FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

jepiv Dec 21, 16 11:12 am

I was only able to get points to come up once for the next 3 months. And only for a 10 night stay and only ADA rooms. No availability for 7, 8 or 9 nights with the same check in date. http://imgur.com/a/MVvuJ

canyonleo Dec 21, 16 11:19 am


Originally Posted by jepiv (Post 27645287)
I was only able to get points to come up once for the next 3 months. And only for a 10 night stay and only ADA rooms. No availability for 7, 8 or 9 nights with the same check in date. http://imgur.com/a/MVvuJ

Just book for 10 nights, then change to fewer nights by calling HGP and cancelling unneeded nights.

Then, as frequently as you can, check availability for a non-ADA room (assuming that's your preference) and as available change one night at a time.

In the end, if your reservation is for some number of continuous nights less than 10, with some in ADA and some in non-ADA, I highly doubt they'll ask you to change rooms and will just give you one room with no room changes required. Having the first night or two of the stay in the non-ADA room and calling and talking to the front office ahead of arrival will pretty much guarantee that you won't be room jumping.

judgecrandall Jan 2, 17 11:51 am


Originally Posted by jepiv (Post 27645287)
I was only able to get points to come up once for the next 3 months. And only for a 10 night stay and only ADA rooms. No availability for 7, 8 or 9 nights with the same check in date. http://imgur.com/a/MVvuJ


Originally Posted by canyonleo (Post 27645313)
Just book for 10 nights, then change to fewer nights by calling HGP and cancelling unneeded nights.

Then, as frequently as you can, check availability for a non-ADA room (assuming that's your preference) and as available change one night at a time.

In the end, if your reservation is for some number of continuous nights less than 10, with some in ADA and some in non-ADA, I highly doubt they'll ask you to change rooms and will just give you one room with no room changes required. Having the first night or two of the stay in the non-ADA room and calling and talking to the front office ahead of arrival will pretty much guarantee that you won't be room jumping.

Thanks to you both! I was able to book a 10-night reservation and cancel the extra nights with a quick call to HGP. Only downside is needing to have so many points available upfront.

Can someone fill me in on the Kihei parking option?

ERQTraveler Jan 28, 17 6:18 am

Apparently, I chose a very popular time to go to Andaz Maui - April 8-15. Flights are very expensive! Anyway, I re-checked the room rate, and it dropped from $484/night to $420/night! :cool: One thing I noticed was that "mountain view" was renamed "Mauka view" now. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Also, how is mountain or Makua view? Do I have a chance of an upgrade to at least partial ocean view? All room types, except garden view, are currently available. I'm hoping diamonds are treated well at the property.

So excited!

ERQ

FlyinHawaiian Jan 28, 17 7:00 am

"Mauka" is how a mountain view room would be expressed in Hawaiian. We most often use it when giving directions "head mauka (away from the ocean / towards the mountains) for two blocks."

ERQTraveler Jan 28, 17 2:15 pm


Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian (Post 27829486)
"Mauka" is how a mountain view room would be expressed in Hawaiian. We most often use it when giving directions "head mauka (away from the ocean / towards the mountains) for two blocks."

Thank you for the info!

ABG Jan 28, 17 3:37 pm


Originally Posted by ERQTraveler (Post 27829375)
Do I have a chance of an upgrade to at least partial ocean view?

For the dates you posted the Partial Oceans are $470 AVG rate based on the free night promotion. Why not just "confirm your upgrade" it now since it is still less than you started with at $484

ERQTraveler Jan 28, 17 5:32 pm


Originally Posted by ABG (Post 27831499)
For the dates you posted the Partial Oceans are $470 AVG rate based on the free night promotion. Why not just "confirm your upgrade" it now since it is still less than you started with at $484

What's the free night promotion? Will I still get Hyatt points for the rate?

ERQTraveler Feb 3, 17 8:11 pm


Originally Posted by ERQTraveler (Post 27831957)
What's the free night promotion? Will I still get Hyatt points for the rate?

I reached out to my travel agent earlier this week, and the promotion is Sunshine on Sale, 6th night free. The rate is eligible for earning Hyatt points.

ERQ

ABG Feb 5, 17 9:35 am


Originally Posted by ERQTraveler (Post 27862925)
the promotion is Sunshine on Sale, 6th night free.

^
makes Andaz maui that much more attractive than other Waliea options on paid stays

scwam Feb 8, 17 12:36 am

Just paid 5 nights stay here first week of April via Priceline Express at $356/night. Total with tax/resort fee $2187. Is there anway to get any points out of this since it's third party? And I assume that status won't matter anymore due to a third party booking. Is this rate fairly good? Hawaii hotels are a bad value overall. The prices are ridiculous (that's saying a lot while living in Japan and trying to get a good value here).

RTW1 Feb 8, 17 2:50 am

Status applies but no points....

navatwal Mar 1, 17 11:31 am

No Rewards Nights
 
I am looking for Reward Nights for early Dec 2017, cant find anything, not even a single night.

I have been checking availability for last 2 months and nothing.

How does one book a reward here.. whats the secret?

Colin Mar 1, 17 12:26 pm

book online for seven nights with P+C.
apply DSUs.
call later to shorten stay.

navatwal Mar 1, 17 12:44 pm

I dont see any availability...

On Points or P&C, tried seven nights for December 10th check in

Any trick that I am missing?


Originally Posted by Colin (Post 27976229)
book online for seven nights with P+C.
apply DSUs.
call later to shorten stay.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 4:23 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.