Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by canyonleo
I can comment on two things (noting that I stayed at Andaz last year and GW over eight years ago). IMO...

First, with regard to beach and reef (I saw the pools twice in my two week stay - I'm in the ocean the whole day not on the property) they are fairly equal. I think Ulua+Mokapu is a little better than Wailea, but in general it's pretty equal.

Second, with regard to the properties, Andaz is much smaller and more intimate than Grand Wailea (which is quite grand). I think this is a big point of differentiation - one is a small boutique type property and one is a larger resort type property.
Thanks, goes in line with what I was thinking. I suppose I can't go wrong at either hotel if I keep my expectations in check and focus on relaxing!
Old Feb 28, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
has anyone receive 4 pm late check out from this property?
Old Feb 28, 2014, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
What is the "best" suite this hotel has to offer? Is there anything akin to a Presidential Suite or such?
Old Feb 28, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by hailstorm
What is the "best" suite this hotel has to offer? Is there anything akin to a Presidential Suite or such?
I haven't seen anything other than the 2, 3 & 4 bedroom ocean front villas and these are rented directly from the hotel. They are quite large.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 8:54 pm

I am interested in the complimentary outrigger canoe excursion. Do I make reservations for this when I check in, or do I just show up at a certain location in the morning?
Old Feb 28, 2014, 9:11 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
We asked at check-in and they made reservations for us. There's only room for six paddlers; walk-ups are not likely.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by xuni4everx
has anyone receive 4 pm late check out from this property?
Yes, as diamond.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Staying there for 4 nights next month, also Diamond upgrade. This is my first Diamond stay at a Hyatt.

How do you choose the Diamond welcome amenity? Is it upon check-in or do you choose it ahead of time? Also, I want to make sure I don't run into surprises. I've read that the hotel provides free local transportation via an SUV shuttle to certain destinations and also a free canoe excursion? Just ask the concierge?

Finally, I was expecting the bottomless mimosas and custom juices at breakfast, but the above post has me a little discouraged. Any other thoughts on this?
^ Will be there next month as well, looking forward to experience as a Diamond and hoping to get upgrade to full ocean view.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:47 am

planning a 4 nights stay in july. i am waiting on my certificates after i meet my spent on my hyatt card. With platinum status, what should one expect from this property?

what is best way to go about reserving two night certificate and two nights on points? should i call reservation to combine the two?

thanks !
Old Mar 1, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by andyman1080
Yes, as diamond.
I was told "no 4 pm late check out" as diamond. I guess this property is consider as "Resort"
Old Mar 2, 2014, 7:24 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I asked for 2 p.m. late checkout and was given it without any issue.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: WN A+ & CP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond, *wood Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I asked for 2 p.m. late checkout and was given it without any issue.
We were also given a 2pm late checkout. We had an 11pm flight. So we had the bellman hold our bags for the afternoon and went to the pool. We then used the departure suite (cannot remember the name) to shower/change/pack. Then went to dinner and relaxed before our 830 departure to the airport.

With the departure suite available checkout time was not a huge issue.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:15 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by jordandawg05
planning a 4 nights stay in july. i am waiting on my certificates after i meet my spent on my hyatt card. With platinum was, what should one expect from this property?

what is best way to go about reserving two night certificate and two nights on points? should i call reservation to combine the two?

thanks !
Calling is best - otherwise you'd end up with 3 confirmations since the credit card nights need to be booked individually.

I was told "no 4 pm late check out" as diamond. I guess this property is consider as "Resort"
4PM isn't guaranteed for resorts but they may grant it if not busy / no new guest blocked into your room that night. Different property but at GHK, I was given a 2pm in a partial ocean view since there were people coming in but last Sept was given 4pm on a deluxe ocean suite since no one was scheduled to come in.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by andyman1080
Yes, as diamond.
Sounds like its upon availability

I sure can use a late checkout tail end of our stay in late August. I hope the hotel can accommodate us at the very least a 2 pm checkout. Makes the transition between Andaz and GW smoother.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat Elite, BA Gold
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I am interested in the complimentary outrigger canoe excursion. Do I make reservations for this when I check in, or do I just show up at a certain location in the morning?
We reserved via the Beach Crew hut which is down by the beach.

You can go at 7 am or 7.30am. Note the early start tends to mean than the turtles aren't very active yet (especially in winter).

There's a $20 per person charge if you're a no show or forget to cancel more than 24 hours ahead (or maybe it was 48 hours?).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.