Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
I don't think you read upthread, the suites were not available in inventory at all. Hyatt acknowledged this.

For me it was a big deal that they added the suites into inventory so that others could book them as well.

I wasn't commenting to your point that suites weren't available at all, but to the part that 10 nights as opposed to the actual desired night count was required. Sorry for ambiguity.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:47 am

Any idea if Andaz Maui has complimentary parking for Globalist award booking?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by johndoes
Any idea if Andaz Maui has complimentary parking for Globalist award booking?
Yup, Complimentary valet parking.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Globalist award booking here is really a good deal (and likely why they are trying to curtail it): free valet, waived resort fee, and a pretty good free breakfast.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by josephstern
Globalist award booking here is really a good deal (and likely why they are trying to curtail it): free valet, waived resort fee, and a pretty good free breakfast.
Add going offsite for meals, absent a spa visit and/or a day at the pool with some drinks/lunch, it’s a pretty unfavorable view from the hotel side considering the location, destination, and size of the hotel.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blitzkriegs

Add going offsite for meals, absent a spa visit and/or a day at the pool with some drinks/lunch, it’s a pretty unfavorable view from the hotel side considering the location, destination, and size of the hotel.
Well, that's where they get me, I guess. I always eat at Morimoto, and often have a dinner at Ka'Ana Kitchen (really one of the best restaurants in that part of Maui). And, generally, my wife and I get massages. I've tried a few off-property massages there and had pretty mixed results.

Side note: if anyone has a good rec for off-property massages, I'm all ears.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by canyonleo
I wasn't commenting to your point that suites weren't available at all, but to the part that 10 nights as opposed to the actual desired night count was required. Sorry for ambiguity.
No worries but for non globalists it makes staying here very hard as they would need the points for a 10 night stay vs 3 for example.

Still shoddy practice imo.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 11:21 am

This property plays games for sure because they require a 10 night minimum stay for awards...
Did they change this recently? I Have an award booking for three nights in Novemer which I made on the website a few months ago.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 1:44 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FlugE
Did they change this recently? I Have an award booking for three nights in Novemer which I made on the website a few months ago.
Yes, the number of nights one needs to book for an award stay changes periodically. I think if you scroll back through this thread, you'll see 3, 6, and 8 nights, in addition to the apparently current 10 night stay requirement.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
The problem is that guests shouldn't have to have 250000 or 300000 points to use 100000
Especially when a lot of people transfer UR points to Hyatt to use for award stays.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did the suite upgrade situation change here again?

I thought the current suite used for TSUs was the Pool Suite. But on the website, that's now a "specialty" suite, and the Andaz Suite is the only one that has in its description the word "standard."

Maybe I'm wrong, but my belief has always been that the TSU gets you into a "standard" suite.

In case it matters, I'm looking at dates in March, and the Pool Suite does cost more than the Andaz for my dates.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I also just see this note:

We are excited to be enhancing our property starting September 2019 with a projected completion in March 2021. During this time new villas are being constructed we expect the impact to be minimal to shared spaces. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our reservations department.
Doesn't sound great, but likely not too bad.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 7:14 pm

Did the suite upgrade situation change here again?

I thought the current suite used for TSUs was the Pool Suite. But on the website, that's now a "specialty" suite, and the Andaz Suite is the only one that has in its description the word "standard."

Maybe I'm wrong, but my belief has always been that the TSU gets you into a "standard" suite.

In case it matters, I'm looking at dates in March, and the Pool Suite does cost more than the Andaz for my dates.
My tsu booked into an andaz suite
Old Aug 9, 2019, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My tsu booked into an andaz suite
I've always had that as the end result, but I thought the Pool was standard and that I was getting an extra upgrade to Andaz.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Colin
oh my how rates have climbed. $1000/n for standard rooms in Feb!
If my only choice was between paying $1000/night to stay at the Andaz or stay home, I'd stay home. I'd have to be a Venture Capitalist who didn't give one fig about my expenses to pay that.

I admit that I haven't tested comprehensively, but this does appear to be correct, at least the 10 nights part.
Really? It's up to 10 night award minimum now? Who has 300,000 Hyatt points in their account at any given time? (I guess a few of you Globalists living at Hyatts. ). Has anyone complained to WoH about this? What was the response?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.