Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: switchyj
Few handy links:

E-concierge website (also includes spa, activities & add-ons prices).
https://loscabosziva.hyatte-concierge.com/

Playa resort website (often has different offers/promotions that are not mentioned on Hyatt website + more details about the hotel rooms, amenities & activities)
http://www.playaresorts.com/Hyatt-Ziva-Los-Cabos

Hotel official website
http://loscabos.ziva.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Facebook page (they post every other day on it)
https://www.facebook.com/HyattZivaLosCabos

Tripadvisor page
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g152516-d469312
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
This feels like kind of a dumb question but I just want to confirm; all rates booked here are all-inclusive, correct? For the dates I'm interested in the AAA rate is $31/night cheaper than their promotional rates, so I just wanted to make sure it will include everything.

I tried really hard to find a website to do a BRG with, but no such luck
Old Jul 29, 2016, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by DealDetective
I don't know when you are going, but take a look at the 3rd party booking sites to see if you can get a better rate and submit a BRG claim. I have successfully obtained rates around $220/night for 2 adults at this property during 2 different seasons, but it wasn't a high demand time. At that rate, I wouldn't use my points and you could use a DSU (or use points for one room and a paid rate combined with a DSU for the 2nd. We were very pleased with the suite we were given using a DSU in May. We booked a second room which was connecting, giving us a 2 bedroom suite with living/dining + 1/2 bath. I don't believe that is the standard DSU, so I wouldn't count on it.

Also, you might inquire about a "family rate" for the 2nd room for the kids. I don't know if it applies at an all inclusive, but we used to get 1/2 off on a 2nd room for the kids at other Hyatt properties.
I have been getting some promotional offers for 2 adults for 55% discount and 2 free kids. Do some internet searches
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by frenchie2
That was what I did for my upcoming stay in Dec, weekend before Xmas. $219 for 2 adults in master double, and $294 for 2 adults 1 kid in ziva suite. At that rate I rather keep my points and spend the cash.
I think the kiddie pool is unheated, so pretty cold during that time of year...
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:15 pm

Has anyone stayed here recently? The thread's gotten a little quiet. Heading there this Saturday and just curious of recent experiences. TA reviews seem pretty great lately, but there were a few iffy posts on here back in July.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 5:33 am

I'd be interested too on current visits... wondering if this property is still heavily geared to booking large conference incentive groups which take away from the general guest experience.
We were there during Christmas and found this to be extremely true ... luckily dh was Diamond so we were able to dine when and where we chose without too much wait but found that the pool area got rather stressful each day with the large groups with their extended families monopolizing space...
Old Aug 28, 2016, 12:05 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by jkjetsetters
Has anyone stayed here recently? The thread's gotten a little quiet. Heading there this Saturday and just curious of recent experiences. TA reviews seem pretty great lately, but there were a few iffy posts on here back in July.
I was there in May. Diamond upgrade to some monstrous room.

Property is great. Everyone was super friendly and everything was super clean. The food was pretty mediocre during my visit, so if I go back I'd probably get food in town as opposed to the hotel. I'm not much for all inclusive resorts so the whole unlimited alcohol/food thing is lost on me.

The tequila bar downstairs had some really great tequilas if that's your thing. You have to pay, but they're worth it.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:17 pm

Just back from a 4 night stay with the kiddos. No conferences when I was there. Received an upgrade to the "Club Room" during check-in and asked if an additional upgrade was possible with a DSU, after speaking to the manager we were placed in the one-bedroom which was huge. My only gripe is the balcony is non-usable due to mosquitos being everywhere, take a look at the picture below. Each of us got a few bites while we were on the resort but I can't imagine what would've happened if we were on the balcony.

Loved CocoLoco and the Cafe, and the restaurants were okay for an all inclusive, service was super friendly. Kids had a lot of fun during the Kids Night. Comp tequila tastings for Diamonds MWF, comp wine tastings for Diamonds TuTh. There's also a bus that goes to San Lucas right across Le Mega, 37 pesos and it drops you right in front of the Marina.

Last edited by fangtl; Aug 29, 2016 at 4:01 pm
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by tusphotog
I was there in May. Diamond upgrade to some monstrous room.

Property is great. Everyone was super friendly and everything was super clean. The food was pretty mediocre during my visit, so if I go back I'd probably get food in town as opposed to the hotel. I'm not much for all inclusive resorts so the whole unlimited alcohol/food thing is lost on me.

The tequila bar downstairs had some really great tequilas if that's your thing. You have to pay, but they're worth it.
Thanks very much for the reply. Due to some mishaps at home we actually barely missed the 1 hr flight check in so we couldn't go, and the flight the next day wouldn't get us there until evening time, so we'd lose 1 1/2 days of the 4 night trip. So at the airport we rebooked our whole trip & went to the Andaz in Costa Rica instead Having a wonderful time, but we would still love to check out this property sometime!
Old Sep 5, 2016, 5:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
Is anyone at the resort right now with the approaching hurricane? I would appreciate updates on the condition of the resort after it hits - have a trip planned in the near future.

Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, PC Plat, lots of miles but no status w/ usual *A, OW & ST suspects
No major damage that's visible.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 5:11 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, PC Plat, lots of miles but no status w/ usual *A, OW & ST suspects
Update on the situation:

Every restaurant except for La Hacienda seems to be up and running again. The kids and adults-only pools are open. The main pools are closed as there's a lot of sand in both. They were working on cleaning the infinity pool today, so maybe that'll open up soon (I leave tomorrow so I won't know exactly when).

Overall, the staff has done a pretty good job on getting things back in order. AC is back up and running, as are the elevators. If you arrive in the next few days, I'm sure you'll see some things that are "off" or indicative of a category 1 hurricane, but other than the main pool being closed off, there's not much that'll detract significantly from the experience.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
Originally Posted by gster78
Update on the situation:

Every restaurant except for La Hacienda seems to be up and running again. The kids and adults-only pools are open. The main pools are closed as there's a lot of sand in both. They were working on cleaning the infinity pool today, so maybe that'll open up soon (I leave tomorrow so I won't know exactly when).

Overall, the staff has done a pretty good job on getting things back in order. AC is back up and running, as are the elevators. If you arrive in the next few days, I'm sure you'll see some things that are "off" or indicative of a category 1 hurricane, but other than the main pool being closed off, there's not much that'll detract significantly from the experience.
Thanks for the update!
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:43 am

Any GI issues to report related to consuming cocktails w/ ice or eating salads at Hyatt Ziva?

Is free bottled water available throughout the resort (gym/bars/room)?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by jkjetsetters
Has anyone stayed here recently? The thread's gotten a little quiet. Heading there this Saturday and just curious of recent experiences.
How was your recent stay?
Old Nov 26, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
adjoining rooms?

The search function isn't working for "adjoining" (or I'm completely crappy at searching), so does anyone know if there are adjoining rooms at the property?

I'm doing a trip on points for four adults and three kids (ages 4, 4, 2).

Given the point difference between suites and normal rooms and the additional 10,000 points to feed a kid, it seems that just getting three rooms makes more sense (and provides more space) than trying to get suites.

However, this only works if we can get adjoining rooms for us and the kids, with the third room not needing to be adjoining.

I don't have the contact information for the hotel, so I'm hoping one of you smart folks have some information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.