FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

canyonleo Dec 12, 19 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Colin (Post 31831114)
plus the best restaurant on Maui

Plus one of the best reefs on the island.

zzrayzz Dec 16, 19 8:36 am

I am looking in Jan 2021, and cant seem to find awards with any combination of # of nts....... Do they only open awards within a certain # of days?

TravelGuy1965 Dec 16, 19 11:51 pm

Match the price? Hyatt gets guaranteed dollars for selling the bulk rate. Hyatt gets even more if they perish..You can not convince me that these rooms could perish and go empty..... The hotel has figured out a financial engineering game to double dip or make Costco take it at the expense of Hyatt tier members...

Originally Posted by canyonleo (Post 31646449)
OK, so now I understand we're not comparing anything to Reward inventory. But what is surprising about a hotel selling (like much earlier) at-the-time non-base level inventory wholesale for resell to a travel agent (like Costco), only to later when that inventory becomes "cheapest available" have the hotel's inventory management system price it higher than the travel agent is retailing it for?

If Hyatt already sold out all but a few of it's Resort View inventory (much of it wholesale to Costco even), then Hyatt's yield mgmt would raise the price of that little remaining for sale inventory, and what can Hyatt do if Costco lowers prices in an effort to not be left with a "perishable asset"?

Matt4200 Dec 16, 19 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by zzrayzz (Post 31844982)
I am looking in Jan 2021, and cant seem to find awards with any combination of # of nts....... Do they only open awards within a certain # of days?

AFAIK itís 8 nights

boolean64 Dec 17, 19 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200 (Post 31847907)
AFAIK itís 8 nights

or 3 nights. Nothing in between

Dsnow0819 Dec 17, 19 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by boolean64 (Post 31849655)
or 3 nights. Nothing in between

I had to use 10 nights over July 4th for next year.

MikeW_ORD Dec 24, 19 9:32 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz (Post 31844982)

Depending on when you are staying, make sure to double check the rate to see if it is worth it to book through Chase UR or Hyatt. For my dates, the award space was tricky through Hyatt and on top of that the points were better value when booking direct through Chase than transferring to Hyatt.

TravelBug1314 Dec 24, 19 11:04 am

Originally Posted by MikeW_ORD (Post 31872532)
Depending on when you are staying, make sure to double check the rate to see if it is worth it to book through Chase UR or Hyatt. For my dates, the award space was tricky through Hyatt and on top of that the points were better value when booking direct through Chase than transferring to Hyatt.

That is a very good idea, however, I'm not sure you get the night stay credit if booked through Chase.

josephstern Dec 24, 19 11:46 am

Originally Posted by TravelBug1314 (Post 31872780)
That is a very good idea, however, I'm not sure you get the night stay credit if booked through Chase.

I'm pretty sure you do not.

jc okc Dec 24, 19 6:08 pm

Was able to book last night for 1 night at the Andaz Maui about 20 days before arrival. Used a certificate that expires in about 60 days. I am a Globalist. Had checked periodically for the previous 30 days or so and it did not show any availability for a points reservation.

Southdown13 Jan 27, 20 10:31 pm

Stayed three nights last week using points and applied a TSU for an Andaz Suite. At check in, I inquired about upgrades, and the only suite category upgrade available was oceanfront for $300/night. I asked about standard rooms and was told that there were only partial ocean view rooms left. We decided to keep the suite and ended up really liking the room and the quiet location. We were placed in the Hema Wing on the fourth floor, and although the view from inside the unit was of the side of the adjacent villa building, the view from the balcony had a resort and partial ocean view.

The snorkeling at the reef near the resort was great, and we made use the umbrella, chairs, and snorkel equipment provided as part of the resort fee. I missed out on the paddle board tours which were also included in the resort fee. We had dinner at Ka'ana Kitchen and really enjoyed the seafood which was cooked perfectly. The breakfast buffet in the same restaurant was good. Overall, it was a great stay, and we hope to return.

View from the balcony

777 global mile hound Jan 28, 20 12:13 am

What nights were you there? Weekend or weeknights?

Southdown13 Jan 28, 20 8:56 am

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound (Post 32002529)
What nights were you there? Weekend or weeknights?

Weekend. I checked WOH website for what was available on check in day and found only standard resort view rooms and no suites.

beachfan Jan 28, 20 10:26 am

Originally Posted by MikeW_ORD (Post 31872532)

less than 30k ur points ie $450 including tax and parking? (Or $375 if CSP instead of CSR).