Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Are Amex FHR/Chase LHR/Visa LHC Stays M life Eligible Stays?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2013, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt-Glob, DL-Dia, AA-EXP

Hi Folks,

I realize that the question regarding Amex/Virtuoso bookings has been addressed in the past <http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-gold-passport/1482188-hyatt-mlife-amex-fhr-program.html>; however, I couldn't find any specific reference to an authoritative source of where this information came from.

I e-mailed both Gold Passport and M life customer service, and both have e-mailed back indicating that Amex/Virtuouso/Chase LHR/Visa Signature LHC stays do NOT count and are NOT M life eligible nights (i.e. nights that will earn me Hyatt GP stay/nights credit to re-qualify Diamond).

Would very much appreciate if anyone has any answers to the following questions:

1. Can anyone clarify where in the Hyatt GP or M life terms and conditions that specifically state these third-party rates as qualifying? I couldn't find any verbiage in the terms to support my case for eligibility when debating with both GP and M life customer service.

2. The thread I referenced above suggested eligibility of Amex FHR and Virtuoso bookings, but does not comment on Visa Signature Luxury Hotels Collection or Chase Luxury Hotels and Resorts bookings. Does anyone have experience booking through those two portals and receiving Hyatt stay/nights credit?
Old Oct 20, 2013, 1:13 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Good Afternoon DCA-Flyer,

I noticed your PM and had first replied to that, though I'm certain other members have had similar curiosities and it can't hurt to post publicly.

I apologize in advance as I am not familiar with all of the booking facets of the programs that allow you to book MGM Resorts, so I will not speak to individual programs. For the sake of Hyatt Gold Passport's involvement, an eligible stay at an MGM Resort is defined as when payment is made directly to the MGM Resort being booked or is booked through official Hyatt outlets (website or telephone). Third party reservations where your total is paid from you to the consultant/travel agency and from that third party to the MGM Resort on your behalf are not considered eligible. While the MGM relationship is relatively new, I'm glad to report we do have an official outlet for terms & conditions to give us a more strict definition.

For the most up-to-date terms & conditions defining what I'm currently referencing, please visit this link and the second-to-last point should read "Hyatt-MGM Resorts Relationship". Please reference this link for anyone viewing this at a later date, as my current summary may not be entirely accurate in the future.

To be clear, even eligible nights in MGM resorts are not counted towards the Diamond or Platinum trial tiers.

I hope this clears things up; if there's anything you're still uncertain of, please don't hesitate to ask.

Safe travels,

Evan V

Last edited by Gold Passport Concierge; Oct 20, 2013 at 1:13 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Oct 20, 2013, 2:20 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Virtuoso stays at mLife properties are eligible for mLife TC accrual and also qualify as Hyatt stays and earn HGP points as these are booked direct with the property.

In Vegas, Bellagio, Aria, Signature @ MGM Grand, and SkyLofts at MGM Grand are Virtuoso properties.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:33 pm

delete..

Last edited by cruisingmickey; Nov 8, 2017 at 1:38 pm
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by luxury
Virtuoso stays at mLife properties are eligible for mLife TC accrual and also qualify as Hyatt stays and earn HGP points as these are booked direct with the property.
This, and same for AMEX FHR. I have never had an issue getting Hyatt qualifying stay credit for an FHR-booked rate at an M Life property.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 11:57 pm

Bump this thread - is Virtuoso rate at Vegas mLife properties still earn Hyatt / WOH night credits?
Old Jan 14, 2021, 8:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
There's at least one very recent report that FHR pay-at-property bookings through the website are now booking through Expedia. This would raise at least a potential for no benefits/credit.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
There's at least one very recent report that FHR pay-at-property bookings through the website are now booking through Expedia. This would raise at least a potential for no benefits/credit.
I noticed that too - so Virtuoso or FHR via phone is more secure?

I see that my FHR book-via-phone were charged by MGM resorts directly while FHR booked online are charged directly to AMEX FHR.

Virtuoso should be fine as they are not booked under same system?
Old Jan 15, 2021, 9:20 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by anchor79
Virtuoso should be fine as they are not booked under same system?
Virtuoso rates do not pass via Expedia or a similar 3rd party. They drop directly into MGM's system
GUWonder likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.