Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA 1k Hyatt Globalist
it is a high end hotel with private beach and price.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:52 pm

Looking forward to our first stay here in October. Would someone be kind enough to PM me the parking option please? Thank you!
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by williamqian2014
Huh? OK, it is, and...?
But, there are no private beaches in Hawaii (law), it's just a quiet beach.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by canyonleo
But, there are no private beaches in Hawaii (law)
So I am free to lounge on a beach on Niihau or Kahoolawe whenever I want?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
So I am free to lounge on a beach on Niihau or Kahoolawe whenever I want?
If you're native Hawaiian and/or have legal right to be on the island in the first place, and have legal access to the area (i.e. you're not entering a restricted area, like a military base), I suppose so. No?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by williamqian2014
If anyone has any parking suggestions they'd like to share offline, I'd be interested. We mostly used Uber last time, but you can't Uber to Hana! (Or perhaps you can. You had ought not.)
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stvr
If anyone has any parking suggestions they'd like to share offline, I'd be interested. We mostly used Uber last time, but you can't Uber to Hana! (Or perhaps you can. You had ought not.)
Is Lyft available, I have ethical issues with using Uber
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I'm staying here in early Dec on points, hiring a car mainly for Hana trip.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:48 am

Did the Globalist suite upgrade room change for this property? I thought it was the Pool Suite but customer service is telling me it's either the Partial or Full Ocean View Suite. They confirmed me for one of the partial/full ocean view suite but didn't specify if it's the partial or full.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I used DSU for Pool Suite... which is better Pool or Ocean View Suite?

Originally Posted by nowstime
Did the Globalist suite upgrade room change for this property? I thought it was the Pool Suite but customer service is telling me it's either the Partial or Full Ocean View Suite. They confirmed me for one of the partial/full ocean view suite but didn't specify if it's the partial or full.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
I used DSU for Pool Suite... which is better Pool or Ocean View Suite?
Not sure but based on room rate, Ocean View Suite (most expensive) -> Partial -> Pool Suite.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:39 pm

Pool has no view, as it's on ground level and there's buildings (villas) completely blocking sightline. But, it's ground level so one can exit easy (through a pool). But, it's ground level so if one has a child - look out.

North-facing Makai views are of the north/west part of the island with some ocean.
South-facing Makai views are all ocean (and other islands in distance).

Other than view/access, I can't think of a variable to use for comparison.

I've never been in a non-Makai wing suite (are there any?) so I can't offer a comparison.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Yeah there are some partial ocean view suites on the North wing on the 5th and 6th at least. Might be some on the South wing.

Some of the Makai I think (e.g. x39 x40) got rebranded as Andaz suites, even higher than pool, partial, full ocean views. And there's a new named suite that's HIGE.
BOSOGG likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Yeah there are some partial ocean view suites on the North wing on the 5th and 6th at least. Might be some on the South wing.

Some of the Makai I think (e.g. x39 x40) got rebranded as Andaz suites, even higher than pool, partial, full ocean views. And there's a new named suite that's HIGE.
We were once in a partial ocean view suite on the 5th floor of the South wing. View was obstructed by rooftops of the villas down below, but you were very close to the lobby and Ka'ana Kitchen.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: marriott; united; hyatt; american airlines; delta
parking and more

same question here on the parking. would love to hear options vs valet.

also - any adults only area of the property. we are traveling solo this visit; and looking for a quiet zone. i guess quiet relates to adults as well.

hoping for relaxation in a beautiful spot with some interesting activities and good food.

researched using points/free nights but decided on $ with FHR.

thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.