Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: switchyj
Few handy links:

E-concierge website (also includes spa, activities & add-ons prices).
https://loscabosziva.hyatte-concierge.com/

Playa resort website (often has different offers/promotions that are not mentioned on Hyatt website + more details about the hotel rooms, amenities & activities)
http://www.playaresorts.com/Hyatt-Ziva-Los-Cabos

Hotel official website
http://loscabos.ziva.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Facebook page (they post every other day on it)
https://www.facebook.com/HyattZivaLosCabos

Tripadvisor page
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g152516-d469312
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
Question for you all:

would you book the Ziva suite for 399 a night or a Club Ocean Front king room for 475?

Pictures dont seem to give me enough enough information and the Club king seems to have more benefits then the suite.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by melroseman
Can't help but ask...is there anything different since people were pretty much shooting in the lobby? More security or something??
It was mentioned upthread that immediately after the incident the hotel went back to opening and closing the entry gate for traffic instead of it being left open for some periods of time. I am to assume this is still the case, but I will update if not after we get there in 12 days.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by B767capt
Question for you all:

would you book the Ziva suite for 399 a night or a Club Ocean Front king room for 475?

Pictures dont seem to give me enough enough information and the Club king seems to have more benefits then the suite.
Tried to figure this out myself a while back. Several of the reviews/comments I read stated that the suites tended to be a bit of a weird layout & wasted space. We booked a club king.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:08 pm

I will be there in a little over a week and will post some comments/review of the property. I booked an ocean view king room. Staying 4 nights with the 4th night free promo. Paid $1028 total for the 4 nights for two people.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
Tried to figure this out myself a while back. Several of the reviews/comments I read stated that the suites tended to be a bit of a weird layout & wasted space. We booked a club king.

you were happy with it?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by B767capt
you were happy with it?
Don't know yet, we arrive in about 12 days.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by slm9555
I will be there in a little over a week and will post some comments/review of the property. I booked an ocean view king room. Staying 4 nights with the 4th night free promo. Paid $1028 total for the 4 nights for two people.
Any reports on activity there now that TS Lidia is bearing down on Cabo?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by Ripper3785
Any reports on activity there now that TS Lidia is bearing down on Cabo?
I'm supposed to go this Saturday. I can cancel my Alaska Airline flight on or before 9/2. I called Hyatt to see if they were extending the 48 hour cancellation policy. Nothing at this time I would have to cancel by 4 or 5pm tomorrow. However, the agent did say they have discretion if the flights are cancelled/weather that they could probably waive the cancellation fee. I guess I will have to make a decision tomorrow. I am very bummed because I felt like this was a great deal and I won't be able to find another trip last minute for a good price... Are you going to keep your reservation?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:28 am

I'm supposed to go this Saturday. I can cancel my Alaska Airline flight on or before 9/2. I called Hyatt to see if they were extending the 48 hour cancellation policy. Nothing at this time I would have to cancel by 4 or 5pm tomorrow. However, the agent did say they have discretion if the flights are cancelled/weather that they could probably waive the cancellation fee. I guess I will have to make a decision tomorrow. I am very bummed because I felt like this was a great deal and I won't be able to find another trip last minute for a good price... Are you going to keep your reservation?
We are staying our first night in Cabo before heading over to the Ziva on Tuesday, so we have a few days to see how things play out. Hopeful that the storm is not strong enough to cause issues many days later.

If you stick with yours and want to grab a drink at the Ziva, it's on me!
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:22 am

I was scheduled to fly Alaska 208 on friday morning from LAX to cabos but I rescheduled to Saturday since that is when the weather start to pick back up but not sure if my flight will cancel..
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by johnxkrn
I was scheduled to fly Alaska 208 on friday morning from LAX to cabos but I rescheduled to Saturday since that is when the weather start to pick back up but not sure if my flight will cancel..
I went ahead and cancelled my flight and hotel... Even if the weather improves the forecast is still rain and storms most days.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: NW/DL Platinum 15 Years, Diamond 6 Years, DL Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold
Why would bartenders be smelling liquor bottles when coming out of the back room?

We spotted this happening two times during our 2 night stay last week - once at the pool bar (my Wife saw this from our room balcony) and also at the Baja Bar (observed as I was standing at the bar).

Maybe the Baja Bar guy likes the smell of Malibu rum.

My impression is the prices have been dropping from when the property opened and I'm wondering if that is impacting the food & beverage budgets. We have seen this rate decline at Ziva Puerto Vallarta as well. Ziva prices are tax inclusive while other all-inclusive properties are typically quoting rates plus tax which means Ziva's net revenue is lower.

I am being very careful not to claim anything is wrong here - I don't have enough information. I'm just posting my observation and wondering if others have seen something similar lately?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:38 pm

We got to the Hyatt a couple of hours ago after staying the night elsewhere in Cabo(more rain/flooding damage there but the people are working feverishly to get CSL back in order)

The Hyatt seems mostly back up to speed. All restaurants are open today/tonight, a few were reported to be closed for a while after the storm. The gym is closed and we haven't gotten an answer on for how long. The pools are all open except a jacuzzi by the beach(and who needs that when it's 90 degrees?) Most of the elevators are not yet back to working. Haven't seen rain here or in CSL yesterday though looks like there may be some inland. We like our Club Ocean View Master King. Club might be a bit unnecessary.

Doesn't seem to be very crowded. I haven't spotted any conventions or corp events yet. Suspect part of it is the low season and partly people cancelling due to the unknown.

Time to get back out there.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
What is the difference between the master double room and the pool view room? Does the former have no water (pool or ocean) view at all? I think it says "garden views"??
Is the pool view of the adult pool, not the main one, and how is that view?
I am currently booked into a pool view and hoping for an one level? upgrade to ocean view, as a discoverist, what do you think?
There are also cheaper regular rooms with garden views, but I'd rather not risk being stuck in one of those...Thoughts?
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:17 pm

What room does the suite point redemption book into?

I'm assuming just the "Ziva Suite". For 12,000 points extra per night I'm not super interested given the reviews of that room above.

If I spend the extra points, any idea the odds of getting upgraded to a better suite as an Explorist?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.