Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2020, 9:59 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks! Both 3 and 10 nights work (7 worked last time I went).
Old May 21, 2020, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachfan
Thanks! Both 3 and 10 nights work (7 worked last time I went).
That's one of the most important features of this thread these days: tracking the restrictions that this hotel puts into points reservations.
ryandc99 and ZBigFam like this.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 6:23 pm

Closed until July 15th now. I still have a reservation over July 4th but I’m sure that will be canceled soon.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Not a surprise, but my August reservations were just cancelled with a note that the hotel will remain closed through Sept. 1.

Last edited by slippahs; Jul 14, 2020 at 9:31 pm Reason: spelling error
Old Jul 14, 2020, 6:13 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Their closed because Hawaii just stayed the requirement for the 14 day quarantine until Sept. 1st and only if you arrive with a negative Covid test certificate from the last 72 hrs.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 4:49 pm

Programs: Chase
any recom on how to book a 1 night award stay? minimum is 3 nights, and i dont have 90k points banked to book and cancel 2 of the nights.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 4:59 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by nirc
any recom on how to book a 1 night award stay? minimum is 3 nights, and i dont have 90k points banked to book and cancel 2 of the nights.
Are you a globalists? If so, you could book without the 90k points in your account. Alternatively, you can call customer service and see if they can manually do it for you(after they see availability on the 3 nights).
Old Aug 19, 2020, 6:24 pm

Programs: Chase
Originally Posted by faboi0us
Are you a globalists? If so, you could book without the 90k points in your account. Alternatively, you can call customer service and see if they can manually do it for you(after they see availability on the 3 nights).
sadly, no.
attempt 1 failed but planned to HUCA.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 4:34 pm

Mayor Confirms Temptation Island Filming on Maui During Pandemic

Maui Mayor Michael Victorino confirmed the planned arrival of cast and crew this weekend for the filming of Temptation Island over the next two months at the Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort.

https://mauinow.com/2020/08/19/mayor...ring-pandemic/
Old Aug 20, 2020, 4:43 pm

That was fast, I think it was one day between the public announcement and this ...

BREAKING: Mayor Announces Delay of Temptation Island Production Amid Surge in COVID-19 Cases

https://mauinow.com/2020/08/20/break...ovid-19-cases/
Old Aug 21, 2020, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Now closed until October 24, 2020:

Thank you for choosing Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort for your upcoming stay. As you are likely aware, the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve around the world. We have been closely monitoring updates and recommendations from various health organizations including the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local authorities.

Guided by our purpose of care for our guests, colleagues and customers, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily suspend normal hotel operations at Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort until October 24, 2020. During this period, the hotel will not accept any reservations for rooms, the restaurant, bar or other services, and confirmed events and reservations will be cancelled.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to honor your upcoming reservation; your reservation will be cancelled without penalty and you will receive an email notification of the cancellation. If your reservation required pre-payment, you will receive a full refund following completion of banking refund procedures.

If you’re travel dates aren’t flexible, there are many other Hyatt locations to explore, including Andaz San Francisco and Ventana Big Sur, an Alila Resort. You can also explore more than 160 resort locations for some inspiration.

We know this is disruptive for you, and we apologize for the inconvenience this causes. Should you require further assistance, please contact us at 1.888.848.9496 (toll-free in the U.S. and Canada), 1.402.952.1131 or your nearest Hyatt Global Contact Center.

We sincerely thank you for your understanding, and can’t wait to host you again.

With warm regards,

Michael Jokovich
General Manager
Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort
Old Aug 22, 2020, 2:46 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I feel bad for them, but there is no Andaz San Francisco at the Ventana Big Sur is closing (today I think) due to the forest fires.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 7:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by beachfan
I feel bad for them, but there is no Andaz San Francisco at the Ventana Big Sur is closing (today I think) due to the forest fires.
Ummm... I'm not sure I fault the guy for not knowing the moment by moment situation regarding forest fires in Big Sur...

This is very sad for Andaz, but I can't blame them at all given the governors constant, shifting goal posts. At some point, the hospitality business's in Hawaii must feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football with Lucy...

Regards

Last edited by scubadu; Aug 23, 2020 at 6:47 am Reason: Clarity
Old Aug 22, 2020, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is an Andaz Napa - not really too far from SF. But not the place to be right now with the smoke.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 7:50 pm

Temptation Island production at Andaz Maui is back on, starting Sept 8

https://mauinow.com/2020/08/28/break...et-for-sept-8/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.