Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: switchyj
Few handy links:

E-concierge website (also includes spa, activities & add-ons prices).
https://loscabosziva.hyatte-concierge.com/

Playa resort website (often has different offers/promotions that are not mentioned on Hyatt website + more details about the hotel rooms, amenities & activities)
http://www.playaresorts.com/Hyatt-Ziva-Los-Cabos

Hotel official website
http://loscabos.ziva.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Facebook page (they post every other day on it)
https://www.facebook.com/HyattZivaLosCabos

Tripadvisor page
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g152516-d469312
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:50 pm

I am more than a bit bothered with the casual nature at which they dismissed my vacation plans. While I can cancel and rebook award flights for little to no fee they are disregarding the fact that availability is not readily available and that I had to plan those award flights far in advance. Additionally I planned those days off from work and we as a family had to juggle things around to make things work. Hyatt's offer is a slap in my face saying, "your planning, your family and your schedule mean nothing to us". How is this in anyway right? I would think that at a MINIMUM they should offer those of us who are being impacted points for half of our stay (AT LEAST) and offer to rebook us at another resort for the same rate.

Make this right Hyatt, don't be another Hilton.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I too am upset at the proposals offered. I think Hyatt is hoping that we will all accept their excuse that this is a hurricane related delay. Like everyone has said, the problem is not that the Ziva was closed due to hurricane but due to the fact that Hyatt heavily advertised it's re-opening and we relied on that to our detriment. Hyatt enticed us to make a reservation at this property. If held accountable by us, I believe that Hyatt will do the right thing and offer us the same compensation that was offered to the folks who were impacted by the Baha Mar delay.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by beachbride2003
I too am upset at the proposals offered. I think Hyatt is hoping that we will all accept their excuse that this is a hurricane related delay. Like everyone has said, the problem is not that the Ziva was closed due to hurricane but due to the fact that Hyatt heavily advertised it's re-opening and we relied on that to our detriment. Hyatt enticed us to make a reservation at this property. If held accountable by us, I believe that Hyatt will do the right thing and offer us the same compensation that was offered to the folks who were impacted by the Baha Mar delay.
I agree...

this is getting ridiculous.
I'm trying to plan a honeymoon in beginning of october, and cabo looked like the ideal destination for us, but it's a very unfortunate time apparently (JW marriott not yet open, Sheralton & westin under renovation, Hyatt Ziva forever delayed...)
I'm getting scared of having to change plans last minute... I really liked that hyatt..
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Email response from consumer affairs:

"Thank you for your email.

I am truly sorry that your vacation has been impacted. We wanted to make sure we reached out as early as possible, which is why we do not have the rates for the other locations yet. We are still negotiating with the area hotels. It is very important to us to offer an alternate location that is on the same level as Hyatt.

I would be happy to look at availability at other Hyatt locations for you, although we would not be offering a discounted rate at the other locations. There will be no fees/charges associated with canceling the Ziva Los Cabos. We would however still be offering an airline reimbursement of $250 per person, we would just need receipts of the original flights and then a receipt showing the charges incurred by changing the flights.

Currently we are not offering any point compensation due to the delay being caused by a natural disaster. However, I have forwarded your details to our upper management for consideration.

I will be in touch when we I hear back from them. "

As others have said, the natural disaster excuse is a joke. If I had booked a hotel before the hurricane, then I would have understood. This isn't the case though, they specified an opening date, and haven't met it. This has nothing to do with the disaster at this point.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can moderator please update thread title to Sept 15th re-opening?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Agreed with everybody who have to postpone/cancel their vacations. For some people, getting a week of vacation time scheduled is a big deal and a last second notice like this is unacceptable.

However, if you can visit, the actual property (pre hurricane) was amazing. I'd love to see what they did with it sometime in the future.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:04 am

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Originally Posted by britishcanuck
Email response from consumer affairs

Currently we are not offering any point compensation due to the delay being caused by a natural disaster. However, I have forwarded your details to our upper management for consideration.

I will be in touch when we I hear back from them. "

As others have said, the natural disaster excuse is a joke. If I had booked a hotel before the hurricane, then I would have understood. This isn't the case though, they specified an opening date, and haven't met it. This has nothing to do with the disaster at this point.
This is so ridiculous. I too didn't book pre-hurricane I booked after Hyatt announced the reopening. Blaming the misadvertsied multi opening dates on the natural disaster so they don't have to compensate us for this is wrong. Hyatt screwed up the rebuild timing and obviously didn't have a real person on the ground overseeing or doing an inspection before announcing the opening date.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bigshaker
This is so ridiculous. I too didn't book pre-hurricane I booked after Hyatt announced the reopening. Blaming the misadvertsied multi opening dates on the natural disaster so they don't have to compensate us for this is wrong. Hyatt screwed up the rebuild timing and obviously didn't have a real person on the ground overseeing or doing an inspection before announcing the opening date.
I suspect it is Playa, not Hyatt, who pays or doesn't pay for compensation.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:02 pm

This is more than frustrating as we planned the first vacation ever for my in-laws (they literally have never taken a vacation in their life) for Labor Day Weekend.

