FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

sam_goh Feb 18, 2014 11:59 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 22367578)
I promised my wife we would get an Ocean View Suite... how bad will she feel if we get one with a view blocked by trees or buildings!

I see most people using DSU getting the Partial Ocean View suite. Has anybody gotten the full Ocean View suite?

I think the question is how bad will you feel after she gets done with you :) It's going to depend very heavily on if you are going on peak season. If you want a full ocean view guaranteed, you may have to pay to upgrade.

The suite views vary dramatically, some of the lower floors are so bad, I'd trade down to a regular room with a view imo.

sam_goh Feb 18, 2014 12:00 pm

And for those of you booking for Christmas 2014, this property seems to have a SEVEN night minimum up till the 1st of 2015 :confused:

suite2suite Feb 18, 2014 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by milemonkey (Post 22367821)
As a Platinum checking in next week using two free Chase nights and two nights booked through Ultimate Rewards I would be happy with ANY suite. Any ideas how I can get one given it is our 25th anniversary?

If you wait until you're at the front desk, your chances will be slim to none.
But if you're lucky, the ocean view suite will be like winning the lottery.
Hope you get it.

oc2005 Feb 18, 2014 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh (Post 22371464)
And for those of you booking for Christmas 2014, this property seems to have a SEVEN night minimum up till the 1st of 2015 :confused:

Yeah and for some of the days they want even longer (8 days minimum or more!) In the end I was able to book the exact 7 nights I wanted at the pre-devaluation award level, but it took over a month of working with a very nice reservations manager at the hotel, and barely making the February 15th deadline to change pre-devaluation award stays!

I've also noticed all stays around then seem to now have no cancellations allowed at all -- crazy!

sam_goh Feb 19, 2014 3:43 pm

@oc2005 - HR Maui has a 6 night minimum during this time frame. We didn't get to explore Kanaapali much last time and the HR was more kid friendly for our younger ones. Decided to do 6 there and 2 here, instead of 7 or 8 @ the Andaz and 1/none at the HR. We'll be in the area Dec 26 - Jan 3rd, last 2 nights at the Andaz. Yell if you want to get together for a drink :)

frogss29 Feb 19, 2014 4:28 pm

If you are using points for a stay here, do you still pay the valet parking fee? Just thought MAYBE that was waived like resort fees are with point stays. :p

jayer Feb 19, 2014 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by frogss29 (Post 22380045)
If you are using points for a stay here, do you still pay the valet parking fee? Just thought MAYBE that was waived like resort fees are with point stays. :p

Not waived for us last fall.

frogss29 Feb 19, 2014 5:16 pm

Thought that, but worth asking :)

oc2005 Feb 19, 2014 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh (Post 22379770)
@oc2005 - HR Maui has a 6 night minimum during this time frame. We didn't get to explore Kanaapali much last time and the HR was more kid friendly for our younger ones. Decided to do 6 there and 2 here, instead of 7 or 8 @ the Andaz and 1/none at the HR. We'll be in the area Dec 26 - Jan 3rd, last 2 nights at the Andaz. Yell if you want to get together for a drink :)

Thanks for the invite! But unfortunately we don't overlap since we're heading out well before you get to the Andaz. Last year we did 7 at the HR and 4 at the Andaz, but we liked the Andaz so much, this year we're doing 7 and 7. They definitely made me jump through some hoops to book the nights I wanted using my pre-devaluation point bookings though -- I can't blame them too much when I look at the cash rates they're charging then ($2K a night for a suite!)

ac921ol Feb 19, 2014 9:08 pm

edit again

Just booked the hotel, its our 1 year wedding anniversary, should I pay the $75 per night upgrade for 'Andaz Partial Ocean View King' or Email the GM and ask for room with an ocean view.

Im thinking I should first ask the GM and see what happens and then pay for the upgrade when arrive if I cant get it.

we are traveling Sept 4-6 only 2 nights, what time of the season is that peak? non-peak? Im assuming non-peak

milemonkey Feb 20, 2014 7:34 pm

Do the Pool Suites have one and one-half baths? How would you rate these rooms over a "regular" Partial Ocean View room?

sam_goh Feb 20, 2014 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by milemonkey (Post 22387846)
Do the Pool Suites have one and one-half baths? How would you rate these rooms over a "regular" Partial Ocean View room?

You may find this video helpful (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3iFjXGnZRU). Suites are considerably larger. I wouldn't do a pool suite however, as they're mostly not very private.

hailstorm Feb 23, 2014 3:04 pm

Still plenty of cash and points dates (and corresponding diamond suite upgrade availability) to be had. I just changed around my dates no problemo.

HR Waikiki is a very different story... :(

DaveInLA Feb 23, 2014 3:14 pm

Going in 4 weeks. Never been to a luau before... any suggestions? I know the Grand Wailea has one but what about the Andaz? Does this resort host a luau? If not, which nearby one is best?

FlyinHawaiian Feb 23, 2014 4:00 pm

No luau at the Andaz (IMO, this is a good thing).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawai...ui-thread.html