Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport Endless Possibilities Promotion (1/15-4/30/14 reg opens 1/9/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport Endless Possibilities Promotion (1/15-4/30/14 reg opens 1/9/14)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2013, 4:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
What a pleasant surprise...
Old Dec 18, 2013, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Cat 4 is rubbish. At least a Cat 5 they could shell out.
Why should they? If you want to redeem at higher category properties, choose the bonus points instead. There is no free lunch.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Anybody know any particularly cheap Hyatts for potential mattress runs or holiday ideas?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Anybody know any particularly cheap Hyatts for potential mattress runs or holiday ideas?
Suburban Chicago and Suburban Washington DC out by IAD on the weekends are in the $60+tax range for Hyatt Place.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 7:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Bad timing for me. I've got 4 nights booked in Jan before the 15th and then 13 nights in May. I'll be lucky to get 10 nights during the promo.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
This was unexpected. Thx, I can top off the account.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 9:00 am

Very meh in my opinion. I mean, there is no real value here, other than a small bonus for stuff you were going to do anyway. For me, the main point of promos is to generate extra value to the customer that incentivizes more stays. EVEN IF I could spend $50 all in per night, it is still $250 for 1 category 4 night. I mean, I am generally, with few exceptions, better off spending the money and paying for a stay, and getting points/stay/night credit, rather than getting the free night. Most category 4 hotels are 250 or less, so there is no real value here unless you were already going to stay 5 nights and are getting it as a bonus. This says nothing for how worthless 5k points are for 5 nights stayed.

Man, people clamor for FFN to return, and eventually we get this? I get the argument that you don't want to give people a top category night for 2 nights in a lower category hotel (I get it, but completely disagree with the logic and the argument). This however, is pitiful. You add a 7th category, then give only up to a measly category 4 after FIVE nights? Jeez. If it was say, 3 nights, I would be A LOT more interested...it would create value for me, and drive me to spend some more money at Hyatt and would still drive business to Hyatt. This though? No thanks. Quite pathetic. The same promo as last quarter, with a pitiful little attachment.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 10:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I'm staying 22 nights in Hyatts over Christmas/New Years. I guess these promos are designed for non-high season.

Good promo. Everyone should sign up if they have reservations during this period already.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Originally Posted by antonius66
Very meh in my opinion. I mean, there is no real value here, other than a small bonus for stuff you were going to do anyway. For me, the main point of promos is to generate extra value to the customer that incentivizes more stays. EVEN IF I could spend $50 all in per night, it is still $250 for 1 category 4 night. I mean, I am generally, with few exceptions, better off spending the money and paying for a stay, and getting points/stay/night credit, rather than getting the free night. Most category 4 hotels are 250 or less, so there is no real value here unless you were already going to stay 5 nights and are getting it as a bonus. This says nothing for how worthless 5k points are for 5 nights stayed.

Man, people clamor for FFN to return, and eventually we get this? I get the argument that you don't want to give people a top category night for 2 nights in a lower category hotel (I get it, but completely disagree with the logic and the argument). This however, is pitiful. You add a 7th category, then give only up to a measly category 4 after FIVE nights? Jeez. If it was say, 3 nights, I would be A LOT more interested...it would create value for me, and drive me to spend some more money at Hyatt and would still drive business to Hyatt. This though? No thanks. Quite pathetic. The same promo as last quarter, with a pitiful little attachment.
You hit the nail on the head, IMO. This only benefits FT's who already were going to stay with Hyatt, promo or not. Does not motivate me to book any extra nights with them. And the category 4 or less restriction is a joke. Even with FFN, I had trouble using the free nights because often, the rates were already so cheap. Now, a category 4 or less restriction? No thanks.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 12:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by fishy21
This only benefits FT's who already were going to stay with Hyatt, promo or not.
Any promo is better than no promo.... and for most of us that will be staying some nights with Hyatt anyway this will surely have an impacht on other reservations.

I wouldn't go out of my way to stay 20nights if I had nothing planned, or go for any of those first 5nights. But I had 10+ already planned, so that 15 or 20 level might make me stay a little more.

The free nights doesn't seem as attractive. Cat 4 and only valid for a few months.... Bonus points make a lot more sense to me. But that's because I'm aiming for the 15k bonus at least.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 12:12 pm

Great promotion.

Thank you !
Old Dec 18, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
The points+cash option counts as an eligible stay. It would also count towards the promotion.
Safe travels,Nick B.
This really has the potential to make it a lucrative promo, depending upon whether C&P turns out to be readily available at some of the properties where I have points-only stays booked.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB

Not bad. Can the free nights be upgraded to club or suites using points or certs ?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by antonius66
Ignoring the old FFN... just compare it to MegaBonus, which has a similar category limit (I'd argue that Hyatt Cat 4 is pretty similar to Marriott Cat 5). Hyatt requires 5 stays, Marriott requires 2.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 2:37 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by banzani
Not bad. Can the free nights be upgraded to club or suites using points or certs ?
No

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.