FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

Biggamer3 Feb 25, 2018 1:42 am

From my testing it appears 7 nights is the new minimum requirement to book with points. I don't have 175k points to book this, is there any way I can get a Hyatt rep to book this for me for 3 nights using points as that is the length of time I planned to stay there for?

soliloquy Feb 25, 2018 9:11 am

Originally Posted by price123 (Post 29455696)

Anyone can also book with a Virtuoso travel agent with benefits as below. Often there is also a free night offer too (6-for-5). If you don’t have an agent, feel free to PM me.
  • Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
  • Daily buffet breakfast, for up to two in room guests, served in Ka'ana Kitchen
  • $100 USD Equivalent Spa Services credit, to be utilized during stay (not combinable, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability

I went the Virtuoso agent route. I wish I had chosen someone else. I tried two and I was not happy with either of them. But, I'm sure there are some excellent ones on this board.

For this trip for Andaz specifically, using Visa Infinte, I have these perks:
  • $75 USD dining credit (not available for Morimoto)
  • $25 USD food or beverage credit (not available for Morimoto)
  • Complimentary buffet breakfast daily
  • Best available rate guarantee
  • Automatic room upgrade upon arrival, when available
  • Complimentary in-room Wi-Fi, when available
  • VIP Guest status
  • 3PM check-out upon request, when available

ABG Feb 25, 2018 10:29 am

Originally Posted by soliloquy (Post 29456636)
I went the Virtuoso agent route. I wish I had chosen someone else. I tried two and I was not happy with either of them. But, I'm sure there are some excellent ones on this board.

Sorry to hear this news..... there is a list of FT Members who are agents (myself included) on the Luxury Hotels forum here on FT.
The perks for 2018 are as price123 wrote. The spa credit isn't for everyone so perhaps your Visa card offer is a good route for 2018.
The promo for Sunshine on Sale is a stay 6 pay 5 with the Virtuoso perks included. That sometimes changes thru the year or is blacked out depending.

m0hamed Feb 25, 2018 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by soliloquy (Post 29456636)

Find an agent recommended by someone you know.

I met mine at a Qantas event and he is amazing.

soliloquy Feb 25, 2018 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 29457498)
Find an agent recommended by someone you know.

I met mine at a Qantas event and he is amazing.

One was recommended by someone I know. The other was recommended on this board. I'm content to use our regular TA or book through Visa Infinite/Signature/LHRC/AmexFHR

sam_goh Feb 28, 2018 9:27 pm

Saw this linked on mommypoint's comments area:

Andaz Maui sold as part of $1 billion, three-hotel deal | News, Sports, Jobs - Maui News

canyonleo Mar 1, 2018 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh (Post 29471533)

I talked to a friend at the property, he said that acquiring hotel company (Host?) also owns the Hyatt in Kaanapali and the Kealani (not a Hyatt).

soliloquy Mar 8, 2018 2:27 pm

Is the Andaz Maui in this United Explorer commercial:
?

josephstern Mar 8, 2018 2:31 pm

Looks like it. For about a sec at 0:20.

strongdentist Mar 8, 2018 4:07 pm

Hello, I know this must have been covered in this gigantic thread, so apologies in advance for repeating old questions. I am trying to book a 4 night stay using the 7 night book and cancel trick for the Andaz Maui but the only available award room is the 2 queen room. I am going with my SO and would like to know if I will be able to get a King bed for that award booking? Also, are there any options to upgrade to Ocean View or Ocean Front rooms for cash on a points redemption? Thank you for your time and help.

lotrbfme Mar 8, 2018 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by strongdentist (Post 29502091)
Hello, I know this must have been covered in this gigantic thread, so apologies in advance for repeating old questions. I am trying to book a 4 night stay using the 7 night book and cancel trick for the Andaz Maui but the only available award room is the 2 queen room. I am going with my SO and would like to know if I will be able to get a King bed for that award booking? Also, are there any options to upgrade to Ocean View or Ocean Front rooms for cash on a points redemption? Thank you for your time and help.

Most likely, but make sure to include the request in the reservation and also email the property some days before arriving.

When I was there I received no upgrade as Globalist and was in a parking lot view room. It was very dissapointed but overall I wasnt expecting much from this property that games hardcore against WOH members.

strongdentist Mar 8, 2018 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by lotrbfme (Post 29502157)
Most likely, but make sure to include the request in the reservation and also email the property some days before arriving.

When I was there I received no upgrade as Globalist and was in a parking lot view room. It was very dissapointed but overall I wasnt expecting much from this property that games hardcore against WOH members.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I was deciding between the Andaz, FS, and RC for Maui but the appeal of paying for a room with points outweighed everything else, even for an entry level room. As I'm not Globalist tier I'm not expecting an upgrade per se, just wanted to make sure I can get a king. Thanks again.

slice Mar 10, 2018 10:32 am

Just received the "upgrade your stay" email offering discounted credit for Spa and Ka'ana Kitchen (dinner only). $80 per $100 of credit. Seems like a no brainer if you intend to book treatments or have dinner on site.

josephstern Mar 10, 2018 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by slice (Post 29508030)
Just received the "upgrade your stay" email offering discounted credit for Spa and Ka'ana Kitchen (dinner only). $80 per $100 of credit. Seems like a no brainer if you intend to book treatments or have dinner on site.

Makes me long for the good old days of (working) Hyatt gift cards from third party sites.

My first stay here was maybe 30% off or something insane, thanks to gift cards.

strongdentist Mar 20, 2018 10:12 am

Before I could book my award nights, it looks like they changed the minimum stay requirement back to 10 nights (was 7 night minimum a few weeks ago). Since I will probably use the points this year on other Hyatt properties, it wasn't the worst thing but still, having to transfer over 250,000 points to book a 4 night stay.... :rolleyes: