Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Another targeted promotion through 11/30/13

Old Sep 28, 13, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond

Here is another new targeted promotion where you must be a recipient of the email to qualify.

No love for this Diamond. Batting .000, I am now 0-6 in these targeted promos. I get the hint.

http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...K_G-509427327F

1K BONUS POINTS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
To receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points, you must be a recipient of this email and complete one (1) eligible night at any participating Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House® or Hyatt Residence Club™ hotel and resort worldwide, or any participating M life resort by November 30, 2013. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided.

For the purpose of this Offer, an “Eligible Night” shall be defined as one (1) night at any participating Hyatt hotel or resort when choosing points or miles and paying an Eligible Rate (as defined in the Hyatt Gold Passport program Terms and Conditions). Award nights shall not constitute an Eligible Night. Hyatt Gold Passport members will only receive eligible night credit for their room, regardless of the number of paid rooms.

For purpose of this Offer, an “M life-Eligible Night” shall be defined as one (1) night during the Promotion Period at any participating M life resort where (i) payment is made directly to a participating MGM Resorts International property, (ii) stays booked through hyatt.com, or (iii) stays booked through a World Wide Reservation Center. Award nights shall not constitute an Eligible Night. Hyatt Gold Passport members will only receive eligible night credit for their room, regardless of the number of paid rooms.

Please allow two to three (2-3) weeks after your first eligible night for bonus points to be posted to your Hyatt Gold Passport account (allow 4-6 weeks for bonus points from nights outside the U.S.). Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice. This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions visit goldpassport.com.

Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Residence Club™ resort, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.
Old Sep 28, 13, 9:00 am

I received a similar offer via email a few days ago...didn't realize it was a targeted promo.

There's never been a better time to book your next stay because we're giving you a little something extra. Stay just one eligible night by November 30 and you can earn 2,000 bonus points.

I'm not a Diamond member, just Platinum, and have 15 Hyatt stays so far this year, with just three more planned as of now. Not sure if it matters or not, but I also received the last targeted promo where I was offered 2000 points per stay on up to four stays through September 30th (I'll be completing my fourth stay when I check out tomorrow.)
Old Sep 28, 13, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic View Post
Here is another new targeted promotion where you must be a recipient of the email to qualify.

No love for this Diamond. Batting .000, I am now 0-6 in these targeted promos. I get the hint.
Nothing for me either. I've lost count of how many times I've not been targeted, I just know its 100%.

My stats:

Diamond for at 5 least years, I have the Chase cc. I avg about 30/stays a year - which I know isn't that much but the vast majority are multi-night stays high end properties. I do an occasional weekend MR at the Hyatt Santa Clara to top off my points. I use points in conjunction with paid stays so that when we travel as family we have an add'l room.

I keep returning to Hyatt b/c I really like their properties (w/a couple of exceptions) and they really do treat elites well, so not being targeted won't change my patterns - but it would be nice to get something.
Old Sep 28, 13, 2:53 pm

This offer appears to target Platinums from what I have read here and on a couple of Blogs. Have not read any replies from Diamonds that they rec'ed this offer.
I really dislike the targeted offers, but, since they continue, Hyatt doesn't seem to care if they p--s off many longtime Diamond members.
I wonder if Jeff ever reads any of these comments.
Bob
Old Sep 28, 13, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic View Post

FP13ETRIGT1B1K_G-509427327F
Whoever posted/forwarded the link and didn't modify their Gold Passport number, deserves their account to be hacked.
Old Sep 28, 13, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, once-upon-a-time NW Gold, BMI Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by holtju2 View Post
Whoever posted/forwarded the link and didn't modify their Gold Passport number, deserves their account to be hacked.
Somebody wake up on the wrong side of bed this morning?
Old Sep 28, 13, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by hobo13 View Post
Somebody wake up on the wrong side of bed this morning?
I just have seen these too often on FT lately. Links that contain the account number and/or other information of the receiver.

Then there are complaints about account hacks?
Old Sep 28, 13, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
I just have seen these too often on FT lately. Links that contain the account number and/or other information of the receiver.

Then there are complaints about account hacks?
Well, you can tell thepointsguy then, cause his blog is where I learned of this and copied his link....

I doubt he cares because he is usually very diligent.
Old Sep 28, 13, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Apparently, there is also a 2K promotion:

http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...mo2kemail.html
Old Sep 28, 13, 11:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
My wife's GP account remains dormant, but receives nice goodie email offers. Just sign up your spouse or significant other, and you may see some email offers trickle in.

These offers don't bother me in the least bit I can't take advantage of. I like high season dates, and the extra 1K or 2K bonuses offered here appears to be for low season.
Old Sep 29, 13, 12:18 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
yes I received the 2k offer the same day I registered for diamond challenge so thats a bonus for me.
Old Sep 29, 13, 1:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro View Post
I like high season dates, and the extra 1K or 2K bonuses offered here appears to be for low season.
High season is very relative. October is prime season throughout Japan, and in Kyoto November is the highest season of the year excluding special holidays such as New Years.
Old Sep 29, 13, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino View Post
High season is very relative. October is prime season throughout Japan, and in Kyoto November is the highest season of the year excluding special holidays such as New Years.
Certainly there will be exceptions as all cultures and countries have different high seasons. The generally accepted international high season, based on Hyatt hotel occupancy across the board, is brought into consideration when offering these type of bonus offers. Also some offers are targeted to create business from sources normally not seen to give business to Hyatt (i.e. my wife, whose point total is 0).
Old Sep 30, 13, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I must have been targeted for the 2000 point promo and didn't realize it.

After my last stay, 2000 appeared in my account as a bonus.

Just as a follow-up to this, I found the email in my email folder mixed in with some other confirmations. I was targeted for 2k points. I only had 2 stays this year that were not an award.

Last edited by Mary2e; Oct 4, 13 at 8:16 am
Old Sep 30, 13, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
If you forget to lock your front door, do you "deserve" to be robbed?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: