Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Times Square REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2015, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by:
Diamond Benefits:
  • No Regency Club; breakfast entrees on the menu at T45
    • Last reported as $34 per person, up to 4 persons.
    • Room service is available as part of the benefit.
  • Amenities (choice of one, as of 3/19/2015)
    • 1,000 points
    • 25-minute massage at the spa
    • 2 drinks at the T54 rooftop bar

In general:
  • Parking
    • Valet: $64/night
    • Self: LOL
    • Street: LOLOL
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Centric Times Square REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:13 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it's false advertising to add a $25 "destination fee" (that includes nothing worthwhile or would be provided regardless) and not include it in the room rate. Am strongly inclined to avoid this hotel for me and my friends just for that reason.

I am not seeing "destination fees" on the nearby Andaz 5th Ave, which includes the free minibar in their room rate. I do see the GH on 42nd st adding it. Maybe it's just the crappy NYC Hyatts that have this fee.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
The HR and GH in San Francisco have also been charging it. With no notable service improvements, of course
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:58 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Originally Posted by yerffej201
is the "destination fee" waived for globalists?
Im not certain about all the properties but the NYGH does waive it. Hopefully its treated like the resort fee.
At the NYGH at least it includes $15 in purchases at the Market in the lobby.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I can confirm NYCGH waive the fee for Globs.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:31 pm

I had an excellent 4 night stay at this hotel. As a globalist they proactively upgraded us to a executive suite in 41st floor with amazing views and offered 4pm checkout without prompting. The room had amazing gifts and decorations for my wife's birthday it was very thoughtful. For breakfast we did room service each morning. The front desk agent mentioned the limit was around $75. We went over that sometimes by a little and sometimes by a lot and no breakfast charges ever showed up on the folio. Similarly, no destination fees ever posted to the folio. This was on a paid stay. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Only downsides were the carpet and some furniture is showing a bit of wear, but overall it's not a deterrent and is still an amazing room and view.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by slm9555
I had an excellent 4 night stay at this hotel. As a globalist they proactively upgraded us to a executive suite in 41st floor with amazing views and offered 4pm checkout without prompting. The room had amazing gifts and decorations for my wife's birthday it was very thoughtful. For breakfast we did room service each morning. The front desk agent mentioned the limit was around $75. We went over that sometimes by a little and sometimes by a lot and no breakfast charges ever showed up on the folio. Similarly, no destination fees ever posted to the folio. This was on a paid stay. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Only downsides were the carpet and some furniture is showing a bit of wear, but overall it's not a deterrent and is still an amazing room and view.
Sounds pretty amazing and nothing like my last stay here!
Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Has anyone stayed here for NYE? Can’t afford the $1k ticket price for the rooftop party (plus will have kid with us) but would like to see festivities from inside the hotel. Using points and not sure they will upgrade to view room. Any other options?
Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Has anyone stayed here for NYE? Can’t afford the $1k ticket price for the rooftop party (plus will have kid with us) but would like to see festivities from inside the hotel. Using points and not sure they will upgrade to view room. Any other options?
The views of Time Square are very limited and obstructed from every room I’ve stayed at in this hotel. More of “peekaboo” than anything else.... would not advise staying here for NYE. Marriott Marquis would be optimal choice....

Old Aug 29, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by lighthouse206

The views of Time Square are very limited and obstructed from every room I’ve stayed at in this hotel. More of “peekaboo” than anything else.... would not advise staying here for NYE. Marriott Marquis would be optimal choice....

Bummer. Was wanting to use my Hyatt points.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:47 am

While not as good as the Marriott the high floor view rooms are decent. You wouldnt look right down on the square but you could see part of it.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
While not as good as the Marriott the high floor view rooms are decent. You wouldnt look right down on the square but you could see part of it.
A small part. Not ideal at all for watching the NYE festivities. Plus I think a lot of the corner rooms are suites (ones with more view of the square).
Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
A small part. Not ideal at all for watching the NYE festivities. Plus I think a lot of the corner rooms are suites (ones with more view of the square).
Important to note that this hotel does NOT actually sit on Times Square or even face Times Square.... it sits roughly a half block off of the square thus it has no windows which face directly in (as does, say the Marriott, which looms over Times Square). Even from the rooftop deck it's not a direct view...
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Another good stay here. Nothing super fancy about the hotel, restaurant was ok. UG to suite using a TSU - wished it was on higher floor but 20F will suffice. Standard 4pm check out honored. Breakfast pretty much could order whatever I wanted and it was taken off at checkout - food was ok but nice to have the ability to order anything I wanted. Just makes you feel better than any breakfast treatment at any of the Hilton's around.
ZBigFam likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: WN A-list, Hyatt Glob, HH DM, Marriott Plat
Which suite were you upgraded to? Does the door of the bedroom close? Is there a sofa bed in the living room?

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Another good stay here. Nothing super fancy about the hotel, restaurant was ok. UG to suite using a TSU - wished it was on higher floor but 20F will suffice. Standard 4pm check out honored. Breakfast pretty much could order whatever I wanted and it was taken off at checkout - food was ok but nice to have the ability to order anything I wanted. Just makes you feel better than any breakfast treatment at any of the Hilton's around.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flyersky1
Which suite were you upgraded to? Does the door of the bedroom close? Is there a sofa bed in the living room?
I got upgraded to a 1-bedroom view suite. The door of the bedroom closes and there's a small hallway to the living room and bathroom. I very much like the design as it's a true suite. The living room couch is not a sofa bed and would not be comfortable to sleep on. There's probably room for a rollaway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.