Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:36 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lisainny
same question here on the parking. would love to hear options vs valet.

also - any adults only area of the property. we are traveling solo this visit; and looking for a quiet zone. i guess quiet relates to adults as well.

hoping for relaxation in a beautiful spot with some interesting activities and good food.

researched using points/free nights but decided on $ with FHR.

thanks in advance!
The pool by the spa is adults only but has no view.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:14 pm

I am hearing mix replies on resort fee when paid with points. Anyone who has stayed here recently paid with full points can confirm if resort fee is charged?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by poisonsag
I am hearing mix replies on resort fee when paid with points. Anyone who has stayed here recently paid with full points can confirm if resort fee is charged?
There are no resort fees on award nights (per Hyatt T&C). The only exception is Hyatt Residence Clubs and Mlife properties, which obviously does not apply here. You're good!
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
I haven't paid much attention, but are the Mauka rooms new categories?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by poisonsag

I can confirm that the resort fee is waived when staying on full points.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by epost1980
I can confirm that the resort fee is waived when staying on full points.
Thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:03 pm

I know award availability at this hotel is spotty, but I thought it would be safe since I'm trying to book 6 nights. Still says "point stays are unavailable during these dates". This is mid January, so maybe high season. Should I try calling in or is the agent going to see same thing I see on the site?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:55 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by rbears
I know award availability at this hotel is spotty, but I thought it would be safe since I'm trying to book 6 nights. Still says "point stays are unavailable during these dates". This is mid January, so maybe high season. Should I try calling in or is the agent going to see same thing I see on the site?
They'd see the same thing, but I'd call in nevertheless. They can probably tell you quicker, when 6 consecutive nights would be available. I have done so when looking for TSU availability.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by rbears

Unfortunately, the resort sometimes (depends on timing) has 8 to 10 night stay requirement for points booking. Try expanding your search with 8 nights. Once you find availability, you can book the 8 night stay and call to reduce down to 6 if needed.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by epost1980
Unfortunately, the resort sometimes (depends on timing) has 8 to 10 night stay requirement for points booking. Try expanding your search with 8 nights. Once you find availability, you can book the 8 night stay and call to reduce down to 6 if needed.
CanyonLeo in post #2813 said is been reduced to 4. I tested 4 for future dates and it worked. But is definitely YMMV kind of situation.

Is all a game they are playing. I can't imagine expanding to 8 to 10 nights gives you a better chance to book using points. I would think it is less of a chance.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA Junkie / Hyatt Diamond (fine, Globalist)
Can someone PM me the Kihei parking option? Will be onsite next month for my second visit. First time was 3 years ago for the honeymoon.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So if I go all-points here, and I'm a Globulon, I'll get waived resort fees and free valet?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by josephstern
So if I go all-points here, and I'm a Globulon, I'll get waived resort fees and free valet?
Never a resort fee for points, no matter status.
Diamonds get free parking (but all the valet hassle) on all points stays.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:40 pm

Any tips on which specific Cabana to request if you have a baby? I heard there might be better ones where it’s safer for them to crawl around. (Sorry for bring a baby to the hotel if you’re staying there at the same time - she really doesn’t cry that much!)
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
I'll be doing my third visit with my child, did it at less than one year, two years, and now three years. One year (I think the first) I contemplated giving small gifts to the rooms near mine because she cried so much at odd hours, haha.

You want a cabana at the "beach" pool... the lowest (closest to the beach) one that has a walk in set up (what's this called)... where the pool replicates the ocean in that it's only an inch deep at first then gradually gets as deep as only like three feet for most of it (gets like five feet maybe at deepest?). The little babies/toddlers in swim diapers can crawl/walk in to the pool, and there's lots of kids with floaty/play-toys there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.