FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

vtgambler Oct 2, 2013 10:33 am

Is it possible to book a suite with points? We planning a visit to Maui next May and the suites sound great. I have lots of Chase points I could use but no Status with Hyatt. Any dates I check have the standard room for 22K points but no suites or club rooms like the Hyatt on Ka'anapali.

canyonleo Oct 2, 2013 10:45 am

I have booked a suite using 33k points per night. Maybe you need to call regarding availability if you don't see it online (I did my booking by phone).

LivelyFL Oct 2, 2013 10:46 am

Originally Posted by canyonleo (Post 21541654)
I have booked a suite using 33k points per night. Maybe you need to call regarding availability if you don't see it online (I did my booking by phone).

Thanks for the info. I was wondering the same thing. We are going in the summer and I have no status.

ctownflyer Oct 2, 2013 11:01 am

Suites have to be booked over the phone. Shame they couldn't make them available online with points with the last website upgrade.

Ancien Maestro Oct 2, 2013 11:05 am

Originally Posted by vtgambler (Post 21541583)
Is it possible to book a suite with points? We planning a visit to Maui next May and the suites sound great. I have lots of Chase points I could use but no Status with Hyatt. Any dates I check have the standard room for 22K points but no suites or club rooms like the Hyatt on Ka'anapali.

I would call Hyatt for the Club room availability, as well as suite availability. For Kaanapali, you could pay club room rate and upgrade to a suite using 6,000 points over a 4 night period.. but thats about double the cost of a regular room. It is available for consideration.

AJLondon Oct 2, 2013 11:41 am

Originally Posted by canyonleo (Post 21541654)

Ditto. I also have a suite booked @ 33k per night. Did it over the phone.

ryandc99 Oct 2, 2013 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro (Post 21541802)
I would call Hyatt for the Club room availability, as well as suite availability. For Kaanapali, you could pay club room rate and upgrade to a suite using 6,000 points over a 4 night period.. but thats about double the cost of a regular room. It is available for consideration.

This hotel does not have club rooms. No Andaz properties do. "All rooms at the Andaz are club rooms" according to their marketing jargon.

sam_goh Oct 2, 2013 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by nittanydave (Post 21540169)
Do the suites have a sleeper sofa - thinking of bringing 5 and 8 year olds and while other Andaz suites offer bedding for the family wanted to confirm - thanks!

For some reason to, in my last call to HP (september) they mentioned that suites have a max occupancy of 2.

Mommy Points Oct 3, 2013 8:09 am

Originally Posted by sam_goh (Post 21544700)
For some reason to, in my last call to HP (september) they mentioned that suites have a max occupancy of 2.

Well the suites only have one king bed, so in that sense they do only sleep two. However, you can have rollaway bedding in the suites (and only the suites), so that will bump up the occupancy since it isn't a space issue in the suites.

howdychang Oct 3, 2013 4:24 pm

Be aware or need your commments: I stayed 4 days at Andaz this week with Goldpassport promotion (•Stay 4 nights and Get 2 nights free + $75 resort credit). Just realized that this is "0" eligible stays in portpolio. is it normal process for those promotion ? menas no count for your stays No count for " Discover New Possibilities " as well ?
Thank you in advance for comments

UPDATED:Called hyatt customer service and updated

T&C
Offer valid for stays through January 8, 2014 at Andaz Maui at Wailea. Hotel reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance. Please mention offer code WAILEA at time of reservation. Two free nights will be deducted at time of checkout. Resort credit based on length of stay: 4 nights Pay 2 nights get 2 nights free and a $75 resort credit per stay or Pay 3 nights, get 2 nights free and a $150 resort credit per stay. Offer not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other offers. Resort credit not applicable to room rate, taxes, resort fee or at gift shop. No refunds for any unused portion of package. Additional charges apply to room-type upgrades. Additional guests may be subject to additional hotel charges.

m0hamed Oct 3, 2013 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by howdychang (Post 21549501)
Be aware or need your commments: I stayed 4 days at Andaz this week with Goldpassport promotion (•Stay 4 nights and Get 2 nights free + $75 resort credit). Just realized that this is "0" eligible stays in portpolio. is it normal process for those promotion ? menas no count for your stays No count for " Discover New Possibilities " as well ?
Thank you in advance for comments

T&C
Offer valid for stays through January 8, 2014 at Andaz Maui at Wailea. Hotel reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance. Please mention offer code WAILEA at time of reservation. Two free nights will be deducted at time of checkout. Resort credit based on length of stay: 4 nights Pay 2 nights get 2 nights free and a $75 resort credit per stay or Pay 3 nights, get 2 nights free and a $150 resort credit per stay. Offer not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other offers. Resort credit not applicable to room rate, taxes, resort fee or at gift shop. No refunds for any unused portion of package. Additional charges apply to room-type upgrades. Additional guests may be subject to additional hotel charges.

It pays to search and read the thread rather than post such a long post.

Ancien Maestro Oct 3, 2013 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro (Post 21541802)

Ok.. I was talking about HR Maui, and you were talking about Andaz Maui. HR Maui is a consideration for points upgrade to suite. I understand that there may be availability at Andaz Maui using points as well.. so that is a possibility.

canyonleo Oct 6, 2013 10:42 pm

Do the TVs (system provider) in the guest rooms offer NFL Network? While I wouldn't watch TV on a vacation to a place like this, I'm not going to miss my weekly game, and my team happens to have a Thursday night game schedule during my travel.

I know I could call, but I thought I'd ask here first in case any knows (or anyone going soon can post)... THX

HawaiiTraveler1 Oct 6, 2013 11:34 pm

Live Music/DJ?

I attended the grand opening of the Andaz in Wailea and they had a DJ and live drummer playing by the fire pit. I went last week and there was a guy playing guitar by the bar?? meh

HawaiiTraveler1 Oct 7, 2013 12:00 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 21502549)
They would love it. The property is all about sun and swimming. I believe they even bought guests noodles (I didn't know what these were prior) simply because they asked.

There is a DJ station by the pool, but they had a live, and very good musician every night during sunset. You can open your balcony doors and listen, watch the sunset from the beach or pool, or shut your doors and you ain't hear it at all.

There is a kids club but I think the age range was 5-10? I'm not sure if the recreation attendants are trained lifesavers.