Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:30 pm

Agree that Costco is terrific rental option. I needed a roomy car. Paid about $260 all in for Nissan Maxima (Avis).

Kind of agree about the patio furniture, but we had a ground floor suite and so there was a comfortable lounge chair as well. Had kids with us and it was a very convenient room by one of the pools.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Staying here on points 11-18 October and booked in a Garden Queen. I'm currently a Diamond member. Anyone know what the potential upgrade situation is like at this property? Occasionally, when staying in points I've been upgraded into King suites, Deluxe rooms, etc.

Just curious if anyone has had any luck here for upgrades when staying on points.

Thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 7:56 am

I'm planning a stay here in January on points.

Has anyone redeemed Hyatt gift cards for the room charges at check-out? I'm wondering as the acceptability of these at the property before I get some gift cards.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: DL GM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by DCATraveler
Staying here on points 11-18 October and booked in a Garden Queen. I'm currently a Diamond member. Anyone know what the potential upgrade situation is like at this property? Occasionally, when staying in points I've been upgraded into King suites, Deluxe rooms, etc.

Just curious if anyone has had any luck here for upgrades when staying on points.

Thanks!
We were just there last week staying on points (also diamond) and we were upgrade to a Deluxe Full Ocean View King on the 6th floor.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:19 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by ashap

Has anyone redeemed Hyatt gift cards for the room charges at check-out? I'm wondering as the acceptability of these at the property before I get some gift cards.
I'm sure the usage is not a problem since it is domestic US - allow some extra time at checkout since some agents are not well trained in how to do it and it could take a few minutes. I'm doing the same thing next week.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
I'm sure the usage is not a problem since it is domestic US - allow some extra time at checkout since some agents are not well trained in how to do it and it could take a few minutes. I'm doing the same thing next week.
Thanks! I imagine it wouldn't be difficult, but I also don't want to get stuck with these gift cards.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Thanks! I imagine it wouldn't be difficult, but I also don't want to get stuck with these gift cards.
I have actually emailed Andaz maui about gift cards and they do accept it. They said I can either tell them the gift card codes and they can apply to my acct/room now or just do it at check-out. I plan to just do it at check out; will mention it again when i check in and if their story changes, I have the email they sent to me as confirmation.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by canyonleo
You're not understanding the company in question... they're not a car rental company with their own cars, they are a reseller of Hertz, Avis, Enterprise, etc. - the same car rental companies you know. You get a Hertz or Avis or Enterprise or whichever confirmation number. You can call Hertz (or whichever) and use your confirmation number same as if you booked directly, Hertz (or whichever) won't even know you didn't book direct. You take the Hertz (or whichever) bus, arrive at the Hertz (or whichever) lot, and pick your car just as if you booked direct.

There is no surprise with the car, as if you rented from Wild E. Coyote's Acme Car Rental of Maui.
Oh okay -- that makes more sense. Thanks for the clarification!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by pickles1107
Got a stay starting here on DSU Saturday. Anyone with recent experiences on the Kihei parking option? If not, I will report back after my stay.
Also, previous comments indicate that as long as our vehicle is not in the valet lot overnight, you are not charged. If you are using the valet during the day, how do they know not to charge you?
Re: The parking. ...I believe they take inventory at night.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold

Redeemed five of them here. No problem whatsoever.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Originally Posted by LivelyFL
Re: The parking. ...I believe they take inventory at night.
I've probably posted enough info for the Andaz to identify me, but I believe the statute of limitations has passed... the count must have missed our car in the lot on two of the five nights we were there :-)
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by 318i
I've probably posted enough info for the Andaz to identify me, but I believe the statute of limitations has passed... the count must have missed our car in the lot on two of the five nights we were there :-)
I dunno... I got billed for a stay 6 months after I was there, so
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:02 pm

Programs: Hilton gold, delta gold, spg gold, , Hyatt diamond,
Hi. Can u please give me the details for the parking? Thank you
Old Aug 23, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by Hlnsa
Hi. Can u please give me the details for the parking? Thank you
The details are PM'd by its originator with the request that they not be posted.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by suite2suite
The details are PM'd by its originator with the request that they not be posted.
Hlnsa, see PM. Feel free to discuss or report on the Kihei Option for parking here, just don't copy paste the details here in fear that over-parking in the location will cause reaction by the neighbors or the authorities to make this option difficult or no longer "legal".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.