Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2021, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by friedablass
Maybe it would be possible for the OP to ask them to split the reservation to 4 and 1?
For sure, but then they won't apply the suite upgrade, IME. If you have contiguous reservations, you have to upgrade all days in both, supposedly.

You could try to get around that by upgrading when you only have one reservation - but then you run the risks of getting that one-day reservation.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 2:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
For sure, but then they won't apply the suite upgrade, IME. If you have contiguous reservations, you have to upgrade all days in both, supposedly.

You could try to get around that by upgrading when you only have one reservation - but then you run the risks of getting that one-day reservation.
Then there would be obviously no point in splitting if they still need to have upgrade space for 5 nights. Either way, I hope the OP can somehow find a way to work this out.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 6:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by Kacee
Walking through the lobby after lunch at Morimoto today, we saw a Southwest crew checking in. Pretty sure WN is not paying >$800 per night for its crews. Certainly an interesting revenue management philosophy (which some might call price gouging) in play here.
Noticed what looked like a WN flight attendant 2 nights ago but wasn't completely sure. This morning saw about 4-5 and ID'd the outfits + flight pins, definitely WN crew. Which begs the question of why are they staying here 1) the cost but 2) doesn't WN save money by not having any crew on the ground overnight (fly back and forth the mainland) and not doing redeyes? Or maybe that's just the mechanics end, and some WN crew that exceed flight times do stay.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 11:38 am

Quick question. I will be staying at the Andaz in a week and am wondering if anyone has used the spa provided there with current COVID conditions. Is it worth it without the apothecary or bath soak rituals?
Old Aug 18, 2021, 11:41 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by ccww19
Quick question. I will be staying at the Andaz in a week and am wondering if anyone has used the spa provided there with current COVID conditions. Is it worth it without the apothecary or bath soak rituals?
Back in February I used the spa and it wasn't worth it for me. The mask mandate during the massage(face down) was quite uncomfortable, breathing was difficult and almost triggered panic attack. In hindsight, I probably should have ended the treatment on the spot.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got a massage there in March, with the mask mandate, and still a great massage.

For me, I was breathing pretty lightly during the massage, so, like 90% of the time, the mask was no big deal.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by ccww19
What are the new spa rules ?

I got a haircut here in May, and while it was decent, the best part was the fact that I could use the spa wet and dry areas before my treatment. I was completely alone in the space. I'm not sure what the updated COVID precautions are though. If I had to wear a mask in the wet/dry areas, I'd maybe reconsider, although I doubt they'd enforce the rule. If you're at one end of a hot tub, and the other potential patron is a good 20ft away (the hot tub in the spa is a long narrow one with hydrotherapy), what's the risk ?
Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:18 pm

Any sense from this group on the latest sweet spot for searching points availability? At various times it’s been three days or other such increments - welcome insights from your own experience to help guide my searching for next year. Mahalo!
Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:48 am

Would you all say it's worth chasing after Globalist status prior to my stay at the Andaz Maui at the end of this year (given COVID modifications to service, breakfast, etc)? With the new Hyatt card offer (double elite nights) I am tempted to go for it, but it would require a mattress run this fall, and probably more points/cash outlay. Currently just have a standard room booked at the Andaz, no Hyatt status whatsoever.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by pennystinkard
Would you all say it's worth chasing after Globalist status prior to my stay at the Andaz Maui at the end of this year (given COVID modifications to service, breakfast, etc)? With the new Hyatt card offer (double elite nights) I am tempted to go for it, but it would require a mattress run this fall, and probably more points/cash outlay. Currently just have a standard room booked at the Andaz, no Hyatt status whatsoever.
I get a lot of value out of Globalist benefits at this property even during Covid between the upgrades, breakfast for 4, free parking and waived resort fee (applicable to all members on award nights). No one can decide but you if the mattress run is worth it or not based on your planned use of the benefits over the next year.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 1:49 pm

The room rates at the Andaz Maui seem to have increased by unbelievable amounts. We have stayed at this hotel many times since it opened typically 2 or three times every year with one stay being over Xmas/New year. The room rates seem to have tripled or more since my last stay pre-Covid. The Andaz Deluxe Ocean View suites which we used to get for around $900 - $1200 per night are now north of $3900 per night at quiet times and mostly over $4000 per night. Standard king resort view rooms used to be around $500 to $600 per night are now $1200 a night at quiet times and $1700 per night at busy times. Staggering increases.
RedSun likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 2:08 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Andaz on Sale? Apparently not
Certainly noticed that
I booked a newer Marriott property AC for a fraction of the price down the block and it looks beautiful.Sort of Andaz Maui meets Centric
While not as elegant public areas nor does it have drop dead views we are fine with dining at Andaz for breakfast and staying elsewhere
Comes a time where you have to say is the value there?
As long as folks are willing to pay 30 k for the week more power to them
Not I.Did see the Courtyard at OGG airport across from Costco going for 600 a night a total smelly dump worth about 150 at best
Once Int travel opens up I’d rather fly to New Zealand instead
TravelingChef likes this.

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Aug 28, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Old Aug 28, 2021, 2:25 pm

if/when i’m no longer able to stay on Maui in an Andaz Suite for a TSU & 30Kppn, i’ll just take my beach vacations in Mexico. it will be slightly sad, but its been a helluva 10 year run at Andaz Wailea.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
The insane pricing across all island properties is a result of demand. People are paying it or the rates wouldn't be that high.
canyonleo likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 4:08 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Once Int travel opens up I’d rather fly to New Zealand instead
When that happens the NZ rates will make Hawaii seem like a bargain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.