Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 27, 14, 11:08 pm
  #841  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: CVG
Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Posts: 1,451
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro View Post
Good question.

Even though we are a party of 4, we'll be having 2 Keikis ages 8 and 4 dine at each breakfast. Is there a kids section on the buffet? I suppose their kitchen could cook something made to order up.
It's all the same buffet, no special kids section. The kids will like one of the specialties maybe, a muffin with nutella in it. If not, this daddy sure does!
sam_goh is offline  
Old Mar 30, 14, 8:59 am
  #842  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Washington state
Programs: AA LT Gold
Posts: 246
What charge for kids?

Originally Posted by sam_goh View Post
It's all the same buffet, no special kids section. The kids will like one of the specialties maybe, a muffin with nutella in it. If not, this daddy sure does!
The question was or is, what charge or choices are there for small children. Paying the full breakfast buffet prices would be excessive for kids 7 and 2.
rkh29 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 14, 12:51 pm
  #843  
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: CVG
Posts: 15,229
Originally Posted by rkh29 View Post
The question was or is, what charge or choices are there for small children. Paying the full breakfast buffet prices would be excessive for kids 7 and 2.
Not sure if the occupancy in your room, if it's 2adults and 2children (and your reservation reflects such number), all would get the free breakfast. If it's 4adults and 2children, I'm sure the occupancy limit is exceeded.
peteropny is offline  
Old Mar 30, 14, 1:09 pm
  #844  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 18,686
Doing a quick google search did not come up with the prices charged for kids. Typically half price of adults at the Hyatt's we frequent.

I just came across detailed pictures of the buffet at Ka'ana kitchen. The breakfast dishes look exquisitely prepared!

http://boardingarea.com/mommypoints/...e-restaurants/
Ancien Maestro is offline  
Old Mar 30, 14, 4:19 pm
  #845  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: CVG
Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Posts: 1,451
Originally Posted by rkh29 View Post
The question was or is, what charge or choices are there for small children. Paying the full breakfast buffet prices would be excessive for kids 7 and 2.
Sorry, thought AM was wondering if there were different buffet options. @AM - we didn't have to sign anything on 3/5 breakfasts and on the 2/5, we were not charged for the kids (9&4).
sam_goh is offline  
Old Mar 31, 14, 9:54 pm
  #846  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 18,686
Originally Posted by sam_goh View Post
Sorry, thought AM was wondering if there were different buffet options. @AM - we didn't have to sign anything on 3/5 breakfasts and on the 2/5, we were not charged for the kids (9&4).
You initially answered correctly. I was wondering if there was a Keiki section for the kids. Although some items could become redundant at some buffets we've frequented in the Hawaiian Islands.

I assume no charge for kids of Diamonds, so long its up to 4 people in the room. Hopefully, someone who isn't a Diamond can comment how much Ka'ana charges for kids at the breakfast buffet.
Ancien Maestro is offline  
Old Apr 11, 14, 4:34 pm
  #847  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Posts: 14,686
I wonder how this hotel is doing. Since I first started looking in January, rates for a stay at Andaz Maui in August have dropped by over 40%!

Sure hope they don't make any radical revenue-enhancing changes before we get there.
hailstorm is offline  
Old Apr 11, 14, 8:22 pm
  #848  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Programs: HHonors Diamond, DL PM
Posts: 123
I just checked in this afternoon and so far, everything is just as said in this thread, diamond breakfast, etc. There doesn't seem to be too many people here though, so who knows what happens in the future.
biosurfer1 is offline  
Old Apr 11, 14, 9:45 pm
  #849  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 18,686
Originally Posted by canyonleo View Post
There are a few options for free self-parking (along the south side of the Fairmont using the shuttle or the "Kehei Option". One need not justify paying $200 for a week of parking because of "no resort fee".

Do not park overnight at the mall!!
I believe the last person to report on parking across village at the tennis courts noted he received a warning ticket.
Fairmont now has a resort fee, and a self/valet parking fee. Things indeed changed over the years there as well. Whereabouts the south side of Fairmont is the free parking. I'm assuming its not on the Fairmont property itself.
Ancien Maestro is offline  
Old Apr 12, 14, 10:21 am
  #850  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 771
anything special for a low platinum on this property? will be staying there in July - waiting on my UR points to post so i can redeem one more night of 5 nights
jordandawg05 is offline  
Old Apr 13, 14, 6:11 am
  #851  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SRQ - Sarasota, Florida
Programs: United 1k | Hyatt Diamond?, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime) | IHG Platinum | Avis Chairman
Posts: 307
Originally Posted by jordandawg05 View Post
anything special for a low platinum on this property? will be staying there in July - waiting on my UR points to post so i can redeem one more night of 5 nights
Cannot speak to Platinum GP benefits but I can speak to the fact you will enjoy it. Beautiful property. Beautiful location. Accommodating and friendly staff. And you're in Hawaii, don't focus on comps, have fun and relax.
jisaac is offline  
Old Apr 13, 14, 11:32 am
  #852  
Senior Moderator, Moderator: United MileagePlus & FlyerTalk Cares
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1.7 MM/Plat; AS MVP 75K; AA gold; Fairmont & Starwood platinum; Hyatt diamond; Kimpton IC Elite
Posts: 17,364
Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
I wonder how this hotel is doing. Since I first started looking in January, rates for a stay at Andaz Maui in August have dropped by over 40%!

Sure hope they don't make any radical revenue-enhancing changes before we get there.
What kind of rates are you seeing? I only looked at a couple of dates in August, but am seeing lowest rates consistent with what they were on my stays earlier this year and late last year ~$400.
l'etoile is offline  
Old Apr 13, 14, 3:23 pm
  #853  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Posts: 14,686
Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
What kind of rates are you seeing? I only looked at a couple of dates in August, but am seeing lowest rates consistent with what they were on my stays earlier this year and late last year ~$400.
When I was looking at this hotel in mid-February, the MyElite rate for the base room in mid-August was $599. Today, the ME rate for that same room is $359.20.

Previously I booked with C&P, and have been debating whether or not to rebook at this rate and get my points back. But the decision was made for me due to using the last of last year's DSUs on the reservation, which I will lose for good if I were even to change to a different reservation on the same dates.
hailstorm is offline  
Old Apr 13, 14, 6:10 pm
  #854  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 771
Originally Posted by jisaac View Post
Cannot speak to Platinum GP benefits but I can speak to the fact you will enjoy it. Beautiful property. Beautiful location. Accommodating and friendly staff. And you're in Hawaii, don't focus on comps, have fun and relax.
Thanks ! yeah i guess i shouldn't worry about it too much but want to set my expectations heheh ..

waiting on the rest of my points this week to see if i can book one more night on C+P.

how many of you book C+P? you guys think they are a good value ?

one more thing, can i book a suite on points or C+P? i only saw standard room when i looked online.
jordandawg05 is offline  
Old Apr 13, 14, 6:32 pm
  #855  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Posts: 14,686
Originally Posted by jordandawg05 View Post
one more thing, can i book a suite on points or C+P? i only saw standard room when i looked online.
I think that you have to call in to book a suite with points (minimum three night stay)

You can only book a base room with C&P. You can use a DSU to upgrade to a suite, but you cannot use points to do the same.
hailstorm is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread