Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gift Card Discount for Hyatt Gold Passport members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2014, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
4th Quarter 2014 10% Discount Info

Purchase Link:
www.hyattgiftcards.com
merchant.sgiftcard.com/chrome_mode/virtual/hyatt_us (beta)

Discount code:
GPGIFT14

What's the difference between the types that can be purchased?
Gift Cards and e-cards:
  • Can only be used at Hyatt hotels in the U.S., Canada and Caribbean.
  • Retain unused value across multiple transactions
  • Free e-delivery or free USPS shipping (or paid Fedex)
Gift Checks:
  • Can be used at Hyatt hotels globally. International use is applied using hotel's currency conversion rate.
  • Can only be used for a single transaction
  • Fedex shipping only

Expiration Info
  • The discount for purchasing the cards expires at 11:59 pm CST on December 31, 2014 an undetermined time shortly after 12:00pm (noon) CST on Thursday, Jan. 1st, 2015.
  • Hyatt Gift Cards and Check Certificates purchased from Hyatt at www.hyattgiftcards.com do not expire. Details in this post.

Shipping Cost
  • eGift Card, digital delivery is free
  • Plastic cards, USPS delivery is free. Fedex delivery available for a fee.
  • Gift checks, only Fedex delivery (for a fee).

Purchase Limits
  • $2000 per gift card
  • $10000 per purchaser, per day
  • No overall cap for purchases spread across multiple days

Available amounts:
Purchase amount must be between $10 and $2000 in increments of $5.

Purchase bonuses
  • 5% rebate for Amex OPEN? YES
  • 3x points using Chase Hyatt card? YES
  • 2x points using Chase Southwest card? YES
  • 2x points using Chase Sapphire Preferred? YES
  • 2x points using Chase Ink Bold for hotel spend? YES
  • Barclays Arrival bonus for travel spend? NO
    Costco Amex travel rebate NO
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Gift Card Discount for Hyatt Gold Passport members

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2015, 1:27 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by ToddHyattGoldPassport
FT'ers,

I wanted to drop a note to say THANK YOU! It has been wonderful working with you all over the past 4 years either on the Hyatt Gold Passport team, or most recently with Hyatt Gift Cards and Certificates. I'm moving on from Hyatt (still in the "industry") at the end of this week. While the Hyatt team will still be monitoring threads specific to Hyatt Gift Cards and Certificates, I encourage you to e-mail [email protected] for any questions or guest service related needs for Hyatt Gift Cards and Certificates.

Safe Travels,
Todd Tomlin
(Former) Director - Hyatt Gift Cards and Certificates
Good luck with your move.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 4:35 pm

FT'ers,

I wanted to drop a note to say THANK YOU! It has been wonderful working with you all over the past 4 years either on the Hyatt Gold Passport team, or most recently with Hyatt Gift Cards and Certificates. I'm moving on from Hyatt (still in the "industry") at the end of this week. While the Hyatt team will still be monitoring threads specific to Hyatt Gift Cards and Certificates, I encourage you to e-mail [email protected] for any questions or guest service related needs for Hyatt Gift Cards and Certificates.

Safe Travels,
Todd Tomlin
Good luck and Thank you!
Old Jun 8, 2015, 5:11 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
FT'ers,

Safe Travels,
Todd Tomlin
Good luck to you Todd!
Old Jun 8, 2015, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wish you all the best and thank you!
Old Jun 18, 2015, 6:54 am

Gift Cards

I just received a reply from the Hyatt Centric in Chicago that my gift cards AREN'T eligible to receive points. I read the first few pages of the thread and saw that they were eligible and saw in Hyatt's FAQ that they were but this is the response I got.

"Good Morning Mr. *****

I contacted Hyatt Gold Passport to inquire about the points for your stay.

Per Hyatt, a member is not eligible for points and tier if a Hyatt gift card or Hyatt check certificate are redeemed. However; you can earn points for the amount that is not covered by gift cards and check certificates.

If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know."

Has this changed?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I would call back. That is false. I use them all the time and earn points for my stay.

The purchase of gift cards usually does not earn points.

Note that Hyatt Centric just opened. The person who responded may be brand new and still learning about the program.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dhermsen
I just received a reply from the Hyatt Centric in Chicago that my gift cards AREN'T eligible to receive points. I read the first few pages of the thread and saw that they were eligible and saw in Hyatt's FAQ that they were but this is the response I got.

"Good Morning Mr. *****

I contacted Hyatt Gold Passport to inquire about the points for your stay.

Per Hyatt, a member is not eligible for points and tier if a Hyatt gift card or Hyatt check certificate are redeemed. However; you can earn points for the amount that is not covered by gift cards and check certificates.

If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know."

Has this changed?
Contact Customer Service. They should be able to help you out with missing points.

As the previous poster said though, using GCs still allows you to get points. I just used 1 a couple of weekends ago and I received my points.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 4:35 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
A stay paid with a Hyatt Gift Card will earn points, the same as if the stay was paid by cash or credit-card. I paid with a gift card on two different stays last week and they both posted as Stay Credits, flawlessly.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 6:18 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
A stay paid with a Hyatt Gift Card will earn points, the same as if the stay was paid by cash or credit-card. I paid with a gift card on two different stays last week and they both posted as Stay Credits, flawlessly.
Correct - the Gift Card / Cert is just a form of payment. Eligibility for points / stay credit depends only on the underlying reservation and not the form of payment.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I had an assistant manager at a property in Asia swear up and down that these certs got no points or stay credits. No points posted.

I had to end up going to corporate to get it sorted out. Pretty frustrating.

Unfortunately, I often find staff, even up to managers woefully unknowledgeable about all the Hyatt benefits. I recently had to refer a fairly long term manager to the Hyatt website as I was being refused lounge access for the total number of guests booked in a room. (Yes, it was under 4 guests)
Old Jun 24, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
For a variety of reasons, vacations we had booked in the US are now happening in Mexico this year.

So, I have $2,000+ Hyatt gift cards aquired in anticipation of these stays, that cannot be redeemed for our main trips.

Is there any kosher way to convert these to certificates? I'm assuming that using GCs to buy certificates is not allowed....

Would appreciate any replies or PMs with suggestions. TIA!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by DaveH
For a variety of reasons, vacations we had booked in the US are now happening in Mexico this year.

So, I have $2,000+ Hyatt gift cards aquired in anticipation of these stays, that cannot be redeemed for our main trips.

Is there any kosher way to convert these to certificates? I'm assuming that using GCs to buy certificates is not allowed....

Would appreciate any replies or PMs with suggestions. TIA!
Are the gift cards cash value cards or what?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Gold
Dave, you can exchange gift cards for check certificates that are good worldwide. Email [email protected]
Old Jun 26, 2015, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ttomlin
Dave, you can exchange gift cards for check certificates that are good worldwide. Email [email protected]
Be advised that the exchange rate that these are redeemed for are controlled by Hyatt. When I used check certificates at Andaz Tokyo, the exchange rate was about 10% worse than that of the local bank, all but negating the 10% discount that I purchased them at.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:10 pm

For the points that we earn when we use the gift cards/certs, are those base points that we're earning?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.