Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 26, 16, 3:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Guess the residences haven't sold as expected and the property will be pushing rentals. Received a nicely packaged flyer today. 4th night free per qualifying stay in a 2, 3, or 4 bedroom villa. Includes breakfast at Ka'ana Kitchen, free valet parking or airport transfer, and bonus resort credit per stay ($200 - $400).

We had the chance to tour a residence next to Morimotos and some do have fantastic views. Look for "Andaz Villas" when booking on the website and use code VILLAS. 4,000 square foot presidential suite with a matching $4K+ nightly rate... wonder if it earns points or is points redeemable /grin
Old Jan 26, 16, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh View Post
wonder if it earns points or is points redeemable /grin
That's exactly what I thought when I received the package. No way will i pay for it but i would for sure use my points on those villas if i could!
Old Jan 26, 16, 4:35 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I love this property
How much are they asking for the least expensive Villa per night?
The mailing confused me
At first I thought a time share and then I thought maybe a special offer but it wsant clear the costs and then i just tossed it

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jan 26, 16 at 5:31 pm
Old Jan 26, 16, 5:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound View Post
I love this property
How much are they asking for the least expensive Villa per night?
The mailing confused me
At first I thought a time share and then I thought maybe a special offer but it want clear the costs and then i just tossed it
Going to vary based on season but 2BR for dates in Feb were $2800+. Have to point out that the villas are very much larger than a regular room at the hotel. ~400 sq/ft compared to 1800 for 2br and 4000 for presidential.
Old Jan 26, 16, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
> How much are they asking

2-3x what a Makena Surf 2-3 bedroom condo goes for

$2200/night for the partial few 2 bedroom ones, from the look up I did (for later this fall).
Old Jan 27, 16, 11:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75k
Managed to book a DSU into the Pool Side Suite for my last night of my upcoming stay
Now if only one of the other nights would open up...
Old Jan 29, 16, 12:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, SW A-List & CP
Originally Posted by invalyd View Post
I will be trying it this Saturday and can report back.
Nice! Looking forward to it.

June is a nightmare, as expected. Sounds like some of you are able to use DSU last minute? Are you just calling daily?
Old Jan 29, 16, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by missmelon437 View Post

June is a nightmare, as expected. Sounds like some of you are able to use DSU last minute? Are you just calling daily?
You don't need to call. Just look at your dates and see if the poolside suite is available for purchase.
Old Jan 29, 16, 2:56 pm

Yes, check daily for the Pool Side Suite and call immediately if you see it. I've seen it disappear within a few minutes sometimes.
Old Jan 30, 16, 8:53 pm

Just checked in. I must say I had low expectations of a room upgrade and was upgraded to what I believe is a Partial View Ocean Suite for all 3 nights without even asking (though I did use a DSU for the last night).
There's a wedding party taking up the majority of the hotel which may have contributed to availability. Not complaining either way!
Will report back on the Kileh option tomorrow.
Old Jan 30, 16, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, SW A-List & CP
Yes, check daily for the Pool Side Suite and call immediately if you see it. I've seen it disappear within a few minutes sometimes.
It's available, but doesn't offer C+P (or points, actually). I'm assuming that unless otherwise stated, that means I can't book into this with C+P & DSU?
Old Jan 31, 16, 10:48 am

It's available, but doesn't offer C+P (or points, actually). I'm assuming that unless otherwise stated, that means I can't book into this with C+P & DSU?
Two separate things, really.

If you can get ANY room with a C+P, then a Poolside Suite with money, you can do C+P and DSU. Just book the C+P and then call and apply the DSU.
Old Jan 31, 16, 4:01 pm

Kiheh option is alive and well. If you park under the trees, you may have to clean up a few flowers off your car the next morning :P
Old Jan 31, 16, 4:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Kiheh option is alive and well. If you park under the trees, you may have to clean up a few flowers off your car the next morning :P
Can you share a bit more about your experience, please?
Old Jan 31, 16, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by ringingup View Post
Can you share a bit more about your experience, please?
What details are you asking about? If just his experience, then no worries. If you are asking for instructions, please use PM to avoid having such information posted. Thx

Search this Thread