FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

honknwave Aug 14, 2019 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by canyonleo (Post 31320423)
They don't need to... as noted just up-thread one can book over one's balance, temporarily, be it because of stated reason "I'm about to earn a boatload" or unstated "I'm just going to down-size to few nights in a day or two".

How exactly do you do this, through Twitter concierge? Calling a rep? Looking to book the 10 nights on points and then reduce down to 7 after the booking, but would rather just have the 7 nights 210k points on the account than 300k.

ZBigFam Aug 15, 2019 8:13 am

Would need to do it through your concierge

jameswes Aug 15, 2019 8:27 am

Originally Posted by honknwave (Post 31417789)
How exactly do you do this, through Twitter concierge? Calling a rep? Looking to book the 10 nights on points and then reduce down to 7 after the booking, but would rather just have the 7 nights 210k points on the account than 300k.

You should be able to do this through any of the Hyatt support people (Twitter, calling the Globalist #, emailing your concierge, etc).

dblue Sep 13, 2019 1:32 pm

So is it possible to book this hotel for < 10 nights on points? Seems to be conflicting discussion. Do you just call Hyatt support and they can handle the booking?

jameswes Sep 13, 2019 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by dblue (Post 31522081)
So is it possible to book this hotel for < 10 nights on points? Seems to be conflicting discussion. Do you just call Hyatt support and they can handle the booking?

Yes, there are many time periods throughout the year that do not require a 10 day stay to have the award night open up.

Even when it does, it absolutely is possible. If you have 300K points, it's trivially easy :) If you have enough for fewer nights and you're a globalist then it's possible but may take a HUCA or two.

If you have 300K points:
- Find the availability for 10 nights
- Book the 10 nights with points
- Call/Email/Tweet Hyatt support (I highly recommend twitter, they work with everyone even if you don't have globalist or any status). Ask to trim off the unwanted days and you'll get your extra points back momentarily.

If you don't have 300K points, but you have Globalist status it should be doable:
- Call/email/Tweet Globalist support. Explain what you're trying to do. A great agent should be able to do it for you without walking through step-by-step. If not, this is the process
- Ask to book for 10 nights and "borrow" the additional points.
- Then have the agent trim off the extra days you don't need

If you don't have 300K points and you don't have Globalist:
- See if someone will loan you the extra points? You can do a points transfer every 30 days.
- HUCA and try the option above to see if you get someone that is willing/able to help you do what you're trying to do.

bhrubin Sep 13, 2019 3:38 pm

I'm entertained that one of the rare aspirational luxury hotels in WoH in N America has so many limits and creates so much hassle for getting award stays.

UA-NYC Sep 13, 2019 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin (Post 31522451)
I'm entertained that one of the rare aspirational luxury hotels in WoH in N America has so many limits and creates so much hassle for getting award stays.

Many people who have moved away from Marriott are also entertained that an entire luxury brand in the portfolio (Ritz-Carlton) basically opts out of all elite benefits. And there is basically zero consistency across brands. And the IT is a dumpster fire.

YMMV.

Colin Sep 13, 2019 7:14 pm

it’s all upside for globalists who are now, essentially, the only guests who will be staying for free here

dannygberg Sep 19, 2019 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Colin (Post 31522905)
it’s all upside for globalists who are now, essentially, the only guests who will be staying for free here

Not true at all. I'm just a Discoverist and we booked a 3-night stay using points (just got back from the trip a week ago). We also booked 3 nights using points at the Hyatt Regency. About a week before our trip, I noticed there was standard room availability for while we were in Maui. I chatted with Hyatt via Twitter and they moved one of my nights from the HR to the Andaz.

synzero Sep 26, 2019 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by dannygberg (Post 31542328)
Not true at all. I'm just a Discoverist and we booked a 3-night stay using points (just got back from the trip a week ago). We also booked 3 nights using points at the Hyatt Regency. About a week before our trip, I noticed there was standard room availability for while we were in Maui. I chatted with Hyatt via Twitter and they moved one of my nights from the HR to the Andaz.

Looks like Hyatt has stepped in and stopped some of these shenanigans these resorts have been trying to pull to get out honoring the points program.

ZBigFam Sep 27, 2019 12:13 am

This is good to hear but it's been well documented that AM has been messing with min stay requirements. I have emails from my concierge to prove it!

Hope this trend continues, I had to change my 10 night award stay due to family emergency and look to stay there sometime in the future

josephstern Sep 27, 2019 8:03 am

Not sure if this has been posted, but I hope this isn't too painful - I'm going in November:

We are enhancing our property starting October 2019 with a projected completion in March 2021. During this time new villas are being constructed, and we expect the impact to be minimal to shared spaces. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our reservations department.

I'm amazed that they need new $4k/night space. Not bad.

skj Sep 29, 2019 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by synzero (Post 31568089)
Looks like Hyatt has stepped in and stopped some of these shenanigans these resorts have been trying to pull to get out honoring the points program.

I don't think there's been any change. Minimum stay requirements tend to disappear if there are available rooms a week in advance.

cvseuy Sep 29, 2019 12:47 pm

Explorist here, I've been able to find award availability for exactly 3 night stays (Thurs - Sun) in some weeks within January, February, April, June, August. If I add or remove a night, it would show no availability. But it would easy to book the 3 nights (90k pts) and add or remove nights via WoH Concierge on Twitter.

thefloridatravelgirl Oct 15, 2019 11:21 am

We had an amazing vacation here a year ago, but now I have a hard time finding it worth it at this cost and the amount of Hyatt points you would have to have on hand. How does this compare to the Hyatt Regency Maui? I might look into that one for my next stay.