Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Zilara Cancun REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Zilara Cancun REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by sam007
are there are any foodies hanging out here and can give me an honest opinion about the food you get at this hotel? Were there any restaurants that you'll go back to for a paid meal if they were in your home city? Thanks
We ate at the asian, mexican, and gourmet restaurants, as well as the poolside cafe. One thing to know is the menu for the gourmet restaurant varies night to night. It may be worth having a conversation with your reservations agent about your preferences before booking your reservation for that room. The food is "very good" to "great" across all venues. Nothing was "outstanding." Ingredients were fresh and service was prompt. This is not a resort for foodies, but I am not sure one exists in this region.
Old May 20, 2017, 9:42 am

are there are any foodies hanging out here and can give me an honest opinion about the food you get at this hotel? Were there any restaurants that you'll go back to for a paid meal if they were in your home city? Thanks
I mean, my friends who are foodies go spend $150/person on the regular to eat from known chefs. If this is what you expect, I wouldn't go here (or any all-inclusive).

If by foodie you mean you like food, then you'll be fine. I would have paid normal restaurant prices for all of the food I ate in the restaurants while there.
Old May 20, 2017, 12:24 pm

do you think a possibility exists to actually speak to the chef of these restaurants to talk about our style of food and see if they can accommodate
Old May 20, 2017, 3:37 pm

do you think a possibility exists to actually speak to the chef of these restaurants to talk about our style of food and see if they can accommodate
I doubt it in the normal restaurants if you mean making you something off-menu. However, might be able to do something with the Chef's Plate.
Old May 21, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by paulinespoints
I booked private car to/from Hyatt Zilara through Cancun shuttle for $70 RT
Anyone use this lately or USA Transfers?
Old May 21, 2017, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
Used USA Transfers in mid March. Although my first experience in Cancun and so I don't have anything to else to compare it to, they seemed fine. Drivers spoke decent English. Pointed out a few things that I didn't knowI about the hotel zone. And actually had us go into wrong van at first
. But would use them again, and was charged $55USD round trip which I prepaid using cr xit card prior. Tipped with USD though.
Old May 21, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Delta Plat, AA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Would recommend Canada Tranfers over USA transfers. I've used both
Old May 23, 2017, 10:55 am

I went 8 times last summer and used them every time and had no issue.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Lancer99
Would recommend Canada Tranfers over USA transfers. I've used both
Why? What's the difference?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:18 pm

Just got back from a 5 day stay at the Zilara. Overall, we had a great time and would definitely recommend the hotel. USA Transfers was very professional, punctual and our drivers were very friendly as well. Check-in and lobby area has a very nice open air design. Dedicated check-in area for WOH members was very nice and the concierge team available was convenient. Explorist status got us a room upgrade from the standard suite, some coupons as mentioned before in this thread and a 15 minute complimentary relaxation massage. The massage was good so we booked the signature Mayan massage for the next day. You can get 30% off if you go at 8AM, 1PM or 2PM. Activities galore throughout the day to keep busy. We did a partner yoga class which was interesting. We found the lap pool beside the gym which we spent alot of time at since people were rarely ever up there. We found the entertainment shows at night time to be fun - we normally had dinner and then sat down by 8:15PM to get good seats. The food was the only part that did not live up to my expectations but do not get me wrong, the food was still good. I guess I had my expectations set too high for an all inclusive buffet. The Mexican restaurant, Teppanyaki and Chef's plate were the best meals for us. The customer service was very very good.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Anyone used a suite upgrade here? What room would that be? Is it worth using? And will using a suite upgrade give you access to the "premium services"?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:38 am

We went with a group in Feb. and one of them had some specific food allergies. A few times a chef came out to discuss the specifics of what they could eat. The chef would take the info and whip something up. Our friend seemed very pleased with everything she ate, so I would say you should be good. For the record, I believe she had some kind of hoshimoto/gluten issue, but we ate at all of the places except the fancy chef's table dinner (showed up 3 minutes late and the door was already locked).
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone who have been in the Hyatt All-Inclusive also have done cruises?

I would like some opinions on the food comparison between All-Inclusive and cruises. I understand in an All-Inclusive the drinks are included while on a cruise it is not and quite expensive because that is where the cruise lines make their money. In other words, the drink dept on a cruise subsidize the food dept while it is probably the opposite at an All=Inclusive.

So this brings up an interesting thought - the All-Inclusive has to spend money on the drink dept while the cruise line primarily makes their money from the drink dept - how would be the impact on the food dept respectively?

It would be nice to hear from someone who has done both types extensive so to be able to offer some insight.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Anyone who have been in the Hyatt All-Inclusive also have done cruises?

So this brings up an interesting thought - the All-Inclusive has to spend money on the drink dept while the cruise line primarily makes their money from the drink dept - how would be the impact on the food dept respectively?

It would be nice to hear from someone who has done both types extensive so to be able to offer some insight.
I went to the Zilara last month, the food was good enough. The Top Shelf drinks were more than good enough!!

I went on a NCL cruise about 15 years ago and it seems it was all inclusive food and drinks freestyle dining. I see they are still doing so, don't know if they stopped for awhile.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I went to the Zilara last month, the food was good enough. The Top Shelf drinks were more than good enough!!

I went on a NCL cruise about 15 years ago and it seems it was all inclusive food and drinks freestyle dining. I see they are still doing so, don't know if they stopped for awhile.
No you pay for the drinks on the mass market cruise lines and NCL is one of the mass market lines. On the mass market lines cruises the drinks are definitely a big expense item from soft drinks to cocktails to wines to hard liquor.
On the up market lines (very up market) then most drinks are included. The luxury lines generally cost $500 and up per person per day.

Last edited by Happy; Jul 21, 2017 at 5:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.