Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gift Card Discount for Hyatt Gold Passport members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2014, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
4th Quarter 2014 10% Discount Info

Purchase Link:
www.hyattgiftcards.com
merchant.sgiftcard.com/chrome_mode/virtual/hyatt_us (beta)

Discount code:
GPGIFT14

What's the difference between the types that can be purchased?
Gift Cards and e-cards:
  • Can only be used at Hyatt hotels in the U.S., Canada and Caribbean.
  • Retain unused value across multiple transactions
  • Free e-delivery or free USPS shipping (or paid Fedex)
Gift Checks:
  • Can be used at Hyatt hotels globally. International use is applied using hotel's currency conversion rate.
  • Can only be used for a single transaction
  • Fedex shipping only

Expiration Info
  • The discount for purchasing the cards expires at 11:59 pm CST on December 31, 2014 an undetermined time shortly after 12:00pm (noon) CST on Thursday, Jan. 1st, 2015.
  • Hyatt Gift Cards and Check Certificates purchased from Hyatt at www.hyattgiftcards.com do not expire. Details in this post.

Shipping Cost
  • eGift Card, digital delivery is free
  • Plastic cards, USPS delivery is free. Fedex delivery available for a fee.
  • Gift checks, only Fedex delivery (for a fee).

Purchase Limits
  • $2000 per gift card
  • $10000 per purchaser, per day
  • No overall cap for purchases spread across multiple days

Available amounts:
Purchase amount must be between $10 and $2000 in increments of $5.

Purchase bonuses
  • 5% rebate for Amex OPEN? YES
  • 3x points using Chase Hyatt card? YES
  • 2x points using Chase Southwest card? YES
  • 2x points using Chase Sapphire Preferred? YES
  • 2x points using Chase Ink Bold for hotel spend? YES
  • Barclays Arrival bonus for travel spend? NO
    Costco Amex travel rebate NO
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Gift Card Discount for Hyatt Gold Passport members

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
1 GC bought and once again FT is the best website ever.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:56 am
Company Rep - Hyatt Gift Cards & Hyatt Nights

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by suite2suite
Have the free shipping options been offered yet? No one I called today knew anything about it.
Originally Posted by Biggles209
I think that the "free shipping" refers to eGift Cards only
suite2suite - We anticipate going Live on our new Plastic Hyatt Gift Card eCommerce site tomorrow Friday. Nov. 13th. When Live, at www.hyattgiftcards.com, you will click on the Plastic Delivery link. There you will find Free Shipping (USPS delivery), as well as paid FedEx options. I will post again when this option is live.

If you didn't notice already as well, in the top right corner of www.hyattgiftcards.com there is now an online "Check Balance" feature. And coming in two weeks, we are redisigning the look and feel of www.hyattgiftcards.com altogether. FT'ers continued feedback on Hyatt Gift Cards and Certificates is welcome!

Todd
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:27 am

Is anyone seeing OPEN savings post for the e-gift cards?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:35 am

A bit frustrated with the eGift Card service. Bought an eGC yesterday night, and I have not received it yet. Called customer service, and they have no idea what is going on, telling me that they would call me back when they find out. Problem is, I wanted to pay for my stay with the eGC, and checkout is in a few hours. Not happy with the turnaround.

Edit: Literally after 10 minutes of posting this, I got the eGC. A bit more than 4 hours, but at least I got it!

Last edited by JunkDiver; Nov 13, 2014 at 10:41 am Reason: Update
Old Nov 13, 2014, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by JunkDiver
A bit frustrated with the eGift Card service. Bought an eGC yesterday night, and I have not received it yet. Called customer service, and they have no idea what is going on, telling me that they would call me back when they find out. Problem is, I wanted to pay for my stay with the eGC, and checkout is in a few hours. Not happy with the turnaround.

Edit: Literally after 10 minutes of posting this, I got the eGC. A bit more than 4 hours, but at least I got it!
JunkDiver - First off thank you for the purchase. Secondly, thank you for your patience. You were one of a handful of purchasers where the transaction got delayed. We have resolved the issue at the moment and continue to monitor to make sure cards are going out in a timely manner.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SportsTech
Missed this thread, and offer, until last night. Do I understand correctly: if I buy (2) $1000 certificates, and apply the offer code, I will only be charged $1,800? And if I buy them with my Hyatt Visa card, I will get points for the purchase? And I can use these certificates as cash for payment on checkout?

If all this is true, why wouldn't I purchase as much of this as I expect to spend with Hyatt in, say, the next 6-9 months? It sounds like (almost) free money. Am I missing something?
Money never expires, and can be used on almost any goods or services that can be purchased. If your travel plans fall through, you are not screwed with money, because money can be used to buy something else.

Hyatt gift cards have an expiration date, and can only be used within the confines of certain Hyatt hotels. If, for any reason, you cannot use them before they expire, they become useless.

Money is always worth more than gift cards. The 10% discount results in a slight reduction of risk, but it is not "free money".
Old Nov 13, 2014, 3:43 pm

Anybody bought gift cards with Sapphire? Did you get the 2x hotel bonus? Trying to decide which card to use.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Money never expires, and can be used on almost any goods or services that can be purchased. If your travel plans fall through, you are not screwed with money, because money can be used to buy something else.

Hyatt gift cards have an expiration date, and can only be used within the confines of certain Hyatt hotels. If, for any reason, you cannot use them before they expire, they become useless.

Money is always worth more than gift cards. The 10% discount results in a slight reduction of risk, but it is not "free money".
Hyatt Gift Cards "do not" have an expiration date but Certificates "do".
Perhaps you have a different type of Gift Card!
Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by suite2suite
Hyatt Gift Cards "do not" have an expiration date but Certificates "do".
Perhaps you have a different type of Gift Card!
The ones offered through the Milepoint P2 offer had an expiration.

Also, gift cards are more limited than certs in that they can only be used in North America.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Ashasan2005
10% off Hyatt Gift Cards for Gold Passport members offer is back. Use Code GPGIFT14.
https://certificates.hyatt.com. Not valid on e-certificates.
However it is unfortunate that the cards cannot be used outside the US. Not a big fan of paper certs.

Originally Posted by Maui4me1
Just received my Hyatt Chase card statement and the gift cards posted 3 points per dollar. Yea!
Originally Posted by Biggles209
My purchase of Gift Cards back in January posted as "HYATT GIFT CERTIFICATES OMAHA NE" and did earn 3x on the Chase Hyatt card.
^ Awesome, thanks for posting as there was some incorrect info posted earlier.

Originally Posted by hailstorm

California law does not permit an expiration date on purchased gift cards - I very much doubt Hyatt would sell cards that do not comply. In fact the website popup specifically states:

Hyatt Gift Cards and Check Certificates do not expire.

However you are right about the opportunity cost. For example, assume a purchase of $900 for $1000 in GCs. Every month that you hold the cards, you lose $7 (assuming 8% annual ROI) that you could be earning elsewhere. Hold the card for a year and you lost most of the savings, not to mention the risk of loss or theft.

For me the question is whether to purchase using a 2-3% cash back card v. Chase Hyatt card. How do you value 2700 HGP points?

(I don't use any Amex products including Open).
Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo
California law does not permit an expiration date on purchased gift cards - I very much doubt Hyatt would sell cards that do not comply. In fact the website popup specifically states:

Hyatt Gift Cards and Check Certificates do not expire.
True for gift cards, but not necessarily so for certs.

In fact, the Terms and Conditions specificaly state:
If the Hyatt Check Certificate is received as a premium, as a part of a loyalty program, or other non-cash transaction, these additional terms and conditions shall apply:

1. Please see the front of the Gift Check for its expiration date.
It doesn't expire if you buy and use it yourself...but it does if you give or receive as a gift.

Also:

Card and these terms are governed by the State of Maryland, USA without regard to choice of law provisions.
So being at a computer in California when you purchase is irrelevant.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I've created a wiki with the latest info from this thread. Please correct or update as needed.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
When you click to purchase on www.hyattgiftcards.com, it says:

* Hyatt Gift Cards and Check Certificates do not expire
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:43 am

Hopefully you all don't get tired of me posting...I wanted to let you know FREE MAILING options of Hyatt Gift Cards are now available on our website at www.hyattgiftcards.com, in addition to our Hyatt eGift Cards which offer free delivery.

Originally Posted by swag
When you click to purchase on www.hyattgiftcards.com, it says:

* Hyatt Gift Cards and Check Certificates do not expire
Confirming: ALL Hyatt Gift Cards never expire. Hyatt Check Certificates purchased directly from Hyatt at www.hyattgiftcards.com also do not expire.

There are Hyatt Check Certificates in circulation with an expiration date if they were received as part of a loyalty program, reward, incentive, or purchased from an entity other than Hyatt. If you are holding these and they are expired, please e-mail [email protected] for your exchange options.

Todd Tomlin
Manager - Hyatt Gift Cards and Certificates
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Last year I bought Hyatt gift card through two cashback websites and never get the cashback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.