Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Old Nov 14, 2013, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC

I have just picked up an unbelievable piece on LoyaltyLobby.

Allegedly someone got targeted for a Hyatt Credit Card and it was advertised to offer permanent Hyatt Diamond Status.

http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/11/14/h...-card-holders/

What do you think?

Personally, nothing surprises me anymore with Hyatt these days.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 12:36 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I'd find it hard to believe that any loyalty program would just give away top tier... even Hilton requires credit card holders to meet a min spend requirement to get their top tier.

I'd guess this was some sort of typo. Is that e-mail even drafted by Hyatt, or do they send it on behalf of Chase?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Could end up being an expensive typo if Diamond is part of the deal when the card is approved then they are stuck with it.

I would bet John from LoyaltyLobby checks that the email is authentic and there must be a hyperlink of some sort to lead to the application. I doubt these emails are being drafted by Hyatt since Chase as the card issuer bears ultimate responsibility. Even if it originates from a Hyatt Email address the author must be Chase.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 12:57 pm

if this is legit, that's ridiculous. ruins the point to actually stay at hotels to get diamond.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
my guess:

photoshop created by someone who was irritated with the devaluation.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by austin_modern
my guess:

photoshop created by someone who was irritated with the devaluation.
I doubt LL is going to post something based on screenshot/photoshop. As I said usually a CC offer email has a link that leads to a respective website.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 1:21 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I'm not a Diamond, but for everyone who is, hopefully this is a typo/a ruse/or something else similar. There's no better way to ruin an elite level than to give it away to everyone for free. (Case in point: HHonors Gold, standing-room only Hilton lounges, etc.)
Old Nov 14, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I doubt LL is going to post something based on screenshot/photoshop. As I said usually a CC offer email has a link that leads to a respective website.
Perhaps - whoever cleaned up the image did a good job color matching the overlay over the hyatt number and total miles for the year. I still think its more than likely a photoshop.

Putting on my tinfoil hat, perhaps Hyatt's going to add another tier higher than diamond.

Edit: It is funny watching the "youhavebeenupgraded" guy lose his poo on twitter....

Last edited by austin_modern; Nov 14, 2013 at 1:43 pm
Old Nov 14, 2013, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX

Personally, nothing surprises me anymore with Hyatt these days.
this would... typo or photoshop IMHO
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold
I read that post on Loyalty Lobby and then remembered that I had received an email this morning from Hyatt/Chase pitching the credit card.

I just double checked and the offer does promise Diamond status for as long as I'm a cardholder.

Here are the benefits the email touted:

• Receive elite Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum Membership for as long as you are a cardmember3

• No foreign transaction fees4 and Smart Chip technology

• Redeem for free nights with no resort fees, and with as few as 5,000 points at any Category 1 property5

• Receive 1 Free Night every year on your cardmember anniversary at any Category 1-4 property6

All for a $0 introductory annual fee the first year, $75 thereafter.4
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
It doesn't sound possible. Hyatt would be crazy to give away the Diamond status like that.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted] ?

I got the deal too. Its legit and I think I will do it. I used to be Diamond and just came back through a successful trial so that may have been the trigger to keep me as I may not requal next year. They know I have the competitor travel spend since I had to show competitor top tier to get the diamond trial.

Andrea: your benefit you pasted says Plat status.

I confirmed even the footnote restates this is Diamond in my offer. I will certainly save the email if they ever try to go back on it.

Update: Ok, I bit and signed up. No repeat of these terms in the application process, just the basic card benefits (no mention of the 2 free night sign up offer either).

I made sure I used the link to their web page version of the email and saved down an mht file of the site for future evidence.

I don't think this is a big problem:
1) It seems to be highly targeted, not just anyone can get this.
2) The only people who are going to be using the diamond benefits are those staying at a Hyatt. If they are not staying enough to gain Diamond status then they are not hogging up the lounge or other bennies.

This is not anything like the airline credit cards that are giving away elite status to ANYONE.

HUGE Kudos to LoyaltyLobby for posting this. It made me go back and check my offers that I have come to ignore!

Last edited by dmodemd; Nov 14, 2013 at 8:40 pm
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by AndreaRH
I read that post on Loyalty Lobby and then remembered that I had received an email this morning from Hyatt/Chase pitching the credit card.

I just double checked and the offer does promise Diamond status for as long as I'm a cardholder.

Here are the benefits the email touted:

• Receive elite Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum Membership for as long as you are a cardmember3

• No foreign transaction fees4 and Smart Chip technology

• Redeem for free nights with no resort fees, and with as few as 5,000 points at any Category 1 property5

• Receive 1 Free Night every year on your cardmember anniversary at any Category 1-4 property6

All for a $0 introductory annual fee the first year, $75 thereafter.4
This says PLATINUM membership...
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Perhaps - whoever cleaned up the image did a good job color matching the overlay over the hyatt number and total miles for the year. I still think its more than likely a photoshop.
When reader forwards me an email that they have received from the program, I always remove any personally identifiable information such as name, account number and account balance.

You wouldn't like these information to be out on the internet, right?

The email resolved to Hyatt's own website from where I took the screenshot of the offer.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt globalist, Hilton diamond
I received this same e-mail as well and confirm it says Diamond status in addition in the fine print

"3 Diamond status valid as long as your Hyatt Credit Card is open and not in default and you comply with Hyatt Gold Passport program rules. Authorized users will not be eligible for Diamond status or associated Diamond benefits."

No mention of either Platinum or Diamond benefits in the e-mail to distinguish which one is offered. Says I must apply by 12/12/13.

If this offer is indeed confirmed and not in error I will definitely apply. Anyone have thoughts on if it would be honored? I will be requalifying for Diamond status this year either way but would be less stress in subsequent years.

Edit: It did not come from Chase but received from "[email protected]" so maybe Hyatt directly?

Last edited by Kindel; Nov 14, 2013 at 9:11 pm Reason: E-mail address I received from

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.