FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

tyvoodoo Feb 20, 2018 10:19 am

Just got back from a fabulous five night stay at this property. I was able to find a 10 day points window, book it and have the agent modify it down to five nights. I was also lucky enough to use a TSU into a full ocean view suite during the window when this was allowed, booked mine in mid December. Everything about this property is fabulous and I really don't have anything negative to say about it. I was there over Superbowl Sunday and they had a cool outdoor setup/party with multiple TVs and other fun things. Valet parking never made it to the bill, Breakfast was $115 every morning for two people after gratuity, also never made it to the bill. The spread of food is incredible, everything is delicious with special mention going to the juice bar and mochi waffles. The Globalist benefits here are tremendous, its a shame they have reverted upgrades back to the pool side suites. The full ocean view suite was absolutely fabulous with plenty of room and incredible views.

JetAway Feb 20, 2018 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by tyvoodoo (Post 29438468)
Just got back from a fabulous five night stay at this property.

You seem to have corralled an entire family of unicorns.

Colin Feb 20, 2018 5:57 pm

just checked out.
a wonderful return visit in an ocean suite.
all staff brilliant.
morimoto incredible, twice

Jenn0625 Feb 21, 2018 8:21 am

Originally Posted by JetAway (Post 29439929)
You seem to have corralled an entire family of unicorns.

This literally just made me spit out my coffee when I read this haha!

milemonkey Feb 24, 2018 6:39 am

I booked an upcoming stay through my Chase Ultimate Rewards. Anyone know what, if any, benefits I get at this resort using Ultimate Rewards booking?

Kacee Feb 24, 2018 8:31 am

Originally Posted by milemonkey (Post 29453048)
I booked an upcoming stay through my Chase Ultimate Rewards. Anyone know what, if any, benefits I get at this resort using Ultimate Rewards booking?

What would be the basis for benefits? Do you have Hyatt status?

milemonkey Feb 24, 2018 11:49 am

My Hyatt status is only Discoverist. However, I may be mistakenly thinking the Luxury Hotel Resort Collection benefits (Upgrade, breakfast, early check in and late checkout] are applicable to all reservations made through Chase Ultimate Rewards.

Colin Feb 24, 2018 12:03 pm

yeah, no

soliloquy Feb 24, 2018 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by milemonkey (Post 29453048)

I know that if you book through the Visa Infinte (i.e. Chase Sapphire Reserve) program you get certain benefits as follows:Premium Benefits for Visa Infinite Cardholders

Special amenity unique to each property
  •  
    • Best available rate guarantee
    • Automatic room upgrade upon arrival, when available
    • Complimentary in-room Wi-Fi, when available
    • Complimentary breakfast for two
    • $25 USD food or beverage credit
    • VIP Guest status
    • Late check-out upon request, when available
If you book through LHRC, there are benefits that include:
  • Daily Breakfast for Two.
  • A Special Benefit Unique to Each Property.
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi.
  • A Room Upgrade, if Available.
  • Early Check-in and late Check-Out, if Available.
I'm not familiar with any specific benefits for bookings using points though.

Kacee Feb 24, 2018 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by milemonkey (Post 29453907)
My Hyatt status is only Discoverist. However, I may be mistakenly thinking the Luxury Hotel Resort Collection benefits (Upgrade, breakfast, early check in and late checkout] are applicable to all reservations made through Chase Ultimate Rewards.

There are no benefits booking through the Chase UR portal.

lotrbfme Feb 24, 2018 5:33 pm

So morimoto and the beach rentals do not get you points when charged to the room?

thats what I was told at check out.

Can someone confirm?

I find it weird that they can be charged to the room but you dont get points.

Colin Feb 24, 2018 5:52 pm

my globalist concierge promptly corrected the stay credit posting to include all F&B, including a couple pricey (and delicious) dinners at Morimoto

Biggamer3 Feb 24, 2018 9:47 pm

I'm booking member rates and applying suite upgrade, are they likely to upgrade me from the poolside suite upon check-in?

price123 Feb 25, 2018 12:41 am

Originally Posted by soliloquy (Post 29454371)
I know that if you book through the Visa Infinte (i.e. Chase Sapphire Reserve) program you get certain benefits as follows:Premium Benefits for Visa Infinite Cardholders. I'm not familiar with any specific benefits for bookings using points though.

Anyone can also book with a Virtuoso travel agent with benefits as below. Often there is also a free night offer too (6-for-5). If you don’t have an agent, feel free to PM me.
  • Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
  • Daily buffet breakfast, for up to two in room guests, served in Ka'ana Kitchen
  • $100 USD Equivalent Spa Services credit, to be utilized during stay (not combinable, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability

Biggamer3 Feb 25, 2018 1:26 am

Originally Posted by Julie17 (Post 28748287)
Looking forward to our first stay here in October. Would someone be kind enough to PM me the parking option please? Thank you!

I would love this information too!