FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

soliloquy Jan 1, 2018 7:00 pm

Is it typical for the deposit to be the amount of the entire stay? Thanks! We are staying for 5 nights in Maui.

scillyisles Jan 2, 2018 2:00 am

Originally Posted by soliloquy (Post 29237795)
Is it typical for the deposit to be the amount of the entire stay? Thanks! We are staying for 5 nights in Maui.

If you are staying during a peak period such as Xmas/New Year plus some other peak times then the deposit can be the entire stay. At other times then no. It will indicate the deposit policy on the booking page as you book on Hyatt.com

Iam Emp Jan 4, 2018 12:18 am

Can someone pls PM me the kihei parking option for Andaz? Thanks!

cruisingmickey Jan 6, 2018 11:19 pm

FYI - I just called to attempt to apply a tsu to my booking. They said that as of the week of Dec 20, the suite upgrade reverted back to the pool suite only. I mentioned about the August 2017 change (as mentioned above), and the globalist manager I was speaking to called the hotel to confirm. It is 1am here on the east coast, not sure what time in hawaii time. The hotel went looking for a memo that said the suite upgrade reverted back to the pool suite as of the week of Dec 20. I think it was Dec 20 as the exact date, but I am not 100% sure. Just an FYI. I'm not sure if this is incorrect information since I did not speak to the direct of rooms as mentioned in the post above. Hopefully this is just false information since the website clearly still says in the description that the standard suites are the partial ocean and full ocean view. The globalist manager would not budge or even want to look at the website.

epost1980 Jan 8, 2018 10:37 am

Originally Posted by sam_goh (Post 29218231)
Glad to be back to this oasis of calmness. Spent the last 6 days at the Regency and it's a great family property but way crowded this time of year. Andaz is sold out too but just a lot less stressful. Fortunate for a x40 suite assignment. Our 4th Christmas season here. Happy holidays all!

I definitely agree on the calmness at Andaz. My family and I were there from 12/26 to 1/3 and thought it was more peaceful there than it was at Regency during the non-peak season.

iridium Jan 13, 2018 9:54 pm

Looking to book an award stay for Christmas December 2018 and it shows no award availability. Are award rooms sold out already?

sam_goh Jan 14, 2018 4:13 am

Try looking at 2 to 3 week blocks to figure out the min stay requirement.

soliloquy Jan 16, 2018 7:09 am

Is this hotel worth the price over Grand Wailea if you have no Hyatt Loyalty and no points to burn? Thanks!

Right now for our dates Grand Wailea is about $200 less.

boolean64 Jan 16, 2018 10:25 am

Originally Posted by soliloquy (Post 29299127)
Is this hotel worth the price over Grand Wailea if you have no Hyatt Loyalty and no points to burn? Thanks!

I've just stayed at the Andaz but walked through the Grand Wailea and heard things about it on our trip. Two big takeaways i had... Grand Wailea is much much bigger. At some point someone (uber driver?) made a comment that the Grand Wailea would have 1000 kids on the property over the Christmas break. Also, the Andaz is the only newly built property on the island so much more modern. From afar the Grand Wailea definitely looks OLD. have no idea what the rooms are like though and when they've seen a refurb.

Only you can decide whether $200 is worth the upgrade...but I definitely saw the Andaz as an upgrade vs. the Grand Wailea.

josephstern Jan 16, 2018 10:27 am

Rooms at the Grand Wailea are definitely old-school, and there's definitely a family/kid vibe there.

Andaz is way more peaceful.

I'd pay.

soliloquy Jan 16, 2018 10:31 am

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 29299898)
Rooms at the Grand Wailea are definitely old-school, and there's definitely a family/kid vibe there.

Andaz is way more peaceful.

I'd pay.

Thanks!

spgplat21 Jan 16, 2018 11:08 am

I definitely would. Some people love the Grand Wailea, but I spent one night there because the Andaz was sold out and the Four Seasons was insanely expensive and I will never go back. The place was a zoo and I didn't think the rooms were very nice.

soliloquy Jan 16, 2018 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by boolean64 (Post 29299888)
I've just stayed at the Andaz but walked through the Grand Wailea and heard things about it on our trip. Two big takeaways i had... Grand Wailea is much much bigger. At some point someone (uber driver?) made a comment that the Grand Wailea would have 1000 kids on the property over the Christmas break. Also, the Andaz is the only newly built property on the island so much more modern. From afar the Grand Wailea definitely looks OLD. have no idea what the rooms are like though and when they've seen a refurb.

Only you can decide whether $200 is worth the upgrade...but I definitely saw the Andaz as an upgrade vs. the Grand Wailea.

The $200 isn't really a factor. I was just trying to give a price comparison in case it factored into someone's opinion if all else was equal between the two. Right now we are scheduled at the Andaz and probably won't change it given the opinions I've read about the crowds. Thanks again!

DealDetective Jan 24, 2018 12:54 pm

If you have no points or status, consider booking through the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection (if you have a qualifying card). You'll get daily breakfast buffet (which is $115.54 for 2), $25 additional dining credit, room upgrade at check-in (if available), and late check-out. Also, keep in mind that the Andaz resort fee covers items for which the Grand Wailea will charge quite a bit, such as snorkel rental, outrigger canoeing, SUP, kayaking, and GoPro rental. (Just be sure to sign up for your time slots as soon as you arrive.) That makes the price differential a little less. We stayed at both Grand Wailea and Andaz last fall and enjoyed our stay at each property for different reasons. We stayed at the Napua Club at Grand Wailea, which offers a lounge with breakfast, snacks, evening cocktails and desserts, along with complimentary airport transfers. Since we were there when most kids were in school, it was not overrun with children. I'm sure our experience would have been different otherwise. If Andaz offered a Club option, that would be the best of both worlds!

soliloquy Jan 25, 2018 11:38 am

Originally Posted by DealDetective (Post 29334597)
If you have no points or status, consider booking through the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection (if you have a qualifying card). You'll get daily breakfast buffet (which is $115.54 for 2), $25 additional dining credit, room upgrade at check-in (if available), and late check-out. Also, keep in mind that the Andaz resort fee covers items for which the Grand Wailea will charge quite a bit, such as snorkel rental, outrigger canoeing, SUP, kayaking, and GoPro rental. (Just be sure to sign up for your time slots as soon as you arrive.) That makes the price differential a little less. We stayed at both Grand Wailea and Andaz last fall and enjoyed our stay at each property for different reasons. We stayed at the Napua Club at Grand Wailea, which offers a lounge with breakfast, snacks, evening cocktails and desserts, along with complimentary airport transfers. Since we were there when most kids were in school, it was not overrun with children. I'm sure our experience would have been different otherwise. If Andaz offered a Club option, that would be the best of both worlds!

We were able to add the daily breakfast through our travel agent who got us a pretty good deal on an ocean view king. Thank you for explaining about the extra amenities the resort fee covers. That helps!