Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2013, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA (EXP), HH (Diamond), SPG (Platinum), HGP (Diamond), National Car (Exec Elite)
Currently on property (look for beached whale by the pool).

First impressions:

Entry and lobby are grand and beautiful. Having the lobby on the 5th floor and being able to look down to the infinity pools and beach is awesome. I loved the casual checkin process where u relax on the comfortable couches enjoying the view while an employee uses an ipad to check you in. Great start.

Underwhelming room! Using Diamond suite award or upgrade gets u partial ocean view. Like someone said, it's the lower floor suites. We got room 140 (Andaz Suite) which only thanks to being 6'5" can I see the ocean; because the room is at the height of the villas between the hotel and beach. I can barely see over the villas. I asked for a higher floor but they were booked in those rooms, so they say. They did say they would be able to change me the second night (currently waiting on the call). The room itself is nice, but not "wowing". I like the high tech stuff (ipad, lights, shades, toilet) but this day and age that is just where everything is going.

Staff is awesome. Always making sure you are ok.

Breakfast buffet at Ka'ana Kitchen is EXCELLENT! Best freebie ever. Feel guilty.....almost. Had lunch at the pool bar yesterday and loved it. Food so far is fabulous, maybe slightly overpriced.

Went off site for dinner to a nice bistro in Kihei, 808 Bistro. Reasonable priced local food with byob.

So far so good, just don't like room. Also, overcast days lately.

Feel free to ask questions.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
No need to worry about safety in snorkeling (assuming you're not holding a bloody catch bag on a day shortly following heavy rains)... it's like being afraid of flying because one is afraid of dying in a U.S. commercial air crash - about a zero as it gets.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 12:24 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Originally Posted by funtrainsf
Currently on property (look for beached whale by the pool).

Breakfast buffet at Ka'ana Kitchen is EXCELLENT! Best freebie ever. Feel guilty.....almost. Had lunch at the pool bar yesterday and loved it. Food so far is fabulous, maybe slightly overpriced.

Feel free to ask questions.
Sweet. Can't wait to visit next month. How much is the breakfast buffet for those non-diamond members?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 4:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by fishy21
Sweet. Can't wait to visit next month. How much is the breakfast buffet for those non-diamond members?
I'd like to know also.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fishy21
Originally Posted by LivelyFL
I'd like to know also.
$45 per adult.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, A3*G, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Lufthansa Frequent Traveller
Just came back last night from a four night stay.

Was upgraded to Andaz Suite (Room 618) using diamond certificate.
I think our room was on the higher floor because the suite upgrade was confirmed in September. Also, because they messed up on my request of the Andaz Pool Suite.
Although it was confirmed with the hotel and they knew we had a five year old, they failed to mention that I could not get the Pool Suite since it's connected to an Adults only pool.
Only found out that room was reassigned after we got to the room and phoned the front desk. Should've been communicated prior but the Andaz Suite was better anyways. The pool suite is situated in a way that people walking by can look into the room. By the way, one of the rooms had two kids around 7,8 years old in it so I wonder what the actual policy was?

Dined at Morimotos for Thanksgiving dinner and the chef was at the restaurant overseeing the kitchen.
Took advantage of the complimentary kid's program and took the free shuttle to Grand Wailea for a couple's massage.

The property was at about 80% capacity over the Thanksgiving weekend so it was not busy like the other typical Hawaii resorts.

Overall, great property with great service but few issues with front desk at check-in and check-out.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: AA (EXP), HH (Diamond), SPG (Platinum), HGP (Diamond), National Car (Exec Elite)
Yup $45 plus tax for non-diamonds for the buffet. There are like 5 a la carte options too.

After the first night we were moved to room 723 which is way better. Top floor Andaz Suite with full view of ocean (even though they call it partial). Everything is fine now.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:47 am

Yup $45 plus tax for non-diamonds for the buffet. There are like 5 a la carte options too.

After the first night we were moved to room 723 which is way better. Top floor Andaz Suite with full view of ocean (even though they call it partial). Everything is fine now.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 5:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
The breakfast is easily one of the best in the Hyatt repertoire, and that is comparing Park Hyatt Paris, PH Maldives, and Olive 8 ! Great concept with the open kitchen theme. Morimoto was delicious, had sushi, the full head on crispy fish and the humongous pork chop. Oh, and definitely have the lobster grilled cheese at the pool bar, unreal.

Granted, they have only been open a few months now, there are many inconsistencies. One day, no snacks replaced, another no coffee, one day water at night but none on the other nights, no hanging swing on the lanai - was told it was a contractor issue. We had a Sonos speaker but no iPad, engineering had to come up to deliver one and connect to the Sonos.

The staff here is exceptional and will go out of their way to make sure you are happy and comfortable, and that makes all the difference.

If you do not want to pay for valet, you can find spots available in the Town Center parking lot, I did not see any posted signs regarding towing.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 5:55 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
I dont even think we had a Sonos or an iPad. Some people got slippers in their rooms, we had to ask for ours. We did get water bottles, though some also received a beach bag it seems.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Have there been enough data points to suggest whether Diamond benefits (e.g. breakfast) get (un)officially granted to a second room on a rev/award stay?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, A3*G, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Lufthansa Frequent Traveller
Originally Posted by booyaa
I dont even think we had a Sonos or an iPad. Some people got slippers in their rooms, we had to ask for ours. We did get water bottles, though some also received a beach bag it seems.

Their customer service is excellent, but there seems to be inconsistency when it comes to providing amenities. We also had to ask for slippers and water bottles and they came in an eco bag we didn't ask for.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:27 pm

We got the water bottle (very cool ones I would say) and tote/net bag with baggage delivery. Any employee will refill water bottles when you need, we got a carafe of water every night with turndown service, and the bag is useful for carrying your pool needs.

Had Sonos in first room, but didn't work. Engineering fixed it next day prior to our move. Second room didn't have Sonos. Didn't ask for it.

Never saw slippers.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by qmiles321
Their customer service is excellent, but there seems to be inconsistency when it comes to providing amenities. We also had to ask for slippers and water bottles and they came in an eco bag we didn't ask for.
Slippers? I love slippers! None in our suite.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
Slippers? I love slippers! None in our suite.
Apparently they were supposed to give you one at check-in or when the bellman assists you with the luggage.

I usually don't use bell service (since I don't want to tip unnecessarily ) but was kinda forced to use the service but no slippers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.