FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

AJDem Oct 20, 2016 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 27372752)
There are two things that you need to be aware of here. 1) You can only book award nights one night at a time. You can call HGP to book both in one reservation.
2) Search each day separately and make sure there is no 2 night minimum. Even though you are booking two nights, you may run into issues when you call in HGP. They will require manager approval from the hotel to book the two "separate" award nights.

Thanks for the heads up!
Also, I just realized, the rooms are Mountain view :/ I'm guessing that's a no go then for using the award nights?

cdancer20 Oct 21, 2016 7:05 am

Unfortunately yep. The reason that so many people are angry at this hotel.

Duke777 Oct 21, 2016 8:34 am

Ironically, I just found points availability for the 4 nights I had booked using cash for December. Great use of points, but also want to make sure we end up with at least partial ocean view room.

canyonleo Oct 21, 2016 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Duke777 (Post 27375313)
Ironically, I just found points availability for the 4 nights I had booked using cash for December. Great use of points, but also want to make sure we end up with at least partial ocean view room.

I see you're Diamond. I would find it hard to believe that a Diamond on points (thus Garden View) wouldn't get upgraded to at least Partial. In all my points stays I've always had either Partial or Full. True, occupancy rate is a variable, but I think still a Diamond is high on the list of getting at least Partial.

I would call well ahead of your arrival (say once at T- 3wks and again at T- 1wk) and talk up the FO mgr or asst mgr noting your preference and asking for some hand-holding of your res in doing the block, it can't hurt.

But, as some (annoyning) might post, there's no guarantee when using points, if you want at least Partial then pay cash and book at least Partial (ugh). Myself, I'd use points and always have.

monacutest Oct 23, 2016 11:01 am

Parking

Originally Posted by canyonleo (Post 27030268)
Check PM

Hello, we will be staying at andaz maui for 5 nights as well. Can you please pm me the parking info? Thanks!

Duke777 Oct 23, 2016 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by canyonleo (Post 27375435)
I see you're Diamond. I would find it hard to believe that a Diamond on points (thus Garden View) wouldn't get upgraded to at least Partial. In all my points stays I've always had either Partial or Full. True, occupancy rate is a variable, but I think still a Diamond is high on the list of getting at least Partial.

I would call well ahead of your arrival (say once at T- 3wks and again at T- 1wk) and talk up the FO mgr or asst mgr noting your preference and asking for some hand-holding of your res in doing the block, it can't hurt.

But, as some (annoyning) might post, there's no guarantee when using points, if you want at least Partial then pay cash and book at least Partial (ugh). Myself, I'd use points and always have.

We've stayed several times in the past year. Two or three times on fully paid rates and once or twice on points. Have always ended up in Andaz Suite when we pay cash for Garden or Partial Ocean View. With points, have ended up in partial or full ocean. This time, we'd actually just prefer a full ocean view. Always feel like we've been treated very well and hence will pay when there's no points availability.

Will go ahead and use points and save the cash. Even with 4th night free credit card perk, room rates were very high. It's the weekend before Christmas, so hoping it's a bit quieter before the holiday season peak. We'll see... all room types except Pool Suite are available right now.

josephstern Oct 24, 2016 11:08 am

If Pool Suite is available, at least you could use a DSU. For all dates I'm looking at, I can't use a DSU (or points or points+cash).

onN14putt Oct 28, 2016 1:56 pm

Are the resort fees on points and free night bookings now waived for Andaz Maui? My bookings show that I owe them but I heard on SD that they are now waived. -Thanks

canyonleo Oct 28, 2016 3:28 pm

I don't think any Hyatt charges resort fees on award stays, I think that is global policy, no?

Now, parking fees is different :)

zzrayzz Oct 28, 2016 5:01 pm

Def going back here now with the new Globalist changes! Alrdy thinking about 7-nt Award + DSU + no resort fees + no parking fees. Wow....

JetAway Oct 28, 2016 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by zzrayzz (Post 27406349)
Alrdy thinking about 7-nt Award + DSU + no resort fees + no parking fees. Wow....

Change "thinking" to "dreaming" and you'll be closer to reality.

Kacee Oct 28, 2016 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by JetAway (Post 27406383)
Change "thinking" to "dreaming" and you'll be closer to reality.

Beginning March 1:

Awards will book into the "Dumpster View" room (singular).

Property will charge an optional "Service Fee" of $100/day on all award bookings, which will include, among other things, bed linens, towels, electricity, and hot water.

ZBigFam Oct 28, 2016 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 27406442)
Beginning March 1:

Awards will book into the "Dumpster View" room (singular).

Property will charge an optional "Service Fee" of $100/day on all award bookings, which will include, among other things, bed linens, towels, electricity, and hot water.

Andaz will remove all standard rooms save 1 (the janitors closet) and charge auxiliary fees to flush toilets. This place is a shining middle finger in the face of all Hyatt Diamonds/Globalists.

canyonleo Oct 28, 2016 5:44 pm

> Alrdy thinking about 7-nt Award + DSU + no resort fees + no parking fees. Wow....

As if parking fee was an issue before, there's free parking close enough to not be inconvenient.

And that new award stay you dream/think of? It never had any resort fees anyway (award stays never do).

So, all you get new as a top level (I don't even know nor want to use the new tier name) is ability to use DSU, which we all know (almost always) gets blocked into a first floor north facing no view adult pool suite.

But, to offset all you will get new (which is merely DSU which is not so worthy), did they kill free Diamond breakfast (for top level)? If so, count that as probably $90/day (assuming a couple and no kids in room).

canyonleo Oct 28, 2016 5:47 pm

:DLet's at least be fair, it's not a Dumpster View (even if there is a dumpster there), it's a Loading Dock (at least for half of the south wing rooms).