Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: A few
I requested to reopen this thread years later as one of the "survivors" (lol) that was targeted for this offer, got the card and as such had the deal honored. It has been a great run since then and frankly it probably has worked in Hyatt's favor as I have moved many stays and dollars into Hyatt that frankly would not have gone there otherwise.

However it seems now that Hyatt are wiggling their way out of this and I wanted to see if other "survivors" are having the same experience and whether or not they have been able to push back successfully. While I still have "Globalist" status, this year for the first time I did not get any suite upgrade awards, and I did not get a free night award either. I got both last year, and then back in the HGP days I got my suite upgrades. They are saying it is because now the upgrades and free nights are tied to number of nights/stays and not the status. But if I read the legal contract which is the terms & conditions, it is at very best ambiguous.

Thanks to @peteropny for repopening the thread and please I would prefer to only hear from those who got in on the deal and are experiencing the same challenge. Any posts about the validity of the deal or anything else will add nothing to the discussion so please keep to yourself
Old May 27, 2018, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I think that the whole company infrastructure behind the original issue has been largely replaced, and thus feels no attachment towards doing anything more than what they believe as to be following the letter of the agreement.

The BBB has sided with Hyatt in claims filed in this case, so i don't think that anything short of legal action could help you here.
ma91pmh likes this.

Last edited by hailstorm; May 27, 2018 at 5:24 pm
Old May 28, 2018, 6:53 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
However it seems now that Hyatt are wiggling their way out of this and I wanted to see if other "survivors" are having the same experience and whether or not they have been able to push back successfully. While I still have "Globalist" status, this year for the first time I did not get any suite upgrade awards, and I did not get a free night award either. I got both last year, and then back in the HGP days I got my suite upgrades. They are saying it is because now the upgrades and free nights are tied to number of nights/stays and not the status. But if I read the legal contract which is the terms & conditions, it is at very best ambiguous.
Diamond went away on March 1, 2017 (when HGP transformed to WoH). I've always feared that the airlines would do away with lifetime status by renaming their programs. Well, Hyatt apparently landed the first punch in the game. Yes, it's completely understandable that Lifetime Diamond is no longer valid because the Diamond level no longer exists.
Old May 28, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Sounds like you are going to have to settle for free breakfast,late checkout,and an occasional upgrade.Not sure about a concierge.
Old May 28, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
I requested to reopen this thread years later as one of the "survivors" (lol) that was targeted for this offer, got the card and as such had the deal honored. It has been a great run since then and frankly it probably has worked in Hyatt's favor as I have moved many stays and dollars into Hyatt that frankly would not have gone there otherwise.

Thanks to @peteropny for repopening the thread and please I would prefer to only hear from those who got in on the deal and are experiencing the same challenge. Any posts about the validity of the deal or anything else will add nothing to the discussion so please keep to yourself
Why would any T/Cs for 'diamond' status apply anymore?
Really, I am not sure why they wouldn't have killed this agreement already given that is was a mistake and a few years have passed to assuage those that benefited. I am not a lawyer and I don't have that much experience with co-branded credit cards, but I've never heard of anyone having an absolute right to keep stated CC with stated benefits --- I've had quite a few CCs send notices about changes in terms and conditions with the kind language that either I accept or the let the CC company know so that they will close my account. If you ask me, if they are still letting you get the 'status' and benefits with status, you should consider yourself lucky. And yes, suite upgrades and free cat1-7 are based on night qualifications. There are quite a few globalists that earned status via a challenge/promotion that are upgrade-less.
Old May 28, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by martinplas
Sounds like you are going to have to settle for free breakfast,late checkout,and an occasional upgrade.Not sure about a concierge.
Concierge is a 60 night benefit as well.
Old May 28, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by MarkOK
Why would any T/Cs for 'diamond' status apply anymore?
WoH TOS:

1. Hyatt Gold Passport Lifetime Diamond Members. Members in good standing of the Hyatt Gold Passport program who had “Lifetime Diamond” status received Lifetime Globalist status in the Program as of launch of the Program on March 1, 2017.
Old May 28, 2018, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by MarkOK
Concierge is a 60 night benefit as well.
The whole point of a lifetime status is to provide benefits to guests whose travel tapers off in exchange for business before it does.

WoH TOS:

(b) Benefits. Members with Lifetime Globalist status (each a “Lifetime Globalist”) will receive all of the benefits of Globalist status, as set forth in the “Globalist Status” section above, except as expressly modified here:

Pursuant to these Terms, certain awards and benefits are provided to Members only upon the Member earning a minimum number Base Points or completing a minimum number of Tier-Qualifying Nights during a Calendar Year. Lifetime Globalists will receive the following awards and benefits described in this Appendix C without the need to satisfy a minimum annual Base Point earning or Tier-Qualifying Night threshold:

(i) Four (4) Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards annually;
(ii) One (1) Category 1-7 Free Night Award annually; and
(iii) Access to a dedicated My Hyatt Concierge agent.
Old May 28, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
This doesn’t seem relevant. Recipients of the credit card offer where promised HGP Diamond status for as long as they remain a credit cardmember. They were not promised lifetime Diamond status.

Originally Posted by JackE
WoH TOS:

1. Hyatt Gold Passport Lifetime Diamond Members. Members in good standing of the Hyatt Gold Passport program who had “Lifetime Diamond” status received Lifetime Globalist status in the Program as of launch of the Program on March 1, 2017.
CloudCoder, MarkOK and bbbb like this.
Old May 28, 2018, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by sensei
This doesn’t seem relevant. Recipients of the credit card offer where promised HGP Diamond status for as long as they remain a credit cardmember. They were not promised lifetime Diamond status.

Certainly, that would be an additional requirement -- just as there are additional requirements for 1M-base-point LTGs to keep that status.
Old May 28, 2018, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
The deal was never "Lifetime Diamond" status. It was Diamond status renewed yearly, pursuant to the customer remaining a Hyatt credit card holder.
bbbb likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 5:49 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok we’re had hoped that discussion can remain cordial. Boy am I wrong. So this thread is locked again.

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.