FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

FlyinHawaiian Feb 2, 14 11:33 am


Originally Posted by hqly2001 (Post 22270394)
When you go to the breakfast buffet, do you need to tell them you are a diamond or just get the buffet and charge it to the room and they'll take care of the charges at th[e] end?


Originally Posted by l'etoile (Post 22271285)
The host will ask for your name and room number and will see your status. You will sign the check. Charges will not appear on your final bill.

The charge for our breakfast from our last day at the Andaz did show up on our bill; it was a simple matter for them to remove it when I checked out, but people might want to keep an eye out for that.

Here's a floor plan of the top floor of the Makai Wing, showing where the suites are. The suites on the far right are the 39/40 rooms.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...91964589_n.jpg

And here's an example of a whale sighting from a room to give folks an idea of how close they are.

https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/...72712745_n.jpg

heatheresq Feb 2, 14 2:15 pm


Originally Posted by l'etoile (Post 22271564)
As I posted yesterday, mimosas are currently included. I'm sure this could change at anytime so you may want to confirm at ordering. Cost is $15 pp.

Thanks and sorry I missed that!

hailstorm Feb 2, 14 3:08 pm


Originally Posted by l'etoile (Post 22271564)
As I posted yesterday, mimosas are currently included. I'm sure this could change at anytime so you may want to confirm at ordering. Cost is $15 pp.

In Japan, a mimosa is a type of tree. So I honestly have no idea what people are talking about here. :confused:

lawyertalk Feb 2, 14 3:20 pm


Originally Posted by hailstorm (Post 22272904)
In Japan, a mimosa is a type of tree. So I honestly have no idea what people are talking about here. :confused:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mimosa&l=1

heatheresq Feb 2, 14 3:33 pm


Originally Posted by lawyertalk (Post 22272963)

How did I not know about this!

hqly2001 Feb 2, 14 7:32 pm

The pads are only in suites right?

hqly2001 Feb 3, 14 7:15 pm

Are the diamond brakfast deducted each day or at the end of the stay? The in room portfolio doesnt show a credit. It also shows 4 parkng charges while ive only been here fir 2 days. Weird...

tothetrail Feb 4, 14 7:02 am


Originally Posted by heatheresq (Post 22271372)
How does the valet distinguish daytime parking guests from overnight? Do they ask if you will be parking overnight? Or at the end of your stay did you just tell the desk that you did not park overnight?

From what they told me, and from how it did actually work when I was there, as long as they don't have your keys overnight, you don't get charged for valet that night. They only charged me when the car was there overnight.

nic3456 Feb 4, 14 11:02 am

If I have 2 rooms booked under me and I'm Diamond would all 4 adults get free breakfast or do all 4 have to be in the same room?

sam_goh Feb 4, 14 12:03 pm


Originally Posted by nic3456 (Post 22284980)
If I have 2 rooms booked under me and I'm Diamond would all 4 adults get free breakfast or do all 4 have to be in the same room?

It's generally up to individual property to decide, but during my trip in December they did comp for both rooms.

travelista1 Feb 4, 14 10:13 pm

Any recommendations for a garden suite?
 
I love the private lounge chairs on the grassy patches at the ground level, but they don't look very private. Any recommendations on which wing/floor would be best for this i.e. more private, but still with a partial ocean view? It's hard to tell what level these are on. It looked like maybe the Akau/Akai (sp?) tower may have better garden level suites? I am planning to use diamond suite awards. Thank you for all the information thus far! I have read all 47 posts. :)

coffee18 Feb 6, 14 8:34 pm

In case anyone has missed it, Google Maps has a very comprehensive street view of inside the Andaz Maui, including both suites and queen/2 double rooms, lobby, Morimoto, pool area, etc. Property looks great, images seem new.

dlandz Feb 6, 14 9:16 pm

Here are a few pictures from my stay. I stayed there 2 weeks ago, used suite upgrades and the manager was nice and put us in the full-view ocean suite (The last 2 rooms at the end on each floor appear to be the full-view). I enjoyed it very much and the breakfast with bottomless mimosa's was a great start to every day. The suite was slightly smaller than other Andaz I have stayed in the past, but overall nothing bad to say. Best foods in Hawaii were the fruit (pineapple was incredible) and Sushi (silky smooth)
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...47033200_o.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...03035008_o.jpg
https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...68884876_o.jpg
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...40785489_o.jpg
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...57436304_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...19853776_n.jpg

DaveInLA Feb 6, 14 9:49 pm

I'm doing the Diamond Challenge and booked 4 nights for March on points (22K/night, pre-devaluation).

Now I'm wondering if I should cancel and re-book on points + cash. It's 12.5K + $150 per night, which comes up to be 50K + $600. However, because points + cash nights are "eligible", I would get 1000 pts/night for these 4 nights and I'd get points for the cash portion. Total credit would be about 9K, so it's like spending 41K points + $600. At this rate, it would be like buying Hyatt points at 1.27c each, which isn't spectacular, BUT my understanding is that it would allow me to use the free suite upgrades. Is this worth it? It's just going to be me and my wife so a suite isn't necessary by any means.

Ancien Maestro Feb 6, 14 10:02 pm


Originally Posted by travelista1 (Post 22288798)
I love the private lounge chairs on the grassy patches at the ground level, but they don't look very private. Any recommendations on which wing/floor would be best for this i.e. more private, but still with a partial ocean view? It's hard to tell what level these are on. It looked like maybe the Akau/Akai (sp?) tower may have better garden level suites? I am planning to use diamond suite awards. Thank you for all the information thus far! I have read all 47 posts. :)

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Can you see ocean from the from the p o Andaz Suites in the Akau/Akai tower?


Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 22302350)
I'm doing the Diamond Challenge and booked 4 nights for March on points (22K/night, pre-devaluation).

Now I'm wondering if I should cancel and re-book on points + cash. It's 12.5K + $150 per night, which comes up to be 50K + $600. However, because points + cash nights are "eligible", I would get 1000 pts/night for these 4 nights and I'd get points for the cash portion. Total credit would be about 9K, so it's like spending 41K points + $600. At this rate, it would be like buying Hyatt points at 1.27c each, which isn't spectacular, BUT my understanding is that it would allow me to use the free suite upgrades. Is this worth it? It's just going to be me and my wife so a suite isn't necessary by any means.

C+P+DSU+qualifying night for the Diamond Challenge is the way to go. Suites aren't necessary but is certainly is nice. When in Wailea, its a definite plus to have a suite.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:32 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.