Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Good question.

Even though we are a party of 4, we'll be having 2 Keikis ages 8 and 4 dine at each breakfast. Is there a kids section on the buffet? I suppose their kitchen could cook something made to order up.
It's all the same buffet, no special kids section. The kids will like one of the specialties maybe, a muffin with nutella in it. If not, this daddy sure does!
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
What charge for kids?

Originally Posted by sam_goh
It's all the same buffet, no special kids section. The kids will like one of the specialties maybe, a muffin with nutella in it. If not, this daddy sure does!
The question was or is, what charge or choices are there for small children. Paying the full breakfast buffet prices would be excessive for kids 7 and 2.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 12:51 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by rkh29
The question was or is, what charge or choices are there for small children. Paying the full breakfast buffet prices would be excessive for kids 7 and 2.
Not sure if the occupancy in your room, if it's 2adults and 2children (and your reservation reflects such number), all would get the free breakfast. If it's 4adults and 2children, I'm sure the occupancy limit is exceeded.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 1:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Doing a quick google search did not come up with the prices charged for kids. Typically half price of adults at the Hyatt's we frequent.

I just came across detailed pictures of the buffet at Ka'ana kitchen. The breakfast dishes look exquisitely prepared!

http://boardingarea.com/mommypoints/...e-restaurants/
Old Mar 30, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by rkh29
Sorry, thought AM was wondering if there were different buffet options. @AM - we didn't have to sign anything on 3/5 breakfasts and on the 2/5, we were not charged for the kids (9&4).
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Sorry, thought AM was wondering if there were different buffet options. @AM - we didn't have to sign anything on 3/5 breakfasts and on the 2/5, we were not charged for the kids (9&4).
You initially answered correctly. I was wondering if there was a Keiki section for the kids. Although some items could become redundant at some buffets we've frequented in the Hawaiian Islands.

I assume no charge for kids of Diamonds, so long its up to 4 people in the room. Hopefully, someone who isn't a Diamond can comment how much Ka'ana charges for kids at the breakfast buffet.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I wonder how this hotel is doing. Since I first started looking in January, rates for a stay at Andaz Maui in August have dropped by over 40%!

Sure hope they don't make any radical revenue-enhancing changes before we get there.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, DL PM
I just checked in this afternoon and so far, everything is just as said in this thread, diamond breakfast, etc. There doesn't seem to be too many people here though, so who knows what happens in the future.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canyonleo
There are a few options for free self-parking (along the south side of the Fairmont using the shuttle or the "Kehei Option". One need not justify paying $200 for a week of parking because of "no resort fee".

Do not park overnight at the mall!!
I believe the last person to report on parking across village at the tennis courts noted he received a warning ticket.
Fairmont now has a resort fee, and a self/valet parking fee. Things indeed changed over the years there as well. Whereabouts the south side of Fairmont is the free parking. I'm assuming its not on the Fairmont property itself.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:21 am

anything special for a low platinum on this property? will be staying there in July - waiting on my UR points to post so i can redeem one more night of 5 nights
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:11 am

Programs: United 1k | Hyatt Diamond?, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime) | IHG Platinum | Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by jordandawg05
anything special for a low platinum on this property? will be staying there in July - waiting on my UR points to post so i can redeem one more night of 5 nights
Cannot speak to Platinum GP benefits but I can speak to the fact you will enjoy it. Beautiful property. Beautiful location. Accommodating and friendly staff. And you're in Hawaii, don't focus on comps, have fun and relax.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 11:32 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I wonder how this hotel is doing. Since I first started looking in January, rates for a stay at Andaz Maui in August have dropped by over 40%!

Sure hope they don't make any radical revenue-enhancing changes before we get there.
What kind of rates are you seeing? I only looked at a couple of dates in August, but am seeing lowest rates consistent with what they were on my stays earlier this year and late last year ~$400.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by l'etoile
What kind of rates are you seeing? I only looked at a couple of dates in August, but am seeing lowest rates consistent with what they were on my stays earlier this year and late last year ~$400.
When I was looking at this hotel in mid-February, the MyElite rate for the base room in mid-August was $599. Today, the ME rate for that same room is $359.20.

Previously I booked with C&P, and have been debating whether or not to rebook at this rate and get my points back. But the decision was made for me due to using the last of last year's DSUs on the reservation, which I will lose for good if I were even to change to a different reservation on the same dates.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by jisaac
Cannot speak to Platinum GP benefits but I can speak to the fact you will enjoy it. Beautiful property. Beautiful location. Accommodating and friendly staff. And you're in Hawaii, don't focus on comps, have fun and relax.
Thanks ! yeah i guess i shouldn't worry about it too much but want to set my expectations heheh ..

waiting on the rest of my points this week to see if i can book one more night on C+P.

how many of you book C+P? you guys think they are a good value ?

one more thing, can i book a suite on points or C+P? i only saw standard room when i looked online.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jordandawg05
one more thing, can i book a suite on points or C+P? i only saw standard room when i looked online.
I think that you have to call in to book a suite with points (minimum three night stay)

You can only book a base room with C&P. You can use a DSU to upgrade to a suite, but you cannot use points to do the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.