We pieced together Hyatt free nights from the card and award nights with points for 5 people in total - so I'm especially wondering how they plan to make point reservations work at another "similar quality" resort. What are the options? Will they pay to honor the point reservations? Or would we simply get our free nights back (now how do we use them...) and suddenly have to fork out thousands instead to keep those travel dates?

Like others said above, if we're forced to change plans, nothing makes up for having to rework vacation days (we can't even attempt to book something else now for that holiday weekend), the loss of a vacation, or the hassle of having to cancel and reconsider everything.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:21 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Good Afternoon Flyertalkers!

We certainly understand your concerns regarding the most recent news for the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact our Guest Relations Team at 888.848.9496 and they will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you!
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:36 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Good Afternoon Flyertalkers!

We certainly understand your concerns regarding the most recent news for the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact our Guest Relations Team at 888.848.9496 and they will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you!
Um, if you read any post above we are all claiming that Hyatt DOES NOT understand our concerns and that the Hyatt Guest Relations Team you reference is not offering compensation to us like they did for recent guests who were displaced by the similar Hyatt Bahamas missed opening.
Has something changed in the last few hours? Is there now a compensation offer available to us for having our vacations canceled that we should call in about?
Is Hyatt now not blaming the Hurricane for publishing 3 different sets of opening dates that weren't met?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:08 pm

Here is my letter to Hyatt Consumer Affairs, will provide an update when/if I hear back:

Hi there,
I planned this vacation many months in advance, changed my childrens' activity schedules, put in notice with my employer etc.

I find it rather cavalier how you are canceling my reservation without any compensation for the inconvenience that you are causing my family. The first option gives me no benefit as I had the ability to cancel my reservation 48hrs before arrival. The second option really does nothing for me either as I booked my flights via my awards and I can essentially cancel without penalty (although there is little to no availability this late and this close to my vacation time). The third option is not viable either as we were looking for an all inclusive resort with Hyatt due to my diamond status and stay credit (for promotional purposes).

The delay was not caused by a natural disaster, the delay was caused by the erroneous forecast around construction completion. I would appreciate compensation on the same level as what is being offered to those that have been affected by your Baha Mar delay. 20K in points per night booked. These circumstances are virtually identical.

Regards,

ZBigFam
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Here is my letter to Hyatt Consumer Affairs, will provide an update when/if I hear back:

Hi there,
I planned this vacation many months in advance, changed my childrens' activity schedules, put in notice with my employer etc.

I find it rather cavalier how you are canceling my reservation without any compensation for the inconvenience that you are causing my family. The first option gives me no benefit as I had the ability to cancel my reservation 48hrs before arrival. The second option really does nothing for me either as I booked my flights via my awards and I can essentially cancel without penalty (although there is little to no availability this late and this close to my vacation time). The third option is not viable either as we were looking for an all inclusive resort with Hyatt due to my diamond status and stay credit (for promotional purposes).

The delay was not caused by a natural disaster, the delay was caused by the erroneous forecast around construction completion. I would appreciate compensation on the same level as what is being offered to those that have been affected by your Baha Mar delay. 20K in points per night booked. These circumstances are virtually identical.

Regards,

ZBigFam
Pretty much what I said to them. Hopefully this reaches someone higher up that can actually make this call and they do the right thing.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:42 pm

My complaint to Hyatt consumer affairs looks like it was punted to the Hyatt Cabo 's Guest Service Manager.

Thank you for your message to Hyatt Hotels. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

I understand the importance of your email and would like to thank you for bringing this to my notice. However, it is best if my colleagues at the hotel respond to your query and for your convenience, I have copied this email to them. We will contact you on your email address xxx
For your reference, the contact information of the hotel is:

Phone: 52 624 163 7730
Fax: 52 624 163 7740
E-mail: [email protected]

Please let me know if I may assist you further.

Best Regards,

Swati Said
Hyatt Gold Passport Representative
Global Contact Centre

Last edited by Bigshaker; Jul 9, 2015 at 5:16 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jul 9, 2015, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Bigshaker
My complaint to Hyatt consumer affairs was punted to the Hyatt Cabo 's Guest Service Manager.

Thank you for your message to Hyatt Hotels. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

I understand the importance of your email and would like to thank you for bringing this to my notice. However, it is best if my colleagues at the hotel respond to your query and for your convenience, I have copied this email to them. We will contact you on your email address xxx
For your reference, the contact information of the hotel is:

Phone: 52 624 163 7730
Fax: 52 624 163 7740
E-mail: [email protected]

Please let me know if I may assist you further.

Best Regards,

Swati Said
Hyatt Gold Passport Representative
Global Contact Centre
On rereading this I don't think this is from Hyatt consumer affairs. It seems like my message got routed to the Gold Passport Centre and then sent to the Hotel for resolution. Will resend my letter (like the above examples) again to [email protected]

Last edited by Bigshaker; Jul 9, 2015 at 5:19 pm Reason: Tupo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.