FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

sam_goh Dec 17, 15 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by meecal (Post 25879911)
What's prompting the room change partway through your stay?

Bed type change. My parents are arriving late at night and will room with us 1 night before their room is ready the next morning. So the first 3 nights we're just doing 2 queens.

ssimon86 Dec 17, 15 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Duke777 (Post 25871125)
Two data points in last 6 months when hotel was probably 75-90% occupancy depending on the stay:

First time cash rate for regular room. Used DSU for pool suite. Upgraded to beautiful suite on the 6th floor.

Second stay using 2 free nights from credit card. Upgraded to full ocean view. Suites were available but was just happy to have ocean view on credit card nights.

Stays were both two nights which may have helped with upgrades. Unless you need the suite and it's a busy weekend, I'd just email that you'd like an ocean view.

Who is a good person to email on the property? Thanks so much!

sam_goh Dec 21, 15 2:27 am

The pool of king rooms may be easier for upgrades than the queens. Managed to get upgraded to x38, x37, x35 - right next to but not quite the best x39 x40 suites. Thumbs up to the front desk for being able to help us out.

pickles1107 Dec 22, 15 10:53 pm

Just managed to snag an all points reservation for 3 nights at the end of Jan. P+C was also available.
This will be our 3rd visit - the first two were on P+C w/DSU.
Are we certain that the P+C w/ DSU avenue is no longer offered at this property?

pickles1107 Dec 25, 15 11:08 pm

Not dead yet...

Just changed one of my nights over to P+C w/ DSU, so evidently the hotel has eased on it's stance of allowing this.

milemonkey Dec 26, 15 11:35 am

Any chance I could use points to upgrade to a suite by booking a P+C regular room?

peteropny Dec 27, 15 10:37 am

Originally Posted by milemonkey (Post 25918199)
Any chance I could use points to upgrade to a suite by booking a P+C regular room?

Nope points upgrade only applicable to full Hyatt Daily Rate bookings (some properties requitre that the underlying rate be for an upgraded room).

invalyd Dec 30, 15 7:08 pm

Managed to book 3 nights on C&P in January. By purchasing a Hyatt GC with 15% off I almost managed to negate the resort fees and got the cost down to $540 + 37,500 points for 3 nights which seems fairly reasonable for this property. No DSUs available, still crossing my fingers on that one.

sam_goh Dec 31, 15 10:06 pm

Just checked back into the Andaz after cutting our stay on the Kanaapali side short. Unfortunately my wife helped contribute to the traffic there by taking out 2 rental cars :P

Very pleasantly surprised with a nice upgrade and am making a point to be typing this from the basket chair in 739. My dream room - like this side better than the x40. Be a nice venue to watch the fireworks tonight.

Happy new year all!

pickles1107 Dec 31, 15 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh (Post 25944187)
Just checked back into the Andaz after cutting our stay on the Kanaapali side short. Unfortunately my wife helped contribute to the traffic there by taking out 2 rental cars :P

Very pleasantly surprised with a nice upgrade and am making a point to be typing this from the basket chair in 739. My dream room - like this side better than the x40. Be a nice venue to watch the fireworks tonight.

Happy new year all!

Very nice! Did you use a DSU ?

sam_goh Jan 1, 16 2:32 am

Originally Posted by pickles1107 (Post 25944225)
Very nice! Did you use a DSU ?

Negatory :p

canyonleo Jan 1, 16 10:02 am

What is the location of the fireworks?

sam_goh Jan 1, 16 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by canyonleo (Post 25945582)
What is the location of the fireworks?

Grand Wailea puts it on so you need a Makkai odd number room or something in the Hema wing to see them.

Andaz did host a few special events this new years. There was a private party that you bought tickets to ($125 apiece) that started with a meal in Ka'ana Kitchen. And there was a nice pool party along with a dance floor above Morrimotos. Lots of dancing (and drinking) till 12:30 a.m. Pretty crowded and fun.

invalyd Jan 2, 16 1:27 pm

Can anyone confirm which suite needs to be available to use a DSU? Seeing mixed reports between the Andaz Suite Partial Ocean View and the Andaz Pool Side Suite

pickles1107 Jan 2, 16 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd (Post 25950360)
Can anyone confirm which suite needs to be available to use a DSU? Seeing mixed reports between the Andaz Suite Partial Ocean View and the Andaz Pool Side Suite

Poolside Suite is what I booked into with DSU for Feb.