FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

josephstern Aug 30, 20 9:21 am

I fear that this is just going to make the place even harder to book, whenever the time comes for that again.

canyonleo Aug 30, 20 9:29 am

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 32639947)
I fear that this is just going to make the place even harder to book, whenever the time comes for that again.

Because that TV show is watched by so many, especially among the ones that have enough money to book a stay?

josephstern Aug 30, 20 9:55 am

Originally Posted by canyonleo (Post 32639962)
Because that TV show is watched by so many, especially among the ones that have enough money to book a stay?

I'm a conservative spender. I'm older, and while I could have afforded it occasionally, I wouldn't have paid for this place when I was 30.

But whenever I'm there, there are mostly 20s-30s there for honeymoons, babymoons, weddings, or trips they've been saving up for. It's an aspirational place, and now it will be even more so. I just hope we don't end up with all of the peeps who think it's OK to play their own music by the pool on their bluetooth speaker.

canyonleo Aug 30, 20 10:19 am

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 32640013)
I'm a conservative spender. I'm older, and while I could have afforded it occasionally, I wouldn't have paid for this place when I was 30.

But whenever I'm there, there are mostly 20s-30s there for honeymoons, babymoons, weddings, or trips they've been saving up for. It's an aspirational place, and now it will be even more so. I just hope we don't end up with all of the peeps who think it's OK to play their own music by the pool on their bluetooth speaker.

I'm in my 50s, and I still won't pay these kind of nightly prices (or meals) for vacation - so I hear you. (luckily I, in normal times, earn Hyatt points to use here, and I love going off property in Maui so finding meal options is easy)
I might guess personal non-headphone music isn't even allowed, and a discreet "heads up" to a staff person would work? I don't know, I don't spend any time pool-side (I'm in the ocean or hitting up the island all day).

I'd be with you in fear, more with regard to the trailer park aspect (I mean, that is a trailer park TV no?) it might draw, as opposed to the numbers :)

afmiami Aug 30, 20 3:19 pm

Andaz Maui is not taking reservations until October 25th, they say due to Covid, Certainly September is off due to travel restrictions. They canceled my reservation around October 15th. Maybe it is because the rented the entire property to the production crew.

Goodmorning2U Sep 12, 20 10:39 pm

No award availability

I looked online today and there was no availability for award bookings for January. I called to confirm this and even though the agent checked day by day, there was no availability for any award bookings through March. There is plenty of cash availability. Anyone have insight on this situation?

AndyKehn Sep 13, 20 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U (Post 32671617)
I looked online today and there was no availability for award bookings for January. I called to confirm this and even though the agent checked day by day, there was no availability for any award bookings through March. There is plenty of cash availability. Anyone have insight on this situation?

You need to search in 3-night block. For example 3/5-8 or 1/15-18. Then you can drop a night or two later. Concierge can also combine multiple blocks and drop single night, for example (2) 3-night block and drop 1 to make 5-night booking. This property is playing games with availability.

Goodmorning2U Sep 13, 20 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by AndyKehn (Post 32672103)
You need to search in 3-night block. For example 3/5-8 or 1/15-18. Then you can drop a night or two later. Concierge can also combine multiple blocks and drop single night, for example (2) 3-night block and drop 1 to make 5-night booking. This property is playing games with availability.

Thank you very much. That is not a good game to play with guests.

nirc Oct 15, 20 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by AndyKehn (Post 32672103)

It works! Thanks.

Thanks. Maybe now will visit Maui afterall.