Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
@Danny, the only loading dock view is in the south wing (Henna?).

So, if one had a choice, I suppose the north wing would avoid the loading dock risk (not all east/non-ocean facing rooms in south wing are right on top of the dock).

@joseph, I find the mall is useful for the "convenience store" in the north parking lot (I keep mainland hours, so a light dinner of poke is one of my favorite things to pick up mid-day), the ice cream store in the mall lower level (is it Lapperts? If not, they have Lapperts ice cream which is really good, love the coffee flavor), and the ABC store (and it's competitor also right there near it). Also, the new restaurant connected to the convenience store is a "Monkey Pod type" place that I hear is good, opened last September I believe (I don't know for sure as I don't do formal dinners as noted).

To do the sort cut, starting in the lobby, walk to the north wing (can't remember if ground floor of the wing requires a one floor stair change from lobby... but I think the water station is one floor different than the lobby?), then walk all the way north to the end of the wing where there's a door. Out that door in the direction "more or less away from the water" there's the valet and employee lot, walk through that to the south and there's one or two "paths" cut into the bushes that leads to the Ulua Beach Access Lot driveway... take that up the hill to the main road sidewalk which allows passage south of Elua condos property and to the mall (parking lot).
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
Parking

Would someone please PM me details for the Khei parking option? I have an upcoming stay with my family but I can’t stomach the valet fees. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:38 pm

Why pm? That seems like useful information that everyone would want to have posted in this thread.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
Why pm? That seems like useful information that everyone would want to have posted in this thread.

I believe the owner of that information has sworn all told to secrecy, and all told so far have kept to his/her end of the agreement.
ZBigFam likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Could someone also PM me the parking information as well?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:46 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Just my two cents here
The parking is well managed here with hotel hired agents some who have been with the property since opening
I know we all hate to pay for parking but the valet folks are awesome here
Highly recommend you just spring and make you stay as pleasant as possible
Cut corners at other properties where you are truly tossing the money down the drain
Thankfully I used points so didn't have to pay on my last stay
Everyone was just fast efficient, friendly & seemed genuinely interested in us and where we were going and or dining at
Great team members and it just added to the stay to have the car in seconds when we needed it with a single call to valet
Have a great stay all
Colin, flyersky1 and faboi0us like this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:59 pm

Valet guys here are great. That said, waiting for 10 minutes for a car sucks (be it your fault for forgetting to call, bad timing getting your car during meal break, or just hitting a rush). And, paying like $30/day for parking sucks. And, I hate losing control of my car (forget a small item like a cable or phone in the car, one has to use valet just to run to the car to get an item).

Kihei option is so easy, for those that like to self-park, and save (hundreds of dollars on a longer stay).
flyersky1 and faboi0us like this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to clarify, I'm pretty sure the valet is only free for Globalists (or GoH from them) on points stays.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Just to clarify, I'm pretty sure the valet is only free for Globalists (or GoH from them) on points stays.

I'm certain it is. And, this isn't a property that tries to fight one for it, or tries to place the charge on the folio in hoping the guest won't catch it or doesn't know the rule, or uses a "third party management company" scam to make money.

For those (non-Diamonds) that like valet and are willing to pay for it, the service is excellent. And, for Diamonds that get it free, it can be a good choice (I used it my last trip and I was happy). But for others, self-parking off property might be preferred.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agreed. The service is great. I've only maybe once called down and had my car not be waiting for me.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, Star Alliance Gold, OneWorld Sapphire
Can someone also please PM me the Kihei parking tip?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:42 am

Same here could someone PM the Kihei parking tip as well? I am going next month and we plan on renting a car just for one day. We want to go do something things but the hotel rental will be closed when we come back. Usaully I would not mind paying for parking. But to pay to park then return the car 4 hours later kinda sucks. Thank you in advance.

Also is Mama Fish house worth the drive? We really just want to eat some fresh fish. Seems Pita Paradise has good fresh fish special as well.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think much of Mama's, but I'm in the minority.

Great fresh (raw) fish at Tamura's all over Maui. Don't be surprised that it's a liquor store. In the back they have great poke. Get two pounds and some taro chips and maybe fruit or veggies, and go to the beach with it. Best meal in Hawaii.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:42 pm

Thank you for the advice @josephstern! I really appreciate it. Was thinking of going to Foodland or Safeway did not even know about Tamura's. Looks great thanks again.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:24 pm

tko,
Look at PM.
Also, I'm in that minority that thinks Mama's is over-rated (it's great, but it's stupid expensive and far away even if one is doing Hana one should continue home on the loop / south road).

Tamura is very good (not sure that much better than fresh from markets, like the one in the Mall lot) - I make poke my dinner or lunch nearly every day (I go too bed too early to go out for formal dinner, and wake up well before dawn).

Pita Paradise is a favorite, too, but let's not put that in the same sentence as Mamas (noting, PP is one of my go to choices for nice plate lunch in Wailea... actually in Wailea as opposed to Kihei it might be the only choice)

One only needs Kihei parking option for overnight, for day parking one can get away with using the Ulua Beach Access Lot for an hour here and there (but don't do it for a full "not touching the car all day" day).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.