Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Hotels and Places to Stay

Hyatt | World of Hyatt

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 15, 21, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by FT View Post
Thanks. All the previous talk on FHR and Hyatt indicates no issue. Iím specifically interested here in the resort fees and Globalists and trying to sort out if Iíll be on the hook for the $800. Especially as the hotel seems notorious on issues like this. Im unsure given my newness with Hyatt how hard to push if I see it on the folio.
It's all about whether Hyatt treats FHR rate as eligible rates. I would email concierge and ask first to at least have a written proof.
Old May 15, 21, 12:09 pm
FT

I can confirm it is an eligible rate. Will check with my concierge
Old May 15, 21, 6:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FT View Post
I can confirm it is an eligible rate. Will check with my concierge
You know that most FHR bookings now book through Expedia?
Old May 15, 21, 8:04 pm
FT

Yes but that has nothing to do with this.

FHR and Hyatt rates are ok. Only FHR. Not the Hotel Collection. Not the regular hotels.

one can also call into Platinum Travel - not the regular number that patches you to Expedia - pay the $39 and that has nothing to do with Expedia.
Old May 15, 21, 8:06 pm
FT

Kacee im pretty sure youíre the one who explained this all to me in another thread?

my concierge confirmed that resort fees will be waived. Thanks all
Kacee likes this.
Old May 20, 21, 6:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Multiple questions here:

Thinking of flying one of Southwest's new direct flights out of LAX in Feb. Most flights are typically in the morning, but SW has a 655PM flight landing at OGG at 945PM.
How difficult would it be to get an Uber/Taxi to the Andaz at that time? Is there a private shuttle service anyone's used?
I found an extremely cheap rental at the enterprise at the Andaz, so that will be my way to get around afterwards. Due to my honeymoon trip a few months prior, I'm short on vacation time so a late flight like this could really help in maximizing my time in Maui.

Plan is to use points for 3 nights and pay the Prive rate for an oceanview room. Anybody have experience combining two continuous stay like this? Would I end up having to switch rooms at some point? Should I just book the base room on Prive for a better chance of getting the same room for the entire stay?
Old May 20, 21, 6:45 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by kevinjm View Post
Multiple questions here:

Thinking of flying one of Southwest's new direct flights out of LAX in Feb. Most flights are typically in the morning, but SW has a 655PM flight landing at OGG at 945PM.
How difficult would it be to get an Uber/Taxi to the Andaz at that time? Is there a private shuttle service anyone's used?
I found an extremely cheap rental at the enterprise at the Andaz, so that will be my way to get around afterwards. Due to my honeymoon trip a few months prior, I'm short on vacation time so a late flight like this could really help in maximizing my time in Maui.

Plan is to use points for 3 nights and pay the Prive rate for an oceanview room. Anybody have experience combining two continuous stay like this? Would I end up having to switch rooms at some point? Should I just book the base room on Prive for a better chance of getting the same room for the entire stay?
Gosh I would hope by February Ubers and Lyfts are plentiful by then! There is always plan B shuttles taxis,rental cars etc push come to shove
I too will be @ Andaz Maui in February! Enjoy your upcoming stay!
Old May 22, 21, 3:12 pm

Good luck booking three nights (only) on points..
Old May 22, 21, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by DnvTrvlr View Post
Done it not booking over weekends a number of times
The key is the need to be flexible with your dates too.Iíve also been able to confirm a suite upgrade
though sometimes that means changing the dates of stay
Not easy but possible
Old May 22, 21, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DnvTrvlr View Post
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound View Post
Done it not booking over weekends a number of times
The key is the need to be flexible with your dates too.
A month or two ago, I made a three-night award booking for early November, staying Friday-Monday. Granted, early November is about as off-peak as it gets for the islands, but I'll take what I can get.
Old May 22, 21, 9:09 pm

If you look out far enough, three nights is definitely available on points.
Old May 22, 21, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
If you look out far enough, three nights is definitely available on points.
Agreed
Old May 22, 21, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192 View Post
A month or two ago, I made a three-night award booking for early November, staying Friday-Monday. Granted, early November is about as off-peak as it gets for the islands, but I'll take what I can get.
Congrats
That's a hard one to snag.
Having said that if I'm on property 3 or 4 nights upgrade availability is the single most important aspect so I still limit Friday & Saturday especially
Try to avoid weekends @ Andaz or head for the Hyatt Regency Maui on the weekends where they tend to be more generous
in advance and don't block or limit suites on the ground floor
Andaz has been great to me once on property giving me the best they have available so can't ask for more than that!
No guarantees though either
Old May 23, 21, 1:26 pm

Have had a great stay here as a globalist. We booked ocean view king and thatís what we got, although we were able to pay $175/night to upgrade to an ocean view suite after 3 nights of our 7 night stay.

Ocean view rooms have a great view & I personally wouldnít take less of a view for a suite unless I had to as a family (ie Iíd much prefer an ocean view king over a poolside or Andaz or partial ocean suite). Others may value the space, but I prefer the view.

Was told globalists get a discounted nightly rate for upgrades above the ďAndaz Suite.Ē Anecdotally, it sounds like some globs get upgrade for free to ocean view suites but we booked an incredible rate so I didnít want to push.

Weíve also received free breakfast and waived resort fees for the two rooms we booked, which is a huge savings, granted we probably wouldnít pay for breakfast if had to and would just skip it. Breakfast here is pretty great though and while there is a wait (20-30 mins during prime time), theyíll text you when the table is ready and itís not super chaotic which is nice.

The hotel is pretty much sold out, yet because itís small compared to other properties on Maui, itís not overly crowded or stressful, which is huge for us in Hawaii. We get pool chairs fairly easily (bummer though they allow the chair saving game w/ pool towels, but if thatís the game, then we choose to play it, despite hating the practice), beach chairs are also
very easy to get and the beach is leagues above Wailea beach (much more private and quiet).

Families are here, but they mostly keep to the lower pool and the only time you hear screaming children is at breakfast, which isnít the end of the world. Btw - mimosas are only $10 at breakfast which is probably the best deal at the hotel.

All in all seems like a great use of points and itís definitely our favorite hotel on Maui ...

Last edited by kthpence; May 23, 21 at 2:04 pm
Old May 23, 21, 3:59 pm

Any updates on breakfast here? Is it back to the old DIY buffet with lots of options, or still the limited, served buffet?

Search this Thread