nov 15, 2020 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by rrrrrich (Post 32811255)
Has anyone stayed in the Andes Large Suite? I’ve a stay booked next summer and interested on thoughts.

I Stayed in that suite when I was there three years ago. Request the suite on the second floor so you have bay view vs. the ground floor which is below the tree canopy. Monkeys go by in the morning And are fun to watch.
We were in the building right next to the main swimming pool and the main restaurant where breakfast is served which was very convenient. We never once went to the swimming pool because having our own plunge pool overlooking the bay was all we ever needed