Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2016, 6:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by canyonleo
But, to offset all you will get new (which is merely DSU which is not so worthy), did they kill free Diamond breakfast (for top level)? If so, count that as probably $90/day (assuming a couple and no kids in room).
Top tier (I don't want to use the word either) will still get breakfast for two adults and two kids. The new mid-tier will not.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
Let's at least be fair, it's not a Dumpster View (even if there is a dumpster there), it's a Loading Dock (at least for half of the south wing rooms).
It just makes you get out of the room A LOT faster... [had this 'view' once and it is lame]. No upgrade on AMEX FHR rate...
Old Oct 29, 2016, 10:33 pm

Gotta admit, I LOL'd at several of the latest responses.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 12:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Nearby parking?

> As if parking fee was an issue before, there's free parking close enough to not be inconvenient.
I'm headed here at the end of the week with my wife and new baby. It'll be our second time reeedemimg DSUs at the property; fingers crossed for something more preferable than the Pool Suite!

Can you send me the offsite parking info? It would go a huge way in helping to contribute to our budgeted theme of the trip...
Old Nov 9, 2016, 2:02 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Masrade
I'm headed here at the end of the week with my wife and new baby. It'll be our second time reeedemimg DSUs at the property; fingers crossed for something more preferable than the Pool Suite!

Can you send me the offsite parking info? It would go a huge way in helping to contribute to our budgeted theme of the trip...
If you were going after March1 2017, the free resort fee would offset the parking fee
Old Dec 11, 2016, 10:50 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold
Smile Andaz Maui Video Review

I recently stayed at the Andaz Maui and did a DETAILED video review of the Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort including the beach in front of the Andaz, the pools, the common areas, the diamond breakfast, and the inside of a 2 Queen Mountain View room. I also stayed at the Hyatt Regency Maui and I definitely like the Andaz better.

Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by thnarf
I recently stayed at the Andaz Maui and did a DETAILED video review of the Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort including the beach in front of the Andaz, the pools, the common areas, the diamond breakfast, and the inside of a 2 Queen Mountain View room. I also stayed at the Hyatt Regency Maui and I definitely like the Andaz better.

Andaz Maui at Wailea DETAILED Hotel Review - YouTube
Nice video. Strange comment, complaining about a gekko... I agree, it's like telling the front desk one has a fly in the room - what are they to do about it (and one should expect a response of surprise?)? Not so hard to remove it, or leave it... it's as harmless as a fly and as common as one (in Maui).

Otherwise great single video showing all the hotel features (other than spa and gym, but then I too would have forgotten those).
Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:36 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold
Smile

Nice video. Strange comment, complaining about a gekko... I agree, it's like telling the front desk one has a fly in the room - what are they to do about it (and one should expect a response of surprise?)? Not so hard to remove it, or leave it... it's as harmless as a fly and as common as one (in Maui).

Otherwise great single video showing all the hotel features (other than spa and gym, but then I too would have forgotten those).
Thanks Canyonleo... and I shot video of the gym... but apparently forgot to put it in the video! Doh! Probably just to clarify -- I didn't find the geckos a big deal, but I was traveling with my Mom -- and she just about flipped out. I think for her it wasn't as big of a deal that it was in the room.. except it was in the bed as she was getting in to it. Some people have issues with reptiles .
Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:21 am

Just thinking of the scene with the washing machines... it's really such a nice feature of the property - our last Maui trip was 25 days (mix of Andaz and VRBO in Makena and Kapalua) and I packed about seven days worth of clothes knowing I could do laundry every 5-6 days. It made packing so much easier (and smaller, but not really so much lighter which I suppose is the key variable).
Old Dec 13, 2016, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just thinking of the scene with the washing machines... it's really such a nice feature of the property - our last Maui trip was 25 days (mix of Andaz and VRBO in Makena and Kapalua) and I packed about seven days worth of clothes knowing I could do laundry every 5-6 days. It made packing so much easier (and smaller, but not really so much lighter which I suppose is the key variable).
Here's the key to making it lighter: They also have dryers. No need to take the clothes home wet.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Here's the key to making it lighter: They also have dryers. No need to take the clothes home wet.
But my clothes would dry by the time my return travel day arrives... I must be missing something (like the attempt at humor)?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:40 am

First time poster but I've read many posts in this thread

First off Hyatt BRG was very helpful. I initially found a deal in Mar where travelocity offered a discounted rate and I was able to secure a better rate without much trouble. Currently I'm staying here now and its been a fantastic resort. Partially because it doesn't feel overcrowded. Not very many people in the pools/beachside. Staff told me its a nice calm before the Christmas rush.

We were given a higher floor partial ocean view which was pretty amazing. We also saw an ocean view on another floor and felt ours was comparable if not better.

Also saw rates look higher next year.. hoping to see some more sales if we go back.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
@charmander2 - yeah this is their shoulder season. We've had the pleasure of spending the last 3 Christmas's there. Christmas week is when it really picks up. They tried something new on New Years where there was a private dance dinner and party event (think it was $200 a head) where the area above Morimoto's was transformed into a dance floor. Super fun but super loud.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:49 am

Seems like p+c availability is very hard to find these days. Any tips? If I have specific travel dates, any chance they would open up a p+c rate for a diamond/globalist? Thanks!!
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:53 pm

Can anyone PM me the public parking "Kihei" option? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.