Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 5:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pickles1107
Poolside Suite is what I booked into with DSU for Feb.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on that one opening up. Makes sense as that one is the cheapest price.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by invalyd
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on that one opening up. Makes sense as that one is the cheapest price.
There are only 4 of them. Makes getting DSUs in more challenging.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:53 pm

Can anyone comment on the pool temps in Jan-Feb?
We were here last January and remember the lower pool with the shallow entrance down near Morimoto's to be pretty chilly. As we will be with our 2 year old and 1 year old again, this will be our pool of choice.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 1:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
We left yesterday and it's still cool. Unfortunately I think the lower pool actually is the warmest myself.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Trying to plan a return trip here, but all I get is 500 errors when using their site. Tried a few browsers.

Also, am I the only one who finds it strange that searches on andazmaui.com generate a pop-up window for competing hotels nearby with Roomkey?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by josephstern
Also, am I the only one who finds it strange that searches on andazmaui.com generate a pop-up window for competing hotels nearby with Roomkey?
The Roomkey popup is something that Hyatt has decided is a good idea... they have formed an alliance with a few competing brands to offer a joint ad. Extremely bad practice to annoy your customers with... but something they feel is worth a few extra bucks over customer satisfaction. One more reason to install an ad*blocker.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RTW1
The Roomkey popup is something that Hyatt has decided is a good idea... they have formed an alliance with a few competing brands to offer a joint ad. Extremely bad practice to annoy your customers with... but something they feel is worth a few extra bucks over customer satisfaction. One more reason to install an ad*blocker.
Right - I guess the only reason I'm noticing it today is that I tried in a private browsing window to see if Ghostery was part of the problem.

Don't want to pay this price? Stay at the Grand Wailea! Seriously?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA, Southwest
Can someone please tell me what a DSU is? I stayed at Andaz last February & loved it.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Diamond Suite Upgrade - Hyatt Diamond members get four per year to use for paid hotel stays.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 2:41 pm

Has anyone found points or p/c space for this property? I've looked on quite a few days and can't find anything.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Has anyone found points or p/c space for this property? I've looked on quite a few days and can't find anything.
I did both last stay, and I have all P&C coming up in Feb.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 7:44 am

I have a Points/Cash stay coming up in March. I planned my trip to take advantage of the availability. After I booked, P/C was still available, but as of yesterday it was no longer offered for my dates.

As a side note, what are the chances I can get upgraded from the P/C Garden Room?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by milemonkey

As a side note, what are the chances I can get upgraded from the P/C Garden Room?
If you are Diamond, I would say good odds, but don't leave it to chance, call a couple of times ahead of your check in and discuss your preferences.

I can't comment on odds for non-Diamonds, other than to guess it's unlikely, but again calling to ask and make a contact and then meeting that contact at check in would be my strategy.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
A bit of a random question.

I have the opportunity to book a poolside daybed for free for a couple of days during my stay in mid April, which will be from Monday to Sunday. I need to decide which days

I am writing off Monday and Sunday, because they won't be full days. I'm tempted to book it for our first and last full days, so Tuesday and Saturday. Does it sound sensible? :-)

And by the way, what are you experiences with the daybeds?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Just found one for my stay next week actually. Perfect timing since the last day to cancel my SPG res was today. Excited to be back here (minus the damn $40 resort fee).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.