Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
No rooms available using points

Tried finding a room using points, randomly selecting dates over next 12 months and cannot find 1 opening. Seem they might have done away with rooms with points. I called and the reservation lady did not know why no rooms show up.

I am sure they wouldn't eliminate rooms using points inventory, or would they...
Old Jul 13, 2017, 11:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Tried finding a room using points, randomly selecting dates over next 12 months and cannot find 1 opening. Seem they might have done away with rooms with points. I called and the reservation lady did not know why no rooms show up.
How many nights? This hotel is known for only releasing awards for bookings of from five to eight nights.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS

I am sure they wouldn't eliminate rooms using points inventory, or would they...
Took me 3 minutes to find availability.

Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by esquesk
Took me 3 minutes to find availability.
Yes, for six nights. And that's the problem, isn't it? That limits points usage while appearing to participate in WOH. How many people visiting Hawaii want to spend 5 or more nights at one hotel? Most like to spend 2-3 days each visiting various islands.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Originally Posted by JetAway
Yes, for six nights. And that's the problem, isn't it? That limits points usage while appearing to participate in WOH. How many people visiting Hawaii want to spend 5 or more nights at one hotel? Most like to spend 2-3 days each visiting various islands.
Book for 5 nights and cancel 2-3. Simple and easy - shouldn't take more than 5 minutes on the phone (if you have the points). I did it for a stay in December.

25K points for a room that retails around $400-500/night+tax is a GREAT value (without factoring in waived resort, parking, and breakfast for being a Glob).

Last edited by esquesk; Jul 14, 2017 at 6:17 am
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:54 am

Book for 5 nights and cancel 2-3. Simple and easy - shouldn't take more than 5 minutes on the phone (if you have the points). I did it for a stay in December.

25K points for a room that retails around $400-500/night+tax is a GREAT value (without factoring in waived resort, parking, and breakfast for being a Glob).
This specific issue is especially gnawing for those with the 2 Chase free night certs, I'd imagine.

I booked closed-in for 6/2017 and was able to book 4 nights.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver

I was only looking for 3 nights max hence I was searching for single nights. Thanks for the tip - I will book 5 and cancel 2.

Is ridicules you have to book 5 or more to get in the door. The reservation agent had no clue either. If that is their mode of operation, they should say so during the booking process.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
I was only looking for 3 nights max hence I was searching for single nights. Thanks for the tip - I will book 5 and cancel 2.

Is ridicules you have to book 5 or more to get in the door. The reservation agent had no clue either. If that is their mode of operation, they should say so during the booking process.
Last I looked (a couple of months ago, for Oct-Dec timeframe) the minimum stay had dropped from six to four nights (as documented in posts upthread), it wasn't five nights but four.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 1:43 pm

Just checked multiple dates from 9/13 and zilch. Probably all gone. And I confirmed is 4 nights minimum using a future date. Zilch with 3 but good with 4.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Zilch with 3 but good with 4.
Not sure I understand this comment... but if you can find four nights why search for three? Book four, then a day later call and cancel one. Works for others looking to book CC nights the same.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by canyonleo
Not sure I understand this comment... but if you can find four nights why search for three? Book four, then a day later call and cancel one. Works for others looking to book CC nights the same.
I was just testing to make sure booking 4 works online.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:43 pm

I booked 4 nights for Partial ocean room at the end of August. Will they upgrade me to any better room such as ocean view? I'm a globalist.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
They might, but not something you can count on. Elite recognition is not the strongest feature of this place. For example, in several years as a Diamond/Glob, this is the only place I have had trouble (twice) getting a late checkout.

Do you have any suite upgrades? This is a good place to use them, if you do.

Welcome to FT ^
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:57 pm

I am a globalist/diamond and currently staying here at the Andaz Maui using cash and points with suite upgrade. The suite upgrade is good for a pool suite room.
This is our fourth year here. We have been coming here since the property opened. We love this property for the globalist/diamond breakfast and pool suite. Our kids especially love the swim up pool to the suite. We usually split our stay in Maui between the Hyatt Regency (which we also love) and the Andaz.
If anyone has questions about the property, I am happy to answer if I can. I can try to find out for you, if I don't know the answer.

New for this year, the pool room suite has a new full size pull out sofa which can sleep two. You also have the option of requesting a roll away or crib.

It has gotten harder each year to find cash and points availability. I usually look a year in advance starting now. For 2018, I briefly saw cash and points for 4 nights the 2nd week of June. Otherwise, there is plenty of full point stays (25,000 points) for the summer of 2018. I will most likely book a full point stay for the next year.

The in house reservation staff said they no longer have the ability to book suite upgrades for globalists. WOH are the only ones who can do this now.

Just wanted to thank the forum for your wealth of information over the years. It's allowed our family to create some great memories in Maui.

Thank you Canyonleo for the parking option. It is saving our family $390 this vacation. Also it encourages us to take strolls along the beach at night for star gazing which is beautiful.

If you are on the fence about staying here, try it. You will love the breathtaking ocean front views/pools, some of the best sunsets IMHO and great snorkeling right off the beach. We have made some lifelong friends here with the Andaz staff. They have gone far and beyond our expectations to make us feel welcome here.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by NLaumann
We have made some lifelong friends here with the Andaz staff.
I couldn't stop laughing... I'm looking forward to your 3rd post in a few years .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.