Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara Cancun REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Zilara Cancun REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Feb 9, 21, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by burnerx213 View Post
Great suggestions!
just emailed concierge to check on possibility of getting to turquoise tower @ Ziva
as for SUA, i have extra so IDC too much about that.

Chef's table being included for globalist is a key point, makes the upgrade fee a lot less attractive but points out the marketing tactic of
USUAL FEE $400, SPECIAL GLOBALIST RATE $130.
INCLUDES: STUFF YOU ALREADY GET
MORE STUFF YOU ALREADY GET
BIGGER ROOM
For us (couple) it’s really not a contest. Ziva wins. The location on a peninsula surrounded by water on three sides with two gorgeous and swimmable beaches just can’t be beat... it’s also just bigger (but never crowded) with more to look at and more to do. It you do Turqoize then you still get access to lots of no kids areas (although we’ve never had issues with kids there...)

That said... if there was no Ziva we’d likely be regulars at the Zilara. Both are wonderful.
Old Feb 10, 21, 3:36 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by burnerx213 View Post
Have a booking for mid march at zilara, 5 nights
confirmed into ocean front jr suite using SUA.
If I am not mistaken, pretty much all the Jr suites are 653 sqft unless they upgrade you to an Ocean Front Luxury Suite (758 sqft).

100% agree with what txhyattlvr said.

I only stay here for 1 night just to check off Brand Explorer stay credit. Chef table menu didn’t look that exciting to me, so I went for Japanese instead.

on a side note - Talked to Ziva when we were there and the only way to get into turquoise tower is to book a Turquoise room, They have a separate inventory and we weren’t able to use points or SUA for them. However, the corner suite at Ziva Club Tower is very nice and we got $300 per night in value for using the SUA, times 5 nights!
Old Jun 10, 21, 6:06 am

Safe to assume that early check in and late checkout privileges as Globalist wouldn’t be honored during Christmas week, right?
Old Jun 10, 21, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by gellmania View Post
Safe to assume that early check in and late checkout privileges as Globalist wouldn’t be honored during Christmas week, right?
Even during non-holiday weeks, they typically don't give super early check-in or more than 1-2 extra hours for late check-out. You can, however, use all resort facilities on day of your check-in / check-out. So you can drop off your luggage, go grab a bite to eat, hang out at the pool, etc.
gellmania likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: