Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by bxs
Hi guys,

Will be in Andaz next week so can anyone please PM me about Kihei parking option?

Thanks in advance.
I will be staying at the end of the month as well! Will appreciate if someone can PM me about this parking alternative as well! Thank you!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 5:21 pm

Canyonleo normally handles this but if you don't hear from him in time let me know and I can give you the details.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
I380, I already sent you PM.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 7:47 am
bxs

Originally Posted by canyonleo
I380, I already sent you PM.
Received mine as well with thanks canyonleo^^
Old Sep 5, 2016, 12:15 am

Thank you Canyonleo
Old Sep 12, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: UR, RR, MileagePLus, Dividend Miles (R.I.P), AAdvantage, HHonors, IHG, Skymiles
Arriving tomorrow and realized I forgot my camera charger and camera is dead. Anyone happen to have a battery charger for a Sony Cybershot compact digital camera?
Old Sep 12, 2016, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA PP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Nat ExecElite, WN CP
Any updated tips on finding award availability? Have been messing around with minimum stays throughout April and May of 2017 without much luck.

Update: Looks like award nights are available for the next week and then nothing for the rest of time. Standard Garden View room availability is very good on the Costco Travel site but non-existent on Hyatt.com. Unless Hyatt steps up it looks like award redemption at Andaz Maui is a thing of the past

Last edited by PHX_SOUS; Sep 12, 2016 at 10:58 pm
Old Sep 13, 2016, 4:20 pm

Someone PM'ed me for parking info, but I mistakenly deleted the PM before I could reply and now can't identify whom sent it, please PM me again for info. Thx
Old Sep 13, 2016, 11:59 pm

Programs: UR, RR, MileagePLus, Dividend Miles (R.I.P), AAdvantage, HHonors, IHG, Skymiles
Quick thought about rooms: My wife just check in today for our 4x free Chase nights so we got the garden view room. Just for fun we were going to ask for a room upgrade even though we're only platinum. Ended up we never really had a good chance to do so since our room was ready for us when we arrived (or maybe they just say this...) and the conversation pretty much skipped any natural times to ask about an upgrade.

Anyway, we're very happy with our garden view, cheapest-room-you-can-get room. We are in the Makai wing on floor 1. We don't have an ocean view but 3 steps out our patio door and we can see the sea. Best of all, the pool is a few steps away. It couldn't be more convenient. The sunset may be better from the higher floor, ocean view rooms. But that happens once a day. Walking back and forth to the pool and other outdoor amenities happens multiple times a day. So far, so good on the garden view room
Old Sep 14, 2016, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by valuetactics
Quick thought about rooms: My wife just check in today for our 4x free Chase nights so we got the garden view room. Just for fun we were going to ask for a room upgrade even though we're only platinum. Ended up we never really had a good chance to do so since our room was ready for us when we arrived (or maybe they just say this...) and the conversation pretty much skipped any natural times to ask about an upgrade.

Anyway, we're very happy with our garden view, cheapest-room-you-can-get room. We are in the Makai wing on floor 1. We don't have an ocean view but 3 steps out our patio door and we can see the sea. Best of all, the pool is a few steps away. It couldn't be more convenient. The sunset may be better from the higher floor, ocean view rooms. But that happens once a day. Walking back and forth to the pool and other outdoor amenities happens multiple times a day. So far, so good on the garden view room
Supporting your conclusion, even if one can see the sunset from the room (and for me when I have a sunset view from the room), I think it's much preferable to watch the sunset from the grass area (between buildings and beach) where there are many chairs, or from the beach.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by valuetactics
Arriving tomorrow and realized I forgot my camera charger and camera is dead. Anyone happen to have a battery charger for a Sony Cybershot compact digital camera?
Well, it's actually a Canon PowerShot

Anyway, I did the manual solution and ordered one from amazon with 2 day shipping. The phone cameras are doing the job just fine until then.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
We've been here the past few days. We were supposed to go to Lahaina/Hyatt Maui but with the rain and landslide closing the Pali we've decided to stay here an extra night.

I think the poolside suites are okay to good, but not great. We received an e-mail offering an upgrade to an Andaz suite for $200/night; did not take it and did not receive any further upgrade (via Virtuoso). You definitely can't get a feel for how great of a location this is with the lack of view.

Service has been above average, and there has been one front desk agent that has gone above and beyond to help us. The minibar amenities are decent, but there are no calorie free drink options if that's your thing. I'm not a fan of the water bottles they provided- too much of a plastically smell/taste to them.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by l380
I will be staying at the end of the month as well! Will appreciate if someone can PM me about this parking alternative as well! Thank you!
Also staying here but in late October. Can someone pm me as well? Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Peatisback
Service has been above average, and there has been one front desk agent that has gone above and beyond to help us. The minibar amenities are decent, but there are no calorie free drink options if that's your thing. I'm not a fan of the water bottles they provided- too much of a plastically smell/taste to them.
I agree about the service. There have been some mixed reviews regarding the friendliness of the staff on this thread. I haven't found anything to speak negatively on so far. It could have to do with how slow it is right now. This morning our outrigger guide said it was really dead right now - a lull in the tourist season. And last night we talked to someone who was here because they missed their flight due to a massive traffic jam (caused by the rains). This was the only hotel around with any vacancies.

I'm also with you on the no calorie options in the minibar. Although as I write this I'm sipping an Island Root Beer and it's pretty darn good
Old Sep 16, 2016, 12:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Originally Posted by PHX_SOUS
Any updated tips on finding award availability? Have been messing around with minimum stays throughout April and May of 2017 without much luck.

Update: Looks like award nights are available for the next week and then nothing for the rest of time. Standard Garden View room availability is very good on the Costco Travel site but non-existent on Hyatt.com. Unless Hyatt steps up it looks like award redemption at Andaz Maui is a thing of the past
I also called into the Diamond line and asked about availability. Nothing meaningful available for any travel dates in 2016 (there was a single night for a couple different months over the summer).

Super frustrating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